PDA

View Full Version : Work has begun on the Anaheim GardenWalk, plus lots of DLR photos

Darkbeer
06-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Yes folks, beleive it or not a large amount of trucks have been coming out of the work area for the last few days, so it looks like phase 1 of the Anaheim GardenWalk might open next summer.

Also, Disney has permentely removed some lamp posts in the Rivers of America area.

The DVC Model home is basically finished on the outside

Plus of course, Sub Lagoon photos...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1570036

ENJOY! :fez:

Leap for Joy
06-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Great pictures DB! Thanks!!

What is the large screen in Tomorrowland for?

I don't really like the look of the DVC house! It looks like a warehouse that someone tried to dress up.

Disney Vault
06-17-2006, 10:45 AM
What is this DVC house? I think I missed something about this a while ago. Why do they have this model house? Where are the real ones going to be located? Has Disney ever build little homes for DVC before or are they normally just like hotels?

And did they have to remove the lamp posts when they did the original premire for potc? I hope they end up putting them back after the premire because it looks kind of funny to still have some in place when many were taken out.

Great pictures and thanks for keeping us all updated on the resort and gardenwalk.:)

Rhiannon8404
06-17-2006, 02:47 PM
What is this DVC house? I think I missed something about this a while ago. Why do they have this model house? Where are the real ones going to be located? Has Disney ever build little homes for DVC before or are they normally just like hotels?

I'm curious about this, too! I know they are still selling Sarasota Springs. We heard their presentation the last time we were down there, but opted not to join. We would be interested if they were selling properties in Anaheim.

findin mickeys
06-21-2006, 08:16 AM
I too am wondering what the DVC house is? Also, is the Annaheim Gardens a part of DLR? What will it be? I have been wondering this the last several trips I have had to DLR and saw the signs.

Thanks.

Alex S.
06-21-2006, 09:13 AM
If you go up to one of the DVC carts around the resort and express sufficient interest you can attend a presentation with more information and where they'll really try to sell you on DVC.

For quite a while now they've been doing these presentations in a conference room at the special events building (that is the building between Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier hotel where you can book Disneyland Weddings and other special events) which was nobody's idea of ideal (the special events people wanted their conference room back and the DVC people thought it was a little ghetto).

Once it is complete (if it isn't already) those presentations will be done in this new building.

As for opening a DVC property in California it is my understanding (though it is a slim, tenuous understanding so I may be wrong) that there is a conflict between California's laws regulating timeshares and the like and the way Disney operates DVC making a California property unlikely (though you can use DVC points to stay at Disneyland hotels).

GardenWalk is not part of the Disneyland Resort (though it is part of the Anaheim Resort Area) and is completely independent from the parks and in direct competition with Downtown Disney.

Disney Vault
06-21-2006, 10:49 AM
I hope GardenWalk turns out nice and gives Disney some competition. Competitiion is good and will make Disney expand DTD and offer new things to keep you there.

PapiBear
06-21-2006, 11:22 PM
GardenWalk looks decent, but like just another ordinary SoCal outdoor mall. It's competition not only for DTD but also the Block at Orange. More cinemas, eh? LOL.:rolleyes: Everyone seems to forget the old Mann's Cinemaland Theater (http://www.fromscripttodvd.com/70mm_in_orange_county_cinemaland.htm), which was once beautiful and was located across the street from the HoJo's, where the Ramada Inn is today. (I remember seeing Herbie Rides Again there in 1974. They even had a Herbie-styled VW Bug on display near the box office.)

Ah well. At least the land's being put to some kind of use.

zombie pirate
06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks again for the great pictures Darkbeer.