PDA

View Full Version : Remember... Dreams Come True Music

ZeonStar
06-21-2006, 07:20 AM
I'm not sure I'm putting this in the right forum, I'm just curious about something.

Remember... is the best fireworks show I have ever seen. I have not seen Wishes over at WDW but I have heard parts of it and I know that Wished and Remember use the same main musical song. I was just wondering, which show came first?

I admit it bothers me a bit knowing that song/music is in both shows. I know each show makes it unique it the context they use it in... but I don't know. Seems a tad on the cheap side. I still adore the Remember show though and look forward to seeing Wishes in July for my first time.

Vegitabeta
06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Sorry I can't answer your question, but you're gonna love Wishes!

Dr. G
06-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Wishes at WDW was done before Remember at Disneyland. Remember borrowed some portions of the "Wishes" melody. However, a huge portion of Remember is original to that show (all the ride tributes, etc.)

Hope that helps!

ZeonStar
06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
I figured that was the case, based on the lyrics in the songs. It's too bad they couldn't make a 100% new song for Remember. :(

cstephens
06-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I figured that was the case, based on the lyrics in the songs. It's too bad they couldn't make a 100% new song for Remember. :(

Actually, they did, but it plays after the fireworks. It's the one sung by Leann Rhimes. I didn't care much for it the first time I heard it, but it's been growing on me.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-24-2006, 07:41 AM
I think many people miss the song following the fireworks, because they are packing up to leave, or run over to ROA to see !Fantasmic. I LOVE the Leann Rhimes song, which is hard for me to do, since I cannot stand her, although I am a HUGE country music fan. I just ignore who is singing it and enjoy the song!

Mickey
06-24-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure I'm putting this in the right forum, I'm just curious about something.

Remember... is the best fireworks show I have ever seen. I have not seen Wishes over at WDW but I have heard parts of it and I know that Wished and Remember use the same main musical song. I was just wondering, which show came first?

I admit it bothers me a bit knowing that song/music is in both shows. I know each show makes it unique it the context they use it in... but I don't know. Seems a tad on the cheap side. I still adore the Remember show though and look forward to seeing Wishes in July for my first time.

Ok first it was Wishes, I saw for the first time Wishes at WDW this June, and trust me I like much more REMEMBER, Wishes is nice, but you now what? You don,t feal the same sensations ,emotions as in remember. In WDW there is so much free space that the soundtrack at the Hub you can baerly listen to it, it`s to low , while in Disneyland music is much louder and you can really feal the vibe of the show. Wishes has music from disney movies, its ok, but remember takes you around the park!
And other stuff in Wishes they don,t have lasers, neither launch fireworks around the park like in Disneyland , at WDW everything is in the back of the castle....

You will see for yourself, Remember in my opinion is much better!

HydroGuy
06-26-2006, 10:15 AM
We just got back from WDW last week and I saw Wishes there. It was a nice show, but much shorter than DL's Remember. And the emotional impact was nowhere near Remember which is just spectacular.

For those who think "Remember is just another fireworks show so I can skip it", you are wrong. It is much more than that as Mickey noted.

What bums me out is that Remember is so tied to the 50th celebration that it will have to go away sooner than most Disney shows. I have heard they are keeping it only until Feb 2007.