PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and fast way to get to DLR from SNA

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-13-2006, 12:47 PM
DH has back to back SNA overnights in late July (he is a commercial pilot). My mom wants the boys for a couple days so I am going to go with him. Part of the time he will be flying and I will be at the hotel with nothing to do. So I thought it would be fun to go to DLR for a few hours. I know I can take Super Shuttle to a hotel, for about $10 each way. Just wondering if there was a cheaper way and if anyone knows if Super Shuttle would drop me off at DLR? I guess I could get them to drop me at GC. I don't mind spending $20 for the shuttle if that is the best route. The airline puts him up at a hotel right by the airport, so I could get a lift there from the hotel shuttle.
TIA

Darkbeer
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
The Disneyland Express Bus goes straight from John Wayne to the Disneyland Hotel non-stop, just need to walk thru Downtown Disney to get to the Main Gate.

Here is a link to the schedule and a discount coupon. ($10.50 each way after the coupon)

www.airportbus.com (http://www.airportbus.com)

A Taxi is about $35 plus tip one way to the DLR from John Wayne

twist1980
06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
I actually wouldn't recommend Airport Bus. The reason is that they are huge and tend to stop at lots of different resorts. We used them years ago and stopped at 5-6 hotels before ours!

Super Shuttle only seats about 8-10 people, so you won't stop at nearly as many places. And you can have them drop you and GCH no problem!

Frogberto
06-13-2006, 02:37 PM
The Disneyland Express is a fairly huge bus that goes right to the front door of Disneyland. I agree that Super Shuttle, or a related Shuttle, would be more expensive (since they charge per person, probably $20 or so each), but would go directly, although often they will also make stops in the area to hotels, etc., so it may not be direct.

Frogberto
06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Also, this goes without saying, but the parks will be PACKED in July. Parks have been near capacity during busy times, and you're going in one of the busiest. If they reach capacity, they may shut the front gates and block entry for a few hours, so make sure to plan your day carefully, to get the most out of the time you have here.

sierranevada
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Airport bus...$10.50 one way and lots of people. Supershuttle...$10.00 one way, fewer people. Personally, I think Supershuttle wins!

kohl
06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
How about the cheapest way from LAX to Disneyland?

Darkbeer
06-13-2006, 05:43 PM
How about the cheapest way from LAX to Disneyland?

Disneyland Express/Airport Bus.....

Leap for Joy
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
With the shuttle vans, there's no reason to be shy. Just walk up to one of the drivers, ask him how much, look to see how many passengers he already has and ask him where their stops are. Find one that's nearly full, with all stops in the DL area, and jump in.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-13-2006, 09:10 PM
I think I will plan to take Super Shuttle and will also plan to leave when DH does, in the morning. That way I can just ride over to the airport on the hotel shuttle with him, then catch Super Shuttle, and then will plan to leave DLR about an hour before he is due to arrive back in to SNA. That should get me at DLR in the morning, not sure how early, but morning, and then will give me a few hours. I just mostly want to ride POTC and get a couple pirate souveniers for the boys.

stan4d_steph
06-14-2006, 11:02 AM
You can check out some reviews of ground transportation, including the airport bus, in the MousePlanet Review database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Ground%20Tran sportation%20Services).

To anyone else, please submit your reviews so we can expand our database. Thank you!

Johnhost
06-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I have personally used an airport shuttle everytime I went to Disneyland, and I always come from SNA. My recommendation is the following after good and bad experiences.

#1 PAY CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually had a shuttle service take my pre-paid online order and then not pick me up again, I missed my flight, had to go to LAX. The company's phone were even shut off. The shuttle drivers tell you, never pre-pay, always pay cash for shuttles.

#2 Use supershuttle. Most shuttle services are like cabs who are run by shady individuals who are usually wanted for tax evasion. Supershuttle has shuttles all over the US, they have the best customer service for a shuttle service and they won't leave you stranded (much).

Any shuttle service will take you to any address, including the drop off at Disneyland's gate.

Johnhost
06-18-2006, 06:58 PM
I think I will plan to take Super Shuttle and will also plan to leave when DH does, in the morning. That way I can just ride over to the airport on the hotel shuttle with him, then catch Super Shuttle, and then will plan to leave DLR about an hour before he is due to arrive back in to SNA. That should get me at DLR in the morning, not sure how early, but morning, and then will give me a few hours. I just mostly want to ride POTC and get a couple pirate souveniers for the boys.

From Seatac you can get to Disneyland around 10am if you take the earliest flight. I usually fly Alaska since I get cheep standby tickets from my friend. It is totally possible to do cheep day trip to Disneyland from Seattle. I planned mine for around $250 (including food). Not bad.