PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland & DCA Restaurant Best Values

Pages : [1] 2

jacques
06-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Father & Teen daughter will be traveling to DLR next weekend. Do you have any recommendations for the best on property food values(snack, counter, sit down)? Thanks

Frogberto
06-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I guess that depends on how you define "on property", but as far as value, I'd ask you to consider the following:

1. White water snacks, in the Grand Californian;
2. ESPN Zone, in Downtown Disney;

Hope this helps!

twist1980
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
I love Bengal BBQ in Adventureland. The Safari and chicken and beef skewers for around $3.50 each and for me they make a good lunch!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
06-13-2006, 04:24 PM
The best unhealthy value has to be the corn dogs on Main Street, delicious and enormous.

06-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Father & Teen daughter will be traveling to DLR next weekend. Do you have any recommendations for the best on property food values(snack, counter, sit down)? Thanks

Jacques, when I took my two teen daughters to the DLR, we split entrées. The portions are very adequate and you can always fill in any holes with dessert - after all, you are on vacation!

Our favorites that we split: French Market French Dip in New Orleans Square (comes with French fries and easily feeds two people), Redd Rockett's Pizza Port chicken fusilli in Tomorrowland (order a green salad in addition and you have food for two), the breakfast burrito and the nachos at Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel.

Have a great trip!

disneyperson
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
We often share chicken strips and fried mozzarella from the Stagedoor cafe. Big portions,easily shared, good price.

jswtsang
06-14-2006, 06:15 AM
I have to say I thought the bengal bbq was terrible, I got stale bread and some really tough meat covered in lots of bbq sauce. You might want to buy one and see if you like it before comitting to a large amount of food there. Of course tastes vary by people but this was the worst eating establishment in the park, although one of the most economical (in my opinion). If you're looking for inexpensive but filling I'd go to the turkey leg cart (Main street, fantasyland or fronteirland), provided you like turkey legs and aren't grossed out by the tendons or whatever those things are that stick out of meat. If you're looking for a cheap option in DCA I liked the dips and strips place near the merry go round. I also enjoyed my meal at the ariel's grotto, but that's more of a once in a while type of treat, you need priority seating reservations and It's going to be about 25-30 dollars a person with tax and tip but you could easily spend that much elsewhere and you will get a paper crown, button and get to pose with princesses. I have to say I didn't like their special (I actually shared my meal with my boyfriend and he shared his) because the rice was overcooked/hard, but the flavor was good, mine was the cobb salad and it was really excellent. My eating companions said they had eaten at pizza port the day before and spent 17 dollars per person and didn't enjoy it nearly as much so they thought it was a great value. You get appetizer, drink, meal and dessert for this price. I'd save that for a surprise?

jt

jacques
06-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions. We will try as many as we can. It's good to know that the portions are large. I wil report back on our return.

going2disneyAZ
06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian. The children's chicken strip meal is plent for me and I am 6' 5", 265#

Darkbeer
06-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I think the best deal on property is the Wetzel Pretzel's Wetzel Dog combo that includes a drink for about $6.

Next in line are the kids meals at Whitewater Snacks, since you can refill the small drink that comes with the meal.

If you want to be cheaper, then it is a walk across the street (Harbor) to McDonald's.

hlbtimes2
06-14-2006, 12:23 PM
I love the child ravioli meal at Pizza port. I order it with the white sauce. Comes with a drink and bread. I usually share some of dh's salad to finish off the meal.

The corn dogs on main street are great!

Chower or chili in a bread bowl is about $9. Filling, quick and taste good!

The BBQ combo at Riverbell is HUGE- very easy to share. Its about $14 for the combo.

disneyochem
06-14-2006, 06:55 PM
White Water Snacks--any kid's meal is great. Also buy the refillable mug and get free refills throughout your trip. The mug is good for ice tea, soda, etc. They have even let me fill up with Icees for the kids!

Red Rocket Port--we split the pasta all the time and get a salad to supplement the meal.

Carnation Cafe--good sit down place in the park and cost of food is reasonable (about $7-10).

