PDA

View Full Version : Help with RV Parking

Bjacobsen
06-19-2006, 11:55 AM
My family and I are planning on going down the week after 4th of July in our RV. We will be staying at the Orangeland RV park. I just wondered if there are places to park the RV that would be close to the monorail station near Rain Forest Cafe. Also, any ideas on when to get there so we have a good choice for parking?

We are all AP holders, but without the parking benefits.

Thanks for any help,
Brian

stan4d_steph
06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't think you can park oversized vehicles such as RVs in the Downtown Disney lot. I think you will have to park in Pinocchio, next to the Mickey and Friends structure, and walk over to Rainforest Cafe from there.

biolabetty
06-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Every time we've driven our church's bus to DL we have been directed to park in the Pinocchio lot along with numerous RVs. We entered from Magic Way rather than going through the structure because my husband doesn't like driving the bus in and out of it. The Magic Way entrance is all outdoors and they direct you to the "coned" area where someone will move them to let you in the lot. Unfortunately, I can think of no way to avoid having to pay the parking fees, but maybe someone else will know.

Bjacobsen
06-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the help. When you park at the Pinocchio lot, do you ride the tram or just walk to the monorail station. Which one is the shorter (quicker) route?

Thanks

biolabetty
06-19-2006, 12:38 PM
I've walked to the station and I've taken the tram, it just depends on my mood and how busy the tram loading area is. It's not a far walk at all. I follow the sidewalk on the side of the Pinocchio lot that is closest to the tram area. From there I cross at the signal and walk towards DTD. With my two little children in tow, it took me about 7 minutes to walk there, without kids is much faster. If you take the tram and want to go in via the monorail, you will have to backtrack to the monorail station since you will actually be much closer to the entry plaza when you unload from the tram.