PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Marriage Proposal ideas

Pages : [1] 2

Choop
06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, I've been reading a few ideas for proposals on the board here and I haven't really found that ONE that sparked an idea that sounded like it fit my girlfriend and I. I know that she wants pictures taken of the moment, and it should be romantic. It should be semi-public to public, I'd like us to have our moment, but I'd also like people to see us so she can feel special. It has to be Disneyland or California Adventure because we live in So Cal.

ANY IDEAS??

Heck, even non-Disneyland ideas would be welcome at this point!! :D

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DaddyB
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Find a princess outside the castle (ask the character finder for your girl's favorite princess and when and where you might find her)... when you finally get up to be with her, drop down on one knee and ask your intended to be your princess for the rest of your life.

I guarantee you a standing ovation and LOTS of pictures!

Only problem is that you can really only find the princesses out in daylight, so your proposal would be more of a morning/early afternoon thing.

taingirlsmom
06-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Maybe a character breakfast/lunch where her favorite character is and have them present the ring or maybe on a favorite ride with the CM's ready to take pictures (can you imagine how much fun the Jungle Cruise could be if that happened!)
Good luck-no matter what you do, she'll love it!

chrisaustx
06-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Do it by the wishing well on the side of the castle, but please, don't do it at the exit gate. Last year I saw some guy propose at the exit gate, I couldn't help but laugh at him.

PapiBear
06-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Bungee jump off the Matterhorn while a giant banner saying "will you marry me?" unfurls. That'll get her.

DianeM
06-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Having it photographed is a bit of a challenge, unless you hire a photographer to follow you around, which will proably ruin the suprise. My mother took a picture of my husband giving me the ring, but that was well after the proposal. I have to say that the picture isn't that flattering. Very few women look their best when they are really suprised. I think that if you set it up right, then it will be "special" whether people see you or not, and will be memorable whether you photograph it or not. You could take her for dinner at the blue bayou, and arrange for them to deliver the ring as dessert (I think you might be able to arrange a waterside table, if you're willing to wait a bit). You might be able to get a CM to take a picture, too. But I honestly think that getting a GOOD photograph will be a longshot.

Hey guys, I've been reading a few ideas for proposals on the board here and I haven't really found that ONE that sparked an idea that sounded like it fit my girlfriend and I. I know that she wants pictures taken of the moment, and it should be romantic. It should be semi-public to public, I'd like us to have our moment, but I'd also like people to see us so she can feel special. It has to be Disneyland or California Adventure because we live in So Cal.

ANY IDEAS??

Heck, even non-Disneyland ideas would be welcome at this point!! :D

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

bassett1976
06-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I had a college friend who when she was proposed to went on a day trip with her b/f. He asked someone passing buy to take a picture of the two of them and then he got down on a knee. You could always ask a CM to do it for you if you want to try that way.

I, personally, had my best friend following us around the park. We went over to TSI and he was hiding when I proposed. He got some pictures.

Another thought, they have the people who will help you plan special things with weddings/proposals. You could always ask for a park photographer to be looking out for you at the spot and get a lot of pictures that way. Someone should be able to give you a phone number/web site that you can get information from you.

When all else fails, you could possibly get someone from the boards to help you out.

TTFN92
06-17-2006, 10:45 PM
My friend was telling me about her cousin's proposal to his fiance at Disneyland. I wish I could remember all the details, but I do remember that she was getting her picture taken with Cinderella and Cinderella said something to her about something special happening. If my memory serves me correctly, one of her footmen had the ring on a pillow and my friends' cousin got down on his knee and proposed. I'm pretty sure they have pics of it. I can find out the details if you'd like. I just remember thinking it sounded soooo cool and romantic. What a memory!

