PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about Park Inn Anaheim Changes?

princessnoknot
06-14-2006, 01:58 PM
My favorite hotel to stay at when we visit Disneyland (we were just there in December) seems to have gone rogue on me! I was searching the Park Inn website to see if they had any good deals today and was told there was no Park Inn in Anaheim. After a few minutes of frantic searching I realized that the name has been changed to Anaheim Camelot Inn and Suites (or something to that effect) and that they are doing construction on all the rooms this year.

Does anyone have any information on this? Has anyone stayed there since they changed over and/or left the Park Inn hotel chain? I'm hoping this is a minor thing and that it's still the same place with some updated rooms. I'd hate to have to find a new favorite place!

Jennifer
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
According to Disney (I book AAA vacations with them) the hotel hasn't changed, they just got a new name.

My theory for the name change: The name "Park Inn" is very similar to the Best Western's "Park Place Inn" and guests were booking one hotel and thinking of the other.

They may be doing a bit of "soft remodeling" (bedding and such), but there hasn't been an announcement of any major changes.

princessnoknot
06-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh, Phew! That's good to know. It does seem to make sense, since I know a lot of people were confused about the names. I always recommend it to people going down there in need of a close suite (and I must say they have huge rooms!) that isn't too expensive. I'm glad to know it will still be the same when we go back.

cfitz/pirates
06-14-2006, 08:56 PM
they sent me a brochure they just changed the name here is their new web site parkinfo@bei-hotels.com or www.bei-hotels.com:)

darph nader
06-15-2006, 12:17 AM
According to Disney (I book AAA vacations with them) the hotel hasn't changed, they just got a new name.

My theory for the name change: The name "Park Inn" is very similar to the Best Western's "Park Place Inn" and guests were booking one hotel and thinking of the other.

They may be doing a bit of "soft remodeling" (bedding and such), but there hasn't been an announcement of any major changes.

I read somewhere(their website or letter with broucure).They are go through a floor by floor renovation.Supposed to take 6mos. From Feb to Nov.
Now i'm only a hi skuul gragiate,but that sounds like 9-10mos to me.:confused:

I'm with you though. We stayed there last year and loved it.

littlebugg
06-15-2006, 10:05 AM
We stayed there a few weeks after the name change...I had made resv. before the switch so we were nervous but it seemed like the name was the only significant change made.
Our room on the 5th floor looked recently remodeled. We were there May 6-9th, and it seemed like they were ahead of schedule, as I had been informed the 3rd floor would be under renov. during our stay, (I was worried about noise) yet the 3rd floor was finished and occupied, and we didn't see or hear any construction at all. Many of the motels on Harbor Blvd. were under renovation, I think its due time for most of them too.

Have a Great Trip!!

nvmom
06-16-2006, 08:29 PM
We stayed there in March (right before the name change apparently) and were happy there. We didn't notice nor hear the construction... which really isn't construction at all, it's moving furniture, unloading furniture, etc. We understood that all rooms were getting new carpet, furniture & matresses. I agree, they are nice big rooms for the price.

nvmom