PDA

View Full Version : Ride lyrics and--"why don't they make them like they used to?"

The old man
06-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I am looking for the lyrics to all the rides such as POTC, etc. But this got me thinking--when was the last time they created a song, with music and lyrics, for a ride? It must be POTC or HM and that's a long time ago. Having a unique song is what makes some of these rides so special. Now I like TOT and Indy etc., but is it that there just isn't the creative force at Disney anymore to write a complete ride song? Perhaps Nemo will do this since the movie didn't have any songs.
David

HorizonsA
06-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Rocket Rods at it's own theme song in the Queue. You could barely hear it though, with everyone talking. I think it was called, "Magic Highways of Tomorrow", or "The Road to Tomorrow". Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the old attraction had it's own song, "Two Brothers."

Opus1guy
06-19-2006, 11:35 AM
There have been lots of attractions since Pirates and Haunted Mansion that had their own music and lyrics. Country Bears, America Sings has some original stuff in it. California Adventure has several (Bugs, Golden Dreams). Walt Disney World has even more. Epcot had many new and original attraction songs all over the place.

The old man
06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Perhaps I can qualify it by saying--songs that we all know and sing. It's not "yo ho, yo ho, a bug's life for me.":)

Opus1guy
06-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Perhaps I can qualify it by saying--songs that we all know and sing. It's not "yo ho, yo ho, a bug's life for me.":)

What? "If it weren't for the fact that we like the taste...you'd be out there wallowing in shoulder-high waste" not hummable enough for you?

;)

HorizonsA
06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
There have been lots of attractions since Pirates and Haunted Mansion that had their own music and lyrics. Country Bears, America Sings has some original stuff in it. California Adventure has several (Bugs, Golden Dreams). Walt Disney World has even more. Epcot had many new and original attraction songs all over the place.

I wouldn't consider America Sings original music and songs. All the songs in that show were songs that people already knew because the show as about the musical history of America. The only original stuff in that show was additional lyrics to the "Yankee Doodle" songs that introduced each segment.

Disneyfreak
06-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I am looking for the lyrics to all the rides such as POTC, etc. But this got me thinking--when was the last time they created a song, with music and lyrics, for a ride? It must be POTC or HM and that's a long time ago. Having a unique song is what makes some of these rides so special. Now I like TOT and Indy etc., but is it that there just isn't the creative force at Disney anymore to write a complete ride song? Perhaps Nemo will do this since the movie didn't have any songs.
David

The answer to your question is that when Walt Disney died, the company did as well and was eaten up by financial vultures. Creativity went out the window and that is why everything after HM was second rate. Walt Disney's mindset could not be duplicated and that is what the company lost. You will never again see the likes of POTC or HM.