PDA

View Full Version : Southern California Annual Pass "loophole"

Seashellmama
06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Socal "Select" Annual Pass: $119
Socal Annual Pass: $149
Blockout day ticket: $30
June 21: blockout day for both Socal passes

We have Socal Select passes, and yesterday was a blockout day so we paid $30 each for the blockout day tickets, and then, noting in the terms and conditions that you can apply the cost of a blockout day ticket to upgrading your annual pass to a higher level one, went over to the annual pass office and, for no additional cost, upgraded to the Socal (non-"select") passes, and now we can go any day next week, too. :D

oohykitten
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I wish I had known that last month, I had to pay block out dates and it's time for me to renew no less.

Darkbeer
06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I wish I had known that last month, I had to pay block out dates and it's time for me to renew no less.

One trick if you have a SoCal or SoCal Select... DON'T RENEW!

There is no renewal discount.

Then sometime after your expiration date, you can just buy a NEW SoCal/SoCal Select AP during the summer, and get in at NO extra charge (no blockout pass needed). The first day of any NEW AP has no blockouts. Then if you buy the SoCal Select on the first day, you can get a second day by buying a blcokout pass later in the summer and then upgrading to the regular SoCal.....:fez:

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
One trick if you have a SoCal or SoCal Select... DON'T RENEW!

There is no renewal discount.

Then sometime after your expiration date, you can just buy a NEW SoCal/SoCal Select AP during the summer, and get in at NO extra charge (no blockout pass needed). The first day of any NEW AP has no blockouts. Then if you buy the SoCal Select on the first day, you can get a second day by buying a blcokout pass later in the summer and then upgrading to the regular SoCal.....:fez:

Genuis. I never thought of that! Thanks for the tip. That is going to be very handy for me in about a week.

magic626
06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Wait.. This news is so good! I'm actually going tomorrow and I will definitely do that. So does this means once I upgrade to a California Annual Pass (Non- Select), I could still enter the park with the $30 ticket I bought? Since I used teh ticket towards upgrading, will that ticket be void?

Seashellmama
06-23-2006, 12:01 PM
You buy your blockout ticket, use it to get into the park, and then go to the annual pass office in the bank building inside the park and do the upgrade- you're still in for the day.