PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror Voice

Gallery196
06-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I have to admit, it has been quite awhile since I posted here on Mouse Planet, but I knew there would be no other place than HERE to get my question answered.

Iam trying to find out what voice actor plays the "host" in the DCA version of Tower of Terror. The voice Iam refering to is the one heard just prior to entering the library, and then again before entering the elevators.

The voice has such a great quality to it. You really cant place it. Is it an effeminant man? A masculine woman? Hard to say, and thereby very unsettling. A wonderful performance. Iam a Voice Actor myself in the San Francisco area, and I really have to give kudos to who ever recorded the lines.

There is a great character actor named Roy Brocksmith, who it kind of sounds like, but I dont think it is him. So if any of you Disney Faithful know who the mystery actor is, Or even better...if you have an isolated audio file of that VO, let me know!

I know I could call over to Disney, but they have better things to do, and this is more fun anyway!

Thanks for being the "go to" place for all Disney Questions.

Much thanks in adavance.

Brian Sommer

ghoofie
06-21-2006, 07:09 AM
That's a good question. My daughter and I always argue over whether it's a man or woman voice.

For a cool voice actor see:
www.maynardland.com

Gallery196
06-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Ghoofie. The Gender Bending Mystery Voice, just might remain a mystery! Me thinks I have to call in a favor at Diz.

My hunt continues.

Brian

rokketride
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm lookin for this answer too.

ChelleR
02-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Awhile ago someone messaged me through MySpace (I think he must have found me through a Disneyland group). He said his name was Mark and that he was the voice of "Rod" on the Tower of Terror ride in DCA and WDW. I'm still not sure if he was telling the truth or not. A couple of his statements seemed "off"...couldn't put my finger on it. He also claimed to be the voice who read all the stories and games of "Friend Owl" in the platinum Bambi DVD.

Here is his MySpace link:

http://tinyurl.com/2t2tse

I also found this link which confirms the voice on the ride is that of a Mark...just not sure it's the same Mark that contacted me on MySpace.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/tower_marksilverman_interview.htm

Michelle

ChelleR
02-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Another link....

http://www.exploretalent.com/videos/video-110.php

Another Dimension
03-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Woman.

barely
03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Not too long ago there was a thread regarding this same topic. And I still say it's a man!

hbquikcomjamesl
03-01-2007, 08:11 AM
There's a voice there, other than the Rod Serling impersonator?

Then again, I've only done each Tower once. I spend too much time in The Twilight Zone as it is.

Bytebear
03-01-2007, 08:40 AM
On a somewhat related note. Does anyone find it a little jarring with the creepy voice switches to Spanish? This is particulary annoying going up the first ramp in the Haunted Mansion. Of course I would never change the ending dialog on Matterhorn, that is a classic.