PDA

View Full Version : Will New POTC Change DL Ride Plans

Niwel
06-20-2006, 10:24 AM
OK ...
Now that POTC is revamped ... and will likely have very long lines -- how will it impact YOUR ride plan?. I.e. I usually start in Tomorrowland on Space, then Buzz, then Matterhorn, grab and FP for Indy, over to Fantasyland.... well you get the picture. Then HM and POTC are done after the biggies. Now it looks like I might have to revamp that -- especially since POTC will not have an FP.
Should I still do Space and then POTC? Should it be POTC then Space? Should POTC move up in the order or stay where it is? (Remembering that each boat can hold a LOT of people and the ride is fairly long).

Disney Vault
06-20-2006, 10:39 AM
The capacity is so high I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would still do Space Mt first, then maybe go on Buzz, grab a FP for Indy, and then go on Pirates. I am sure lines for PotC will be huge but it will move fast.

bassett1976
06-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Even on bad days Pirates used to slow down by Fantasmic time. This is because all of the people are waiting for Fantasmic and are not in line anymore. :) I wouldn't expect that to change. It just gets hard to walk in the area.

MileHighAko
06-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I'll still try and ride POTC as early and often as I can. It is my favorite.

My ideal ride plan on 1st and 3rd days during a 4 day visit is:
1. Get Indy Fast Pass
2. Ride Pirates
3. Ride Haunted Mansion
4. Ride Pooh
5. Get Splash FP
6. Head to Tomorrow land.

On 2nd & 4th days:
1. Get SM Fast Pass
2. Ride Buzz
3. Ride Matterhorn
4. Fantasy Land

POTC has a huge capacity and is quick to load, so no problem with long lines.

rentayenta
06-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I would get your FP for Space and then do POTC. Then you can grab a FP for Splash while you are in the area. After you grab your FP finish the NOS and CC rides. Return to use your Splash FP after you do Tomorrowland using your Space FP. And if it's been two hours grab an Indy FP on the way to Tomorrowland.

You are really making me want to go to Disneyland! :D