PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Cemeteries

ThomasCanty
06-21-2006, 09:50 AM
How many cemeteries are there in Disneyland? I can think of four: 1) Behind Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer Island, 2) Where the HM queue goes into the mansion's back yard on very crowded days, 3) Just in front of the fence separating the mansion's front and back yards, if that can be considered a separate cemetery (and if memory serves, I believe that's a pet cemetery, so it would be a separate one), and 4) Inside the HM at the end of the ride.

But I could swear I read somewhere about a year ago that there are seven cemeteries in Disneyland, and I can't think of where any more could be. There are plenty of bones and skeletons in the PotC and Indy rides, but I don't remember any cemeteries in those.

I thought I had read this in one of two books I have about Disneyland, but I've now reread both and there was no mention in either. So, where could I have read this? Or is my memory just faulty? (Wouldn't surprise me if it's the latter...)

tod
06-21-2006, 10:10 AM
There was a pet cemetery to the north of the Haunted Mansion. It's usually only accessible to Cast Members, although they are usually cool about letting you look. I haven't been back there in years, though, it may be gone.

There's one in the churchyard in Storybook Land.

is there anything in the Indian Vilage?

--t

Frogberto
06-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Most people miss the cemetery in the Shooting Gallery. Also, technically there are two "pet cemetaries" outside the HM. One in the line area which is actually an elaborated replica of the one on the side of the HM which is a REAL pet cemetery. If there isn't a line, you can ask the CM and they'll let you go back there to see it

So, to recap:

1. Inside the HM
2. Pet cemetery outside HM
3. Pet cemetary on the side of HM;
4. Tom Sawyer's Island
5. In the Shooting Gallery.

And then maybe someone was referring to the old Indian Burial Ground that (was) visible from the Rivers of America? There was also the graveyard of lost ships in the old Submarine Voyage counts. Its probably still there, it just hasn't been looked at since 98.

Also, the Jungle Cruise has some nice stacks of skulls, but I'm not sure that counts.

Maybe those are the seven you're referring to?

ThomasCanty
06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
There's one in the churchyard in Storybook Land.

Oh, good one! I can't believe I hadn't noticed that before!

One in the line area which is actually an elaborated replica of the one on the side of the HM which is a REAL pet cemetery. If there isn't a line, you can ask the CM and they'll let you go back there to see it

Interesting. I assume this is the same one Tod mentioned. Is this for all the cats that live in the park? I'll have to ask about this one when I'm there, but it'll probably be a few months before I can manage to be there when there's no line.

I'll try to get pictures of the ones in the shooting gallery and Storybook Land tomorrow. That would make seven of them!