PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Premiere- To go or not?

snappy
06-20-2006, 10:10 PM
I was invited to attend Saturday's Premiere at Disneyland but my Grad School departement is having a huge celebration. Damm timing is always off! Missed the first Pirates premiere because I was sick, and now this. Maybe I'll ditch my grad school party. Should I or not?

kimmybear
06-20-2006, 10:23 PM
hmm. i want to tell you not to go because that means more space for me, but to miss an event like this? i can't imagine NOT going. :D hope to see ya there!

Alex S.
06-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Do you mean the red carpet arrivals or the actual movie premiere?

If the latter, what you should do is go to your school event and somehow get the invitation transferred to me.

snappy
06-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Do you mean the red carpet arrivals or the actual movie premiere?

If the latter, what you should do is go to your school event and somehow get the invitation transferred to me.

I wish I could because everyone here on Mousepad would appreciate it more than the average person. I'm sure there will be others to attend. (trust me I'm kicking myself) yeah, I would be attending the red carpet and movie. Not that anyone would want to interview me or my buddy who worked on the movie. No big deal. What's crazier is Disneyland opening up at 6:30am on Saturday.

Disney Vault
06-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Oh I would go to the premire. I didn't know you would actually get to see the movie. If it was just the red carpet I would say skip it but to attend a premire like this is something very few people get to do.

Mommy2NicknMax
06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I'd go to the premiere.

mi_mous
06-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I'd go to the premiere.

I would too!

magic626
06-21-2006, 01:02 PM
What kind of Grad party is this? Will this be the last time you will network with your buddies before you all go and look for jobs? If It's just a social event and nothing formal or important, I would ditch it for the premier. However, if it is something very important and lasting, I would put school before entertainment. Besides, like you said, nobody is going to interview you or anything and you will be just another one of those "nobodies" walking down the red carpet.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Are you serious? You are having a hard time deciding? Premiere for sure!

Koala Gurl
06-21-2006, 02:08 PM
You came *here* to ask that question??? LOL! (J/k!) If the grad thing is a huge deal, I'd do that...but it would have to be HUGE for me to miss the premier. :)

Disney Vault
06-21-2006, 02:20 PM
You came *here* to ask that question??? LOL! (J/k!) If the grad thing is a huge deal, I'd do that...but it would have to be HUGE for me to miss the premier. :)
Me too. HUGE HUGE HUGE! And then still I would probably go with the premire because the premire is HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE.:D :geek:

MrsG
06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=Koala Gurl]You came *here* to ask that question??? LOL! QUOTE]
That was the first thing that popped into my mind too. :p You know we are all thinking: Not go to the premiere? That is just crazy talk!

Darkbeer
06-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Don't forget, you will get some free "stuff" if you go, last time everyone got a blanket for use and could take home, plus other stuff.

And you get a free dinner and drinks, plus snacks and dessert.

I would lean towards the Premiere, but only you can make that decision.

And if you are a Poor Grad Student, you can sell off some of the party gifts on eBay ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
06-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I would SO be at that premiere.