PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Watch Purchase-With-Purchase promotion at Disneyland

AVP
06-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet, but the Disneyland Resort started another Purchase with Purchase promotion on Monday. This time the promotional item is a theme-park exclusive Pirates of the Caribbean watch - you can buy it for $10 with a $70 purchase at participating stores.

I noticed that the skull logo is from Pirates I (crossed swords), not Pirates II (crossed torches).

Here is a link (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/AdrienneVincentPhoenix/PirateWatchPromo_061406_AVP.jpg) to the signage posted at the cash registers.

Here is a link (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlrpwpwatchpirates.html) to the DisneyGallery.com Web page that explains the promotion.

Here is what that Web page says:

Ye best listen up me 'earties…as there be a timeless treasure available!

Beginning Monday, June 12, for a limited time, you can purchase this theme park exclusive Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Watch for Only $10 (plus tax) with the Purchase of $70 or More in Merchandise* Be sure to get yours and celebrate one of Disneyland® Resort's most beloved attractions, Pirates of the Caribbean!
This offer is valid at the following participating merchandise locations:

Downtown Disney® District and Resort Hotels
World of Disney® Disneyland® park

Emporium, Main Street, U.S.A.
Disney Clothiers, Main Street, U.S.A.
Adventureland Bazaar, Adventureland
Treasures, New Orleans Square
Pioneer Mercantile, Frontierland
Gag Factory, Mickey's Toontown
Star Trader, Tomorrowland
Disney's California Adventure® Park

Greetings from California, Entry Plaza
*$70 purchase is before tax, after any discount(s) and must be in a single transaction. Limit FOUR (4) watches per Guest. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or previous purchase. Does not apply to phone, mail, or e-mail orders. Offer valid for a limited time only. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Other restriction may apply. Separate theme park admission may be required.

olegc
06-15-2006, 10:17 AM
hmm - maybe they need to be a little more accurate then and don't say "Dead Man's Chest" with the watch... or is this beginnig of "anything Pirate is tied to DMC :D "

kohl
06-15-2006, 10:26 AM
We won't be there until August 13th and I doubt they will still be available for the promotion:crying:

Vegitabeta
06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
So basically, you've gotta spend $80 in total to get the watch:eek:

honeymoon @disney
06-15-2006, 03:30 PM
*$70 purchase is before tax, after any discount(s) and must be in a single transaction.

That means the $70 must be spent all at once? No spending it in multiple stores? Grrrrrr....

I wonder how many people will catch that...

cstephens
06-15-2006, 07:11 PM
So basically, you've gotta spend $80 in total to get the watch:eek:

Well, it would be silly to spend $70 on merchandise you don't want just to be able to buy the watch for $10. But if you're going to be spending that much anyway, being able to get the watch for $10 is a pretty good deal. When I saw the offer on the website, it interested me enough that I'll consider it on our next trip. We have a couple things we've been wanting, so the $70 wouldn't be extra we wouldn't otherwise be spending.

*$70 purchase is before tax, after any discount(s) and must be in a single transaction.

That means the $70 must be spent all at once? No spending it in multiple stores? Grrrrrr....

I wonder how many people will catch that...

Well, anyone who bothers to read the promotion rules should catch that, and it's pretty standard for these kinds of promotions. Things like the free lithos and tote bag offer had that same kind of rule. The purpose of the promotion is to encourage a certain amount of spending.