PDA

View Full Version : What rides are closed during Fireworks?

ktrm
06-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Sorry if this has been written about before but I could not find it in the search. Exactly what rides are closed during the fireworks? Are any rides closed during Parade of Dreams?

Darkbeer
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Parade of Dreams, basically the Storybook Land Canal Boats (queue closes about 1 hour prior to the parade) and the Triton Garden's area (the Ariel photo OP) are the only things that closes.

As for the Fireworks, it depends on the wind and the crowds.

The basic closure is Toontown (usually closes at 8:30, about 1 hour prior to the show) and the walk-thru the Castle and the shops in the castle, along with Peter Pan and the Villain's Lair photo OP, along with the Snow White Wishing Well, plus the trains stop running, to keep the area near Toontown clear due to the launching of the fireworks.

In days of stronger winds and/or large crowds, more of Fantasyland can close, along with the parade route between Alice and the castle, plus the area between Club Buzz and the Parade Route, as some Main Street locations at the north end. The decision is made based on the winds and what areas can be cleared.....

The Monorail used to stop running, but the segment they are using for the shuttle mode does not get near the launch area, so it can run it during the show.

ktrm
06-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks. I had no idea that the closures for the fireworks were based on crowds and weather. When I was there in March, it seemed as if all the dark rides in the castle area were closed as well as the carosol. Dumbo was open. I don't remember is Storybook Land Canals were closed (by the way, why do they close for Parade of Dream?) or Casey Junior was closed. I think maybe Its a Small World closed too. Can that be right? I will be going in July so the crowd level will be very high.

Darkbeer
06-15-2006, 05:43 AM
it's a small world has closed due to fireworks a few times, but not often.

Storybook Land closes for all parades about 1 hour prior due to traffic control purposes. (Poor location, and they use the CM's to help control the crowds in the area.) The permament attraction sign even has the fact as part of the wording.