PDA

View Full Version : What do you think should go in Big Thunder Ranch

Disneyfreak
04-26-2002, 03:26 PM
I think they should have something with a mix of Pirates of the Caribbean theme, but not pirates. Maybe a river rafting attraction where your in a rapids raft and would go up and down in the water and you go down a river. It could have Indiana Jones Adventure technology.

What do you think, give me feedback.:)

Rallymonkey23
04-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Check out this (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5584) thread. Its not the exact same spot you are talking about. But with the ride you are talking about, it would take up the space.

SoCalDisneyLover
04-27-2002, 03:18 AM
No offense...but isn't this basically the Grizzly Rapids Ride at CA Adventure? After spending all that money to build that mountain over there, why would they put another similar ride only a few hundred yards away, even though it is a different park. They still want people to come to CA Adventure, and GRR is certainly a draw they don't want to duplicate at DL. Seems to me the "Water Ride" at Disneyland is Splash Mountain. I'd much prefer an indoor E-Ticket Coaster ride of some type, themed to fit the "Old West" Theme of the area.

coronamouseman
04-27-2002, 06:52 AM
Build a hanging coaster (like MM's Batman) based upon Zorro which is themed as a chase through a Spanish village - it would be similar to the Big Bad Wolf coaster at one of the Busch parks in Virginia where the big thrill is the close proximity of the buildings as the coaster rushes by ..........

zapppop
04-27-2002, 07:35 AM
How about some type of wild stage coach ride ?

gn2dlnd
04-28-2002, 01:29 AM
How 'bout burros? ;)

Uncle Dick
04-28-2002, 10:37 PM
I've always been fond of the idea involving the expansion of the Rivers of America (and possibly Tom Sawyer's Island) into the space currently occupied by FoF and Big Thunder Ranch. If they could find some way to do it without disturbing the Indian storyteller dude and taking away the "woodsy" feel of the area, I think it'd be awesome.