PDA

View Full Version : Entrance Welcome Spiel

Gemini Cricket
04-27-2002, 05:46 AM
It's been awhile since I've been to DL (October 2001 for crying out loud), but when I was there last I didn't remember hearing the "Welcome Spiel" near the entrance to DL. Does it still play?
"Hello...and welcome to Disneyland..."

Thanks in advance,
:cool:GC

PS: Does anyone know the narrator's name? He's known as "The Voice of Disneyland". He does a narration for the LAX airport too.
:)

Uncle Dick
04-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
PS: Does anyone know the narrator's name? He's known as "The Voice of Disneyland". He does a narration for the LAX airport too.
:)
Jack Wagner

I don't think the "Entrance" spiel has played since the whole Disneyland Resort concept began. I guess with the way the parks are situated, it would be a bit confusing to play two separate spiels for the two different parks. I also have a feeling that the new tram autospiel is supposed to serve the same purpose as the "Entrance" spiel once did.

Wackokid
04-27-2002, 08:07 PM
i don't remember anything about it except i know it had the "happiest place on earth" line
couldn't they just play it so you could only hear it inside or really close to each park?

Nigel2
04-27-2002, 09:16 PM
They also used the voice of the dodgers at the ticket booths, anyone else remember?:D