And, used to suggest eating at BB at that last lunch seating (around 4 p.m.) in order to have an early dinner at lunch prices! :)

kimmybear
06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
White Water Snacks--any kid's meal is great. Also buy the refillable mug and get free refills throughout your trip. The mug is good for ice tea, soda, etc. They have even let me fill up with Icees for the kids!

is White Water Snacks the only place to refill the mug? or are there other locations that honor it? :D

disneyochem
06-15-2006, 04:57 AM
As far as I know, WWS is the only place to use the refillable mug. It has a GCH logo on it. And, I have used the mugs on all my trips--don't buy another mug, just use your old one. I keep the mug (with the lid) in my DL box at home so I don't lose it.

The nice thing about these boards that if there is another place to fill up the mugs, then we all learn and benefit!

stan4d_steph
06-15-2006, 06:29 AM
is White Water Snacks the only place to refill the mug? or are there other locations that honor it?Yes, the only place you can refill the mug is at Whitewater Snacks.

ralfrick
06-15-2006, 07:37 AM
I've long thought the best value was chowder in a bread bowl. I liked the skewers at Bengal BBQ, but they're so much smaller than ones that are often available at summer music festivals here by the Bay that I was about to say that they are the worst value. However, I've just realized that the ones at the festivals, while twice as big, cost $6-7 as opposed to $3.49, so it turns out I'm wrong on that one.

Cheers.

Wendi
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Inside Disneyland - Rancho del Zocalo has huge meals that can easily be shared. I don't like the new menu as much as the previous two or three though... but the plates are HUGE!

In DCA - Taste Pilot's Grill has good food and you can practically make a side salad out of the toppings bar!

Outside (On Property) - Whitewater Snacks gets my vote. I also love Storyteller's Cafe - the "personal" pizza is big enough for three people.

Outside (Off Property) - Mimi's Cafe. Huge portions, good food.

CariBelle
06-15-2006, 11:10 AM
In Disneyland-
Royal Street Veranda: Clam Chowder or Gumbo in a bread bowl ($8.49) can feed two IMO when you throw in an order of Fritters with fruit sauce ($3.69). We usually get this and eat while waiting for Fantasmic!

Pizza Port: Split any of the pasta offerings ($7.99-8.49) plus an order of bread sticks to share ($4.19). The kids meals are also a great idea ($5.99) and are big enough portions for an adult.

Roman Nation
07-15-2006, 03:52 PM
I will be spending the mornig to the closing time at disneyland, I man needs to eat! Can you help?

Thanks!

adriennek
07-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Here are some suggestions. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57576)

Adrienne

Wendi
07-15-2006, 08:35 PM
If you are just going to be inside Disneyland Park you can get a HUGE meal at Rancho del Zocalo (but I don't like their new menu much, and most people here agree) Bengal Barbecue is great for a snack, but not a big meal. French Market is good - lots of food, nice atmosphere. Most people like to snack on Churros and Dole Whips, many also recommend the big Turkey Legs... which are much more than just a snack!

If you are willing to leave Disneyland, I'd recommend Whitewater Snacks in Disney's Grand Californian, good food, good prices. The little to-go shop Napolini (connected to Naples) is good if you want a slice of pizza or some macaroni & cheese, etc. Tortilla Jo's has a great takeout window too, I haven't tried it, but I've seen the menu and prices and read lots of great reviews.

Goosegirl
07-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Corn dogs on Main Street. Pineapple whip at the Tiki Room.
Chowder in a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf in DCA. And we also love the Hungry Bear though it is getting a bit pricier.

Malcon10t
07-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I will be spending the mornig to the closing time at disneyland, I man needs to eat! Can you help?

Thanks!
Pizza Port has huge portions for a decent price. Salads and pasta, in addition to pizza.

CariBelle
07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Pasta and breadsticks from Pizza Port, Dole Whip from the Tiki Room, skewers and breadsticks from Bengal BBQ, Veggie Gumbo in a bread bowl in NOS, I could go on and on lol

BTMichael
07-15-2006, 11:11 PM
As far as I know, WWS is the only place to use the refillable mug. It has a GCH logo on it. And, I have used the mugs on all my trips--don't buy another mug, just use your old one. I keep the mug (with the lid) in my DL box at home so I don't lose it.
Is this really allowed by WWS? We've been to the GCH two of the last three years and have purchased the mugs both times. I did notice last year that the mugs were the same as the ones we purchased three years ago.

Still a good deal even if we repurchase them, especially since we stay ~5 days each trip.