PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Seating on Rides

coronamouseman
04-27-2002, 07:34 AM
When we go on Space Mt. or Big Thunder Mt., my family always asks the attendents if we can ride in a particular location (back car on BTM, first car on SM) - we just feel like the ride is better experienced from those locations.

Anybody else feel the same way? Anybody else occasionally find that Disney CM's won't honor such suggestions?

My past experiences at DLR and WDW are that DLR CM's are most always accomodating and WDW CM's are not - seems like WDW CM's are more interested in just moving the throngs along ............

Uncle Dick
04-27-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
When we go on Space Mt. or Big Thunder Mt., my family always asks the attendents if we can ride in a particular location (back car on BTM, first car on SM) - we just feel like the ride is better experienced from those locations.

Anybody else feel the same way? Anybody else occasionally find that Disney CM's won't honor such suggestions?
I always go for the front row on California Screamin', but only because there's a special little queue just for front row riders. For the rest of the attractions, it's just the luck of the draw. I like it that way, not knowing where I'll be experiencing the ride from. I don't think I've ever encountered a CM who balked at such a request.

Iceman
04-27-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
My past experiences at DLR and WDW are that DLR CM's are most always accomodating and WDW CM's are not - seems like WDW CM's are more interested in just moving the throngs along ............

I've never had a cast member refuse such a request, and my mix of WDW to DL visits is about 99 to 1. They will sometimes warn me that it could be quite a wait for a particular seat (especially because other people often have the same idea), but I've never been told to basically "sit down and shut up". That kind of behavior only comes from Universal employees... (sorry, couldn't resist ;) )

SoCalSnowWhite
04-27-2002, 12:04 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I went on Soarin over California for the first time. My aunt was with my son outside, but reminded us to get in the very front. When the CM asked my cousin for the number i the party, my cousin forgot to ask for the front and we were put in the very back.
After we were waiting for a couple of minutes, we politely asked the CM if we could wait for the next round to sit in the front. He rudely told us No, that if we want to sit somewhere specific, we have to tell them before he seats us. We were pretty bummed, but right as we were about to go in and sit down, the CM came back and told us he had made room on another "flight" for us.
Once again, the Disney spirit shines thru!!!!

Nigel2
04-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Wasn't it mentioned that one of the CM's pet peeves was guests that ask for a specific spot? But I don't ask anyway since I don't care where I sit, but that's just me.:)

tabacco
04-27-2002, 10:51 PM
I've fond that Thunder castmembers are almost invariably happy to let me request the back row, but never on Space (where I prefer row 1). Likewise for Screamin' -- their CMs are almost always fine with letting me wait for the last row. I don't usually care where I end up anywhere else.

As for Soarin', it seems to be VERY hit or miss whether the CMs will allow you to wait for B1. Some are willing to let people queue up and wait for it, while others glare and say no right away.

Uncle Dick
04-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Wasn't it mentioned that one of the CM's pet peeves was guests that ask for a specific spot?
I get somewhat annoyed when people out in the parking lot ask to park closer. The answer is invariably no.

coronamouseman
04-28-2002, 05:50 AM
Well, of course the parking lot (structure) is another story altogether ..........

Everyone can tell the story of entering the parking structure in the morning when almost no cars are there and then finding themselves ushered to the most remote point in the lot based upon whatever system or logic the parking crew is using that day.
And I think that most people in our car-based culture understand that to a certain extent because if parking was not as controlled as it is there would be a horiible mix of cars and pedestrians thrown together ............

Sometimes, however, one yearns for the days when it was only Disneyland and they had the preferred parking area for Premium Passholders that was only 30 yards from the entrance!

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

I get somewhat annoyed when people out in the parking lot ask to park closer. The answer is invariably no.

I can imagine how mad someone might get if they get 1K. :)

Niwel
04-28-2002, 10:29 AM
On BTM I ask for the farthest row back I can get. (If the CM is a GUY .... a little flirting never hurts) :) It's usually not a problem.

As far as Soarin, I usually go single rider --- so it's a trade-off. I can wait five minutes for an OK seat or two hours for a good seat. But if you can get the first row, center section, its AMAZING!

Pirates is great because I always get a whole row to myself and becase of balancing the boat ... I'm either smack in the middle or in the front.

On Indi, the best place to sit (and where they often seat the single riders) is on either of the two back corners. They are VERY bumpy because I believe the hydraulics are below them.

And even though it seems like a lot of people would be asking for special seats, you have to remember that many Disneyland visitors are either first-timers or people that go only once a year. And even those who go a lot might forget to request special seating. SO ask away, the worst that can happen is they say "No."

Happy Sitting!

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 10:39 AM
SpaM, I like 1st row, BTMR, row #8. IASM, row #3, and Screamin' Row #1. :)

Hyperboy
04-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Niwel
On BTM I ask for the farthest row back I can get. (If the CM is a GUY .... a little flirting never hurts) :) It's usually not a problem.

Hee hee that goes double, honey :) The back row is the best on BTM tho!

I think the front is the best for all the other mountains in the park, though you do get whipped around a little better in the back car of the Matterhorn (esp Dolly's Dip, on the left side). I still like sitting in the front though, especially at nite!