PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Crowds in September?

crich06
05-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Hello all

I'm planning a visit to DL in late September--either Sept. 21-25 or Sept. 28-Oct 2. Does anyone have experience with crowd size on either of these weekends?

Also, I have heard that the Haunted Mansion is decorated special for October. If this is true, does it mean the HM is closed in late September? I haven't been to DL in 20 years, but HM was my favorite attraction and missing it would be close to devastating.

Werner
05-24-2006, 11:17 AM
crich06 -- I don't know what the crowds are like then, but I believe the Haunted Mansion will be closed!

DianeM
05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
The crowds should be light, but HM will be closed until September 28. After the 28th, the HM will be in it's Holiday mode, which is nice. Here is a link to ride closure information:

http://www.riderefurbs.com/

Hello all

I'm planning a visit to DL in late September--either Sept. 21-25 or Sept. 28-Oct 2. Does anyone have experience with crowd size on either of these weekends?

Also, I have heard that the Haunted Mansion is decorated special for October. If this is true, does it mean the HM is closed in late September? I haven't been to DL in 20 years, but HM was my favorite attraction and missing it would be close to devastating.

Carina
05-24-2006, 01:11 PM
http://www.riderefurbs.com/

Says that it was updated on the 13th of may - but Mullholland madness was open from the 15th to the 19th of may - I was there It also did not list the 3D Bug show as closed, yet it was

I would be more likely to trust the Disney calander to see what is currently running!

Darkbeer
05-24-2006, 01:17 PM
There is a good chance that most of September will be real busy, between Labor Day, the Half-Marathon in Mid-Sept, and the big one, the end of the 50th Celebration. I presume Disney will do a large marketing blitz remianing folks that its your last chance to check out the party, which is scheduled to end at the end of September, and if the Remember Fireworks end at the end of the month, as rumored, a LOT of AP holders will be coming to watch them once last time.

GoboFraggle
05-24-2006, 01:48 PM
There is a good chance that most of September will be real busy, between Labor Day, the Half-Marathon in Mid-Sept, and the big one, the end of the 50th Celebration. I presume Disney will do a large marketing blitz remianing folks that its your last chance to check out the party, which is scheduled to end at the end of September, and if the Remember Fireworks end at the end of the month, as rumored, a LOT of AP holders will be coming to watch them once last time.

After Labor Day, the parks make their change to shorter hours, like 10am-8pm weekdays, etc. Is that still correct?

If it does turn out that people continue to fill the park during September, will those hours be extended? Or do they make that determination on a day-to-day basis?

Darkbeer
05-24-2006, 02:02 PM
After Labor Day, the parks make their change to shorter hours, like 10am-8pm weekdays, etc. Is that still correct?

If it does turn out that people continue to fill the park during September, will those hours be extended? Or do they make that determination on a day-to-day basis?

Yes, Disney has extended hours in the past, usually about a month in advance if they expect larger than normal crowds.

Also, if the day is much busier than normal, Disney has plans to extend the operation day by an hour, sometimes two on most days (some days special events prevent any extension), that decision is usually made in the early afternoon.

crich06
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the advice (and the link). This is a great community!

Crich06

Incidentally, enjoyable photos Darkbeer! Thank you.

jazzysmom
06-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Does anyone have an idea how the crowds will be on a Fri-Sun in September (not Labor day weekend)?

I realize this is the last month of the 50th & that will probably cause increased crowds, but am wondering what an average wait time will be like then. Thanks!

bradk
06-14-2006, 09:06 AM
weekends will (almost) always be substantially busier at DLR because the vast majority of the guests are locals and it's the day when most parents don't work, so it's an opportune time (excluding Friday of course).

going in May, I noticed a more than substantial difference in crowds between weekdays and Saturday. however, it wasn't terrible either. it's manageable, but not nearly as dreamy as during the week when you can literally walk on to Space Mountain.

jazzysmom
06-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, we are spoiled, we usually come mid-week in off season & walk on most rides. I am just DYING to see the 50th fireworks one more time!!!!