PDA

View Full Version : Latest Deals?

Disney Daddy of 4
06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
I know that this comes up all the time, but please bear with me. My family is headed to DL on June 28th-30th...withoutme :( ..., but I still want to help them out. What are the best deals on 3 day park hoppers? Are there any specials that are out there? They are staying in the DL campground in a 5th wheel and I want to know if there are any perks for staying there. Any and all help would be a huge blessing.

P.S. I am a former AP holder trying to save up enough to get AP's in 2 years for 2 adults and 6 kids.

P.P.S I did let them know about the hidden bathrooms. I have a 1yr old going...felt it was important.

darph nader
06-16-2006, 11:04 PM
It stinks you can't go.:crying: But one quick question. WHERE the heck is a D/L campground?:confused: Last i heard some brainiac turned them into parking lots.:eek:

No,it's sad you can't go.:(

Opus1guy
06-17-2006, 12:27 AM
WHERE the heck is a D/L campground?:confused: Last i heard some brainiac turned them into parking lots.:eek:

No longer any campgrounds owned or operated by Disney (that I know of)...but there are several in the area, including this one:

http://www.anaheimresortrvpark.com/

For others also see:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/dlguide/4_Accommodations/campgrounds.htm

Darkbeer
06-17-2006, 05:22 AM
Best deal on 3 day ParkHoppers are purchased in advance at Disneyland.com or GetAwayToday.com.

rentayenta
06-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Best deal on 3 day ParkHoppers are purchased in advance at Disneyland.com or GetAwayToday.com.

www.disneyland.com and www.getawaytoday.com are selling the Hoppers for the same price. The GetAwayToday site charges a $10 "handling fee" while the DL site does not.

Disney Daddy of 4
06-17-2006, 07:01 AM
What about the deal at costco? It looked as it was 4 days at $119. I think that they could enjoy an extra night when they first get there. Also the my bad...the RV park is not owned by disney, but they do have a shuttle to the park. Does anyone know where it is located?

rentayenta
06-17-2006, 07:34 AM
What about the deal at costco? It looked as it was 4 days at $119. I think that they could enjoy an extra night when they first get there. Also the my bad...the RV park is not owned by disney, but they do have a shuttle to the park. Does anyone know where it is located?

I don't know about Costco tickets but right now they are running a fantastic package deal. 4th night free at any of the DLR hotels, free character breakfast, and a $20 gift card.

Tinkermommy
06-17-2006, 09:48 AM
What about the deal at costco? It looked as it was 4 days at $119.

The Costco 4-day pass is indeed $119, but it's not a Park Hopper. They could visit both parks, but not on the same day.

darph nader
06-17-2006, 10:35 AM
No longer any campgrounds owned or operated by Disney (that I know of)...but there are several in the area, including this one:

http://www.anaheimresortrvpark.com/

For others also see:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/dlguide/4_Accommodations/campgrounds.htm

Thanks Opus. I knew about the one north on Harbor(more parking lot than campground). The Anaheim resort rv park is news to me. We used to love the koa and Disney campgrounds. Close and inexpensive(cheap).:p

kiwifuz
06-17-2006, 11:10 AM
The Costco 4-day pass is indeed $119, but it's not a Park Hopper. They could visit both parks, but not on the same day.
Also, that Costco deal is only for Southern California residents.

Smeecanada
06-17-2006, 02:04 PM
When you order through Disney.com it mentions something about a merchandise coupon? Anyone in the know as to what the deal is with that.
Also, is it just available to people who have their tickets mail or is it available to people who pick up at the Will Call booth.

only 27 more days to go.....

disneynut
06-17-2006, 02:44 PM
We purchased hopper passes through dl.com and did will call pick up. Because of the will call we didn't get the coupon. From my understanding, you only get the coupon through the mail.

FunMom
06-17-2006, 02:53 PM
If you know anyone in the military - or maybe a civilian working on base for the military, they can get you military tickets from their MMRW. We have saved over $40 per adult on 3-5 day hoppers. However, you do NOT get an EE with these hoppers.

Klutch
06-17-2006, 03:42 PM
If you know anyone in the military - or maybe a civilian working on base for the military, they can get you military tickets from their MMRW. We have saved over $40 per adult on 3-5 day hoppers. However, you do NOT get an EE with these hoppers.

People are free to do what they wish, but bear in mind the MWR tickets are intended only for military members and their families. Disney does not discount these tickets for the military. The MWR tickets are subsidized with profits from military exchanges (PX). :)

CamCay
06-17-2006, 07:03 PM
A friend just told me today about a Costco deal that included two days at universal studios. He said the deal was amazing. We always go AAA for the Enhanced Fastpass and stay at the Disneyland Hotel. But for staying offsite it would be worth checking out.

kiwifuz
06-17-2006, 07:55 PM
A friend just told me today about a Costco deal that included two days at universal studios. He said the deal was amazing. We always go AAA for the Enhanced Fastpass and stay at the Disneyland Hotel. But for staying offsite it would be worth checking out.
Hmm not sure what that would be. But Costco.com does have something that non-Southern CA residents can use called the Southern California Citypass. You get a 3 day DL park hopper (which includes one EE day), 1 day at Universal, 1 day at Sea World, & 1 day at San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park. It's a pretty good deal if you're able to spend that much time, but since your family will only be there for 3 days I don't see it being worth it.

Bolivar
06-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Today I received a promotional mailer from Disney saying that the biggest celebration in Disneyland history won't last forever. It says to check out the deals and gives a web site with a promotional code.

I went to the website, entered some dates, entered the number of people and the page says that to take advantage of the kids play and fly free I need to arrive between 1/3/06 and 4/25/06. And it won't let me go past this page.

Interesting deal they sent, I need to travel three months ago.

momuvseven
06-18-2006, 05:47 AM
People are free to do what they wish, but bear in mind the MWR tickets are intended only for military members and their families. Disney does not discount these tickets for the military. The MWR tickets are subsidized with profits from military exchanges (PX). :)

When using these tickets you may be required to show valid military ID. I would not risk the hassles and embarrassment of trying to use tickets without proper ID just to save a few bucks. We are former military and we sacrificed a lot to have these benefits.