PDA

View Full Version : splash mtn train window

Tigertail777
04-26-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey guys! The last time I saw splash mtn, was about 3 months after it had opened, I don't remember seeing that train window where the train people can see into splash mtn. Was it always there? Is it hard to see, or was I just looking the wrong place or what? Anyone know?

Uncle Dick
04-26-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
Hey guys! The last time I saw splash mtn, was about 3 months after it had opened, I don't remember seeing that train window where the train people can see into splash mtn. Was it always there? Is it hard to see, or was I just looking the wrong place or what? Anyone know?
As far as I know, it's always been there and it is pretty easy to see if you look up during the final SM scene. It is easily missed because there's so much going on in the ride at the point where the train is visible. The attentions of most people are directed toward the Zip-A-Dee Lady and not the relatively discreet windows near the ceiling.

Tigertail777
04-27-2002, 12:26 AM
OK thanks uncle dick, but this does bring up another question: are the splash mtn logs, and the train timed to appear in the same place at the same time always, or it just a chance occuence to see it? I will have to look for this when I go to Disneyland in July--I don't remember seeing it on the train either, but I'm not sure if we circumnavigated the whole park on the train either.

Uncle Dick
04-27-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
OK thanks uncle dick, but this does bring up another question: are the splash mtn logs, and the train timed to appear in the same place at the same time always, or it just a chance occuence to see it?
The Splash Mountain logs cycle continuously through the final show scene so if you're on the train, you're basically guaranteed to see logs floating through the ride (unless it's broken or something). If you're on one of the logs, it's basically dumb luck as to whether or not you'll see the train passing above simply because there're a lot more logs than trains.

Hyperboy
04-28-2002, 10:51 AM
So has anyone been on the train recently? I assume there's been tarps or something over the windows for the rehab. Have they been taken down or is it still just a dark tunnel?

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
So has anyone been on the train recently? I assume there's been tarps or something over the windows for the rehab. Have they been taken down or is it still just a dark tunnel?
There's a roll down door to cover the window. :)

Hyperboy
04-28-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

There's a roll down door to cover the window. :)

So I assume it's still down then.... good thing -- those chickens with fingers really creep me out :D

("I hate that chicken..." - Hamm, Toy Story 2)