PDA

View Full Version : Ramade Maingate or Park Vue

nursemelis374
06-16-2006, 09:09 AM
I have read the reviews on the Mp review page, as well as those on Expedia and tripadvisor, but I trust everyone here the most. Which is better? I am taking my 10 year old niece and we basically just want a place to swim and sleep. Help!

We are going Wed July 5th through the 7th. The cost is 202 for Ramada and 242 for Park Vue.

PirateSmile
06-16-2006, 10:02 AM
I've never been to Park Vue, but we stayed in the Ramada Maingate last trip. We liked it, I'd say it would be a good place to swim and sleep. They have a good pool area, and it's nice and close to outside restaraunts. Friendly staff, clean rooms. :)

bradk
06-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Park Vue is literally right across the street from the pedestrian gate.

DizzParkMom
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I have read the reviews on the Mp review page, as well as those on Expedia and tripadvisor, but I trust everyone here the most. Which is better? I am taking my 10 year old niece and we basically just want a place to swim and sleep. Help!

We are going Wed July 5th through the 7th. The cost is 202 for Ramada and 242 for Park Vue.
We stayed at the Park Vue in March. It was great. The rooms are being refurbished - ours had just been done and had a little smell from the paint stain on the furniture. Other than that, everything was perfect. Our room had a Queen bed and a set of bunk beds. Not sure how many of those set-ups they have. Also had a microwave and a good sized refrigerator. The free breakfast was better than some. Fresh fruit each morning was a plus. On Saturday morning, there was a whole spread of danish, donuts, fruit, bagels, etc. Way more than anywhere else I've seen. As mentioned before it is right on the crosswalk - Ramada is a few doors down, but not far. We've stayed at BWPPI, Tropicana, Carousel, Fairfield Marriot and Candy Cane before. We'd go back to the Park Vue in a heart beat for the right price due to the proximity and the pleasant previous stay. Hope that helps.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Homewood Suites :) It's my favorite good neighbor hotel.

CariBelle
06-16-2006, 08:55 PM
We stayed at the Ramada Maingate once and won't go back. The room smelled, the bedding smelled, and the bathroom was grimy.

nursemelis374
06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
I have actually decided to probably go a whole other way and stay at the HoJo! Thanks for all the advice guys!

disneynut
06-16-2006, 09:04 PM
We've stayed at Park Vue and would stay there again. You can't beat how close it is to the park. As someone else mentioned, the rooms are being redone and are turning out nice. We went in the winter so we didn't have a chance to use the pool. The staff at Park Vue were very helpful and courteous.

pisces
06-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Park Vue is literally right across the street from the pedestrian gate.

Is the Park Vue closer than Park Place?

Shadowcat
06-18-2006, 09:29 AM
The Best Western Park Place Inn is actually closer to the crosswalk, and in my opinion a better hotel than the Park Vue Inn (We stayed at both). That doesn't mean the Park Vue Inn is a bad hotel, I just preferred the BW Park Place Inn.

SeansMom
06-18-2006, 09:41 AM
The Hilton Anaheim has rates of $99.00 per night on those dates. Just (yet another) thought.