PDA

View Full Version : Parades: Seating and Grand Marshalls

taingirlsmom
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
We are going to DL in a few days and I want to make the trip as memorable as possible and have found so many wonderful ideas from all of you! I was wondering about the parades, though.
For the DL parade and Electrical Light Parade is there a "best" place to view the shows? or a place to get the most character interaction for the kids?

Also, how are people chosen to be in parades? Can you sign up, beg or is it just dumb luck?

Thank you again for all your help, I have pages of great ideas from reading all your posts.

HarbinsMom
06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
We just got home from 2 weeks in California, 5 of the days at Disneyland. We sat on Main Street, on the side of the Blue Ribbon Bakery (so we weren't sitting in the sun). We had a great spot, but we sat down about 2pm for a 3:15pm parade. If you can find a place where a bench is, you would be more comfy, but people can stand in front of you and block your view.

I'm not sure about the Grand Marshal thing, but that would have made our trip. We had a great time, but that would really have put the cherry on top.

Frogberto
06-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I've found for both parades, and for parades in general, that it's best to see the parade wherever it originates.

For one, it tends to be less crowded.

Secondly, the parade will pass you by first, and you can take advantage of the park (and the lessened lines), and go on about your day while everyone else is still watching the parade.

California Adventure has wide walkways and plenty of benches, ledges, and areas to watch parades - it's really made well for this purpose. But in Disneyland, I'd avoid the curbs in Main Street - that can become a mad house, with people staking out areas even in some cases hours before a parade.