Micki0624
06-18-2006, 08:40 AM
There is always a photographer in Mickey's house in Toontown, if you did it there I'm sure the photographer would take additional pictures for you. You could always tip him off right before your turn with him.

kimc0486
06-19-2006, 09:39 PM
One of the coolest things I saw on here was a guy had a sign on Splash Mountain that said Will you Marry me? and then he got it printed and showed her the picture and as she was opening it he got down on one knee. You could, as other have mentioned, call guest services and see if they can help you (even if there is a price). What is her favorite ride? Mine is Splash Mountain so something like that would be perfect for me, but if she has a favorite area, ride, restaurant, character etc... get it involved! You could be creative and do something like, if she like churros, get her a churro and stick the ring on the end of it. Maybe during Fantasmic or the fireworks if you have reserved seating?!? GOODLUCK!! She's a lucky lady for being proposed to at DL!

dvlshangl
06-19-2006, 10:57 PM
One of the coolest things I saw on here was a guy had a sign on Splash Mountain that said Will you Marry me? and then he got it printed and showed her the picture and as she was opening it he got down on one knee.

i have one thats similar to the one above: i have a friend that got 3 of his friends to hold signs in front of the castle that said "will you go out with me" (we were in high school), with the words split up somehow. Just make sure YOU are holding the ME part of it. he had one of the photographers take a picture of them and then he gave his now gf the picture somehow another day. but what u could do u could take her to that same spot u had the picture taken and give her the picture and ring and ill let u go from there. (may take at least 2 days to achieve this however):D

DaddyB
06-19-2006, 11:17 PM
With my suggestion (above) you can bring your own camera and ask the castmember there with the princess to take your picture, right as he's getting ready to do it, drop down on one knee and go for it. There will be other picture takers in the crowd as well.

When I was waiting for the fireworks this past Saturday evening, there were THREE proposals right in front of the castle at the rope. HUGE crowd response, and the CM's even let the couples under the rope to get a very special picture of them, with their ring, in front of the castle with NO ONE in the picture with them.

Choop
06-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys these are some really good ideas. I definately want to keep it ROMANTIC. Something just between the two of us (as much as possible at Disneyland) but knowing her she'll also want some attention. We have Deluxe passes so tickets aren't a problem. You also made me think of something. My cousin is an amature photographer, and also has a Deluxe pass. Maybe I could tell him to meet us somewhere, but blend into the crowd and get pictures that way!!

Please keep the ideas coming, especially the really romantic ones. :) I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your input!!

Chadsgal
06-20-2006, 09:50 AM
My brother did the whole Splash thing here is a link to the pic. It was very fun!!!

http://chadsgal.smugmug.com/gallery/607964/5/26820499

HTanner
06-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys these are some really good ideas. I definately want to keep it ROMANTIC. Something just between the two of us (as much as possible at Disneyland) but knowing her she'll also want some attention. We have Deluxe passes so tickets aren't a problem. You also made me think of something. My cousin is an amature photographer, and also has a Deluxe pass. Maybe I could tell him to meet us somewhere, but blend into the crowd and get pictures that way!!

Please keep the ideas coming, especially the really romantic ones. :) I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your input!!

My friend who just got engaged had his best friend do the pictures. He hid in the crowd - they had arranged it before, so he knew exactly where they would be standing and when. It helped his friend set up the shot.

So, since you live out there, maybe you and your cousin can do a "scouting" mission and go together and figure out where you will do it. Talk to the cast members while you are out there - maybe they can get in on the planning.

Oh, but don't tell your gf you are going to DL without her - - if it were me, that would be a total tip-off. Just make up some excuse of something that you and your cousin have to do that she totally would not want to do. ;) LOL!!!

bassett1976
06-20-2006, 10:38 AM
My friend who just got engaged had his best friend do the pictures. He hid in the crowd - they had arranged it before, so he knew exactly where they would be standing and when. It helped his friend set up the shot.

So, since you live out there, maybe you and your cousin can do a "scouting" mission and go together and figure out where you will do it. Talk to the cast members while you are out there - maybe they can get in on the planning.

Do make a scouting trip. I did it and told my wife I was "golfing" for the day. :) I spent the day on a scavenger hunt with my wife, she had clues to open and solve. She got rewarded during the day with various things.

If you use a friend to help you make sure they dress a little differently than normal. You could get them an orange hat so that they stand out in the crowd or something so that you can see him/her coming. My best friend at one point (on the day I proposed) walked up behind my wife while we were having a mint julip and started making faces at me. He was in on the whole thing but it was hard to keep a straight face and she didn't know he was there. I almost took a picture but I thought it might tip my wife off to my plans.

