PDA

View Full Version : Missed Disneyland at Orlando!

Mickey
06-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone!!! Im arriving from my first trip to Walt Disney World, it was a real blast!!!! you can do more things than you can imagine! BUUUTT,I MUST CONFESS I really missed Disneyland!
Magic Kingdom, (that is the most compared) has an impressive castle and a great show like Mickey's Phillarmagic, but the magic,rides,smells, will never ever ever be the same, Disneyland is much better... (including cast member service) didin't had good experiences with them also, but hey it can be the Orlando Weather ,who knows?

Walt Disney World is a total must do, but I can stay with Disneyland for many many years to come!!!
;)

DianeM
06-18-2006, 04:54 PM
I think that those of us who grew up with frequent trips to DL will always feel a bit more at home in Anaheim than Orlando. That said, WDW has a lot to offer, aside from the Magic Kingdom. I could spend a week there and never visit the Magic Kingdom. In fact, on our honeymoon, I think we spent about a half day at MK and the rest of the time exploring elsewhere. I love Epcot, and the Animal Park was wonderful, and we danced to Kermit singing in the street at the backlot (as well as riding TOT for the first time - WHEEEEE!). Throw in a side trip to the space center, and I LOVE WDW.

Walt Disney World is a total must do, but I can stay with Disneyland for many many years to come!!!
;)

rentayenta
06-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I am the opposite. I'm afraid I'd go to WDW and spend all of my time in the Magic Kingdom. :geek:

tod
06-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Hello everyone!!! Im arriving from my first trip to Walt Disney World, it was a real blast!!!! you can do more things than you can imagine! BUUUTT,I MUST CONFESS I really missed Disneyland!

You missed it by about 3000 miles. ;)

--t

Vegitabeta
06-19-2006, 10:49 AM

--t
:rolleyes:

I Heart Disneyland!
06-19-2006, 12:48 PM

--t

Heh, heh. I liked it, Tod.

nursemelis374
06-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I feel the exact same way when I am at the MK. I love WDW, but I always miss home and DL when I am in the MK. I normally get over it pretty quickly though.

Disney Vault
06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
When I went to WDW I was with people who had never been to a Disney park. So most time was spent at the MK but I would have prefered spending all my time at the other parks. I love WDW and want to go back. But I am also just as happy with going to DL.

UsBurchs
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
I think I like each resort for what they are. Disneyland is the original - you can really feel the magic that Walt wanted to give to people, and I have wonderful memories from Disneyland. DisneyWorld is REALLY impressive as far as it's size and all the cool stuff outside of the Magic Kingdom. For me, the Magic Kingdom is Disneyland, with some alterations. I do, however, like Cinderella's Castle WAY more than Sleeping Beauty's Castle. When I get to Disneyland, I always say, "Where's the castle?" but that sure isn't the case at Magic Kingdom. You can't miss it! TA-DA! It shows itself from far, far away! I haven't been to DisneyWorld in a long time, so we're headed there for our next big trip. It will be fun to see all the changes, but I'll be with different people, in a different millinium! It will be different all around!

I also think Disneyland is WAY better for a first trip with your little one. My two-year-old would NOT have gotten as much out of Disney World in five days as he did out of Disneyland and DCA in one day. Much easier park to deal with!

Really, I'll take either one! I would also love to see Disneyland Paris, Tokyo and HongKong. To go to all five is a dream of mine! (plus I'd have a cool collection of pins! woo hoo!)