PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when the Matterhorn is supposed to open again?

mom2brent alyssa
06-19-2006, 01:56 PM
We will be visiting in mid-October and I'd love to take my 5 year old on it, she wasn't ready for it the last time we went to the park.

Thanks!

AaronInCal
06-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately the Matterhorn will be closed when you are there. It is scheduled for a long rehab from August 28 - November 21.

Darkbeer
06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
It is currrently scheduled to return November 21st for the Thanksgiving weekend, but the date could be later than that if they find additional work that needs to be done.

Doug
06-19-2006, 03:08 PM
What are they doing to it? Maybe they will fix the track! So rough...

Susan L
06-19-2006, 05:33 PM
^I always thought it was suppose to be rough, its a bobsled ride.

Opus1guy
06-19-2006, 05:44 PM
It is currrently scheduled to return November 21st for the Thanksgiving weekend, but the date could be later than that if they find additional work that needs to be done.

You'd think they'd be extremely punctual about those dates. I mean...this being a Swiss mountain and all.

;)

Jwebbal
06-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh, lets hope they fix that thing. It is the worst ride in Disneyland if you ask me, I hate that thing. Very rough, I always feel like I need an adjustment by a chiropractor when I get off of it (the two times I have rode it in the last two years). I cannot understand how they think children as young as two can possibly ride that thing?

SHOMan
06-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Methinks the Matterhorn is cakewalk compared to Indy. Matterhorn just needs some shock absorbers. After Indy, you need a trip to the Chriopractor.

The old man
06-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Where is the closure announced?

Rhiannon8404
06-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Hi Mom2brent alyssa! Welcome to the boards! Can't you wait until mid-November? We are going to be down there Thanksgiving week. We'd love to see you guys!

mom2brent alyssa
06-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Sorry to miss you. October works best for us because my mom will still have her apartment in Long Beach, so we will have a place to stay. She will probably be up here in November, but who really knows, her life is so confusing right now. I also saw on this other site that California Screamin is supposed to be closed too, poor Brent.

Hi Mom2brent alyssa! Welcome to the boards! Can't you wait until mid-November? We are going to be down there Thanksgiving week. We'd love to see you guys!

HorizonsA
06-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Oh, lets hope they fix that thing. It is the worst ride in Disneyland if you ask me, I hate that thing. Very rough, I always feel like I need an adjustment by a chiropractor when I get off of it (the two times I have rode it in the last two years). I cannot understand how they think children as young as two can possibly ride that thing?

Well, the rides safety notes clearly state that if you suffer from back pains, you should not ride.

ladysnowglobe
06-20-2006, 09:09 AM
we love the matterhorn. i always imagine riding the bobsled out in the wilderness:)

Tinkermommy
06-20-2006, 11:14 AM
LOVE the Matterhorn, but I sure hope they can smooth the ride during the refurb. I last rode it a few months ago and commented to a friend who was with us that it was so rough it actually felt like the car left the track a couple times. (operative words being "felt like.")

Unfortunately, my 10-year-old overheard that remark, and now she won't go on it anymore. Nothing I can say will persuade her to get back on. Bribes haven't even worked.

Here's hoping the refurb does...(and Mom's keeping her mouth shut from now on...)

Rhiannon8404
06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I also saw on this other site that California Screamin is supposed to be closed too, poor Brent.
What a bummer! First time I ever rode Screamin' was when I took Brent on it a couple years ago. We had so much fun.

Hopefully we get to see you guys soon. We were going to try to visit up your way this summer, but it looks like next spring at the earliest.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-20-2006, 02:23 PM
You'd think they'd be extremely punctual about those dates. I mean...this being a Swiss mountain and all.

;)

Hahaha! I love it.