One of the things I did was to have a portable DVD player (and ring) that my best friend handed off to me in a Restroom. Then I pulled it out for my wife. It was pictures from our dating and then it had some wonderful songs attached to it. Needless to say, she cried. and cried. and cried.

My friend was there to take pictures (his batteries died 10 minutes before) with a disposable. Make sure to plan to have extra batteries if you do that.

The most important thing is to make it unique to the two of you. Don't do what others have done, adapt what others have done to fit your needs.

Choop
06-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Hmmmm.... the "scouting trip" idea is a good one, I like that.

Romantic locations in the park, any ideas to start me out??

For the ladies on here what would be your ultimate Disneyland proposal if you could plan it yourself??

Jeeze, you really can't beat input like I'm getting from you guys!!

bassett1976
06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
any ideas to start me out??

The wishing well is a great place. I think TSI is great because its quiet and fewer people go over there but it does have kids running around. I would also recommend going over to one of the hotels. The lobby of the GC is wonderful and they have a garden area. The DLH has the waterfalls.

Don't limit yourself to what you think is romantic. Go to places that are your and your g/f's favorite places. My wife and I love the HM, it's the first place we held hands. *getting embarassed for acting like I'm 13*

PirateSmile
06-20-2006, 05:01 PM
There is always a photographer at Ariel's spot.

mi_mous
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Find a princess outside the castle (ask the character finder for your girl's favorite princess and when and where you might find her)... when you finally get up to be with her, drop down on one knee and ask your intended to be your princess for the rest of your life.

I guarantee you a standing ovation and LOTS of pictures!

Only problem is that you can really only find the princesses out in daylight, so your proposal would be more of a morning/early afternoon thing.

This one brought tears to my eyes, just to let you know! ;)

DianeM
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't have an ultimate proposal. My proposal was on the phone, although I made him follow up with a written proposal on the newsgroup on which we met. The phone proposal was not very romantic, but the written one was astonishingly so. It doesn't matter, really, in the long run. Every proposal by the right man is an "ultimate" proposal. ;-)

But I thought of a way to get a cool picture. Disney, apparently, has photographers at the entrance who enhance pictures by having peoplehold out their hands and putting tinkerbell on their outstretched hands. You could prearrange with one of these photograhpers to have a very nice background spot picked out, then "spontaneously" have your girlfriend and your picture taken. Then you drop to your knees and hold out the ring and propose. You are unlikely to see the ring in the picture, but they could put tinkerbell into your hand. It would be a memorable picture, and would get around the "but I wasn't ready to have my picture taken" phenomeneon that so often plagues suprise photos of women who have just been asked to be married. At least she would have freshly combed hair, if she knew she was going to have her picture taken.

Hmmmm.... the "scouting trip" idea is a good one, I like that.

Romantic locations in the park, any ideas to start me out??

For the ladies on here what would be your ultimate Disneyland proposal if you could plan it yourself??

Jeeze, you really can't beat input like I'm getting from you guys!!

mi_mous
06-20-2006, 06:07 PM
My brother did the whole Splash thing here is a link to the pic. It was very fun!!!

http://chadsgal.smugmug.com/gallery/607964/5/26820499

This is GREAT! How creative!!

Sailor Butterfly
06-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't know if my ideal romance spots would work as I told my bf I would smack him upside the head if he proposed to me in a very public spot- but that's shy little me. lol One that might work is being proposed to on the Mark Twain as the sun is setting. It's not incredibly crowded, but there still are others around. :)

For me, the ultimate spot would be either the back entrance to the Disney Gallery or that other little courtyard- I think it's called the Court of Angels- it's right where the sketch artist is. Well, alright that's my ultimate realistic spot. I would loooooooooove to be proposed to on the Lily Belle. :D

Tinkermommy
06-20-2006, 09:29 PM

That is awesome! I LOVE the photo showing her reaction, especially seeing that she was in the front and didn't know! Just adorable!!

Tinkermommy
06-20-2006, 09:31 PM

Hmmm...I think it would be the one that came from Johnny Depp. Ya think THAT will get me into the premiere on Saturday? :p