PDA

View Full Version : What's your idea for a new ride at Disneyland

zombie pirate
06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
What would your cool ride ideal for a new major attraction at the Magic Kingdom. Describe it in detail start to finish if you like. Some of the cool animatronics you would have for your ride.

littlebugg
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I've always wondered if they would ever add a permanent attraction for The Lion King, one of my all time favs! Especially Timon, and cub Simba. I love them. I would love to see any kind of ride, pref. a dark ride as opposed to a "jungle" or "african savannah" type attraction. It would go well in Critter Country if they could find room back there. I would also like to see what they could do with a 101 Dalmations or Cinderella attraction.

kewlyloch
06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I would love to see a Stitch ride. That would be cool!

potzbie
06-20-2006, 12:43 PM
I think there are possibilities of "shock and awe" for a ride (or walk-thru exhibit?) of TWENTY THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA.

• giant squid
• undersea funeral
• scary organ music (J.S. Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor)
• shipwreck
• undersea volcano

Don't tell me, "It's been done."
I know of the old exhibit, even though I was too young to remember anything other than the giant squid.

But, hey, a giant squid's a giant squid!
Can't go wrong with giant squids. Right?

charpaul
06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I have always thought a Bed knobs and Broomsticks ride would be great!

The ride vehicle is a brass bed with a magical bed knob that lights up!

You ride on the flying bed as it goes through a psycadlic tunnel of lights until you are flying through the clouds - MUSIC - The Age of Non-Believing"

Next you see ahead of you the Isle of NaBoombo and eventually you go under water INTO the lagoon where you are (MUSIC CUE) "Bobbing Along -On the Bottom of the Beautiful Briny Sea" with the fishes.

You would get a brief tour of the island - complete with the soccer game.

Next - you would fly to "Portobello Road" (MUSIC CUE AGAIN) and see the dancers in the street market.

Finally you would leave the market scene and fly back to you "bedroom" launch pad - again through a tunnel of clouds and psychedelic lights.

UsBurchs
06-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh! I love the Bed Nobs and Broomsticks idea! I've always loved that movie and had thought of just about the same thing for Mary Poppins! With a jump into a painting, carousel horses, penguins, the horse race then maybe popping out of chimenys, etc. They could call it "The Jolly Holiday Ride with Mary Poppins". Of course, the ride would be narrated by Julie Andrews, since she's still such a big part of Disney and be filled with lots of wonderful music from the movie. They just don't have enough Mary Poppins stuff at Disneyland.

I guess the same thing could be done with Aladdin - a magic carpet ride through places throughout the world. Genie would pop out now and then. You'd enter the ride through a big lion's mouth like "the Cave of Wonders" and be warned not to touch the treasures that were on either side of the queu up lines.

animalx
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I always used to draw new rides as a kid. After riding the Winnie the Pooh ride it brought back memories of how i needed to draw more rides because of how POOOHRRR that ride was. My last idea was a dark ride roller coaster style. Where you had four, four person vehicles like space mountain. That were themed Car#1 was Donald , #2 Goofy, #3 Pluto, #4 Mickey or whoever. Each car would go through different race sequences but would pass each other below and over top of each other like a wacky race scenario but still be unique as it would be going through there own rooms, whereas you would be in the Pluto Car going through scenary and then turn and WHAM you almost run into the Donald Car in a seperate room. At the end of the ride the computer would randomly pick the winning car which would bring on Strobe lights etc on the winning vehicle and bring lots of attention to it's riders. Probably a 3 - 5 minute ride. Ya i put a little thought to it. Nice post.
The classic characters could also be changed to Stitch etc. OR maybe the new CARS characters. :eek:

Frogberto
06-20-2006, 06:40 PM
One word, and it's a word children love as much as "cartoons" or "pirates":

DINOSAURS.

DianeM
06-20-2006, 08:37 PM
It would be something like Peter Pan, but with Monsters Inc characters. You would fly instead of riding on rails, preferably with your feet dangling. The "cars" would have door shaped backs, with seats on the front, and there would be a LOT of doors going by just like in the movie. And doors going overhead - and you'd start out on the bottom row, but end up going above the doors below (maybe not directly above, for safety reasons, but on a different level, so you could see the people just starting out). And there would be side doors that would open and have monsters pop out. Maybe they could use the buzz technology and you could target shoot with the monsters, or maybe not. But it couldn't be on one level - the ride would have to capture the dimensional effect of the door scene in the movie. Or maybe they could have you "change" doors midstream - using some kind of technology so that the door behind you actually changed color and pattern as you were moving along. It would be seriously cool - doors whizzing past you, above you, below you, Monsters popping out all over, the sound of childrens laughter and screams as the monsters pop out, your door changing, watching the other doors change. They could even have a monster in the vehicle kind of thing like in HM. That would be cool, I think.

What would your cool ride ideal for a new major attraction at the Magic Kingdom. Describe it in detail start to finish if you like. Some of the cool animatronics you would have for your ride.

DianeM
06-20-2006, 08:39 PM
They did that at Animal Kingdom. The ride is amazing creepy. I still wish we'd bought the photo of my husband and me on the ride. They snap it as the TRex is lunging toward you. My head was buried in his chest. They also have, or at least, had, an area where kids could "dig" for dinosaur bones. We didn't do that, so I don't know what it's like.

One word, and it's a word children love as much as "cartoons" or "pirates":

DINOSAURS.

Mark Mywords
06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I always thought a Mary Poppins ride would be fun.

The front facade of the ride would appear to be a normal carousel. Behind this facade would be a (mostly) obscured show building. After one revolution, the horses would transfer off of the carousel onto a track and into the show building for a classic disney dark ride based on the movie.

sleepyjeff
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Cover all of the peoplmovers support beams as well as the track itself with optical camoulflage (http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/oc.html) then design a vehicle that can aim its nose up and down and also bank left and right so it appears to be flying over Tomorrowland.

:)Flying Cars

Disney Vault
06-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Well I just thought of a fun ideo for a ride in DCA. It would go in flicks fun fair and be an E-ticket. It would be like journey to the center of the earth at Disney Sea but no housed in a volcano. You would be traveling in the ant tunnels and then have to rush out as Hopper appears with his fellow grasshoppers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNHjVCB15U&search=disneysea
I was just watching this amazing video of journey to the center of the earth and was thinking where a ride like this could go at the DLr.

UsBurchs
06-22-2006, 02:54 PM
I always thought a Mary Poppins ride would be fun.

The front facade of the ride would appear to be a normal carousel. Behind this facade would be a (mostly) obscured show building. After one revolution, the horses would transfer off of the carousel onto a track and into the show building for a classic disney dark ride based on the movie.

Now that's TWO votes for Mary Poppins! ;)