PDA

View Full Version : Guests IN Fantasmic?

oohykitten
06-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Perhaps I am jumping the shark and need to have this is a Disney Dream thread, but all this talk has me questioning something that happened one night. My boyfriend and I wanted to see Fantasmic from behind the scenes sort of...we were sitting near the fry cart to see the boats and stuff getting rigged up. We heard this girl say "I am so excited to be here right now!" on the Columbia. Was this a guest, new cast member...anyone know if that is something that might be a Disney Dream type experience offer?

Opus1guy
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Could have been anything really. Could have been some other Cast Member just being allowed to watch the set-up. I've not heard of them allowing just anyone to get into costume and "ride-along"...but anything is possible.

Even your Disney Dream thing could be possible. Yesterday when I went to ride the Lilly Belle (with a Club 33 member before dinner)...a Cast Member told us they gave away a couple of rides on the Lilly Belle that day to random people out in the Park...just to test reactions and get some logistic experience for the upcoming Disney Dreams thing.

So anything is possible.

Was this person in civilian clothes with no Disney name tag? Did you see them actually push off and get to ride aboard the Columbia during the show?

stan4d_steph
06-13-2006, 10:24 AM
It could have been a Make A Wish child.

Disney Vault
06-13-2006, 11:35 AM
It could have been a Make A Wish child.
That's what I was thinking and I have to say I think that is an amazing wish.

oohykitten
06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Full attire, it was when the boat had no lights on what so ever and you could hear them getting into placement. I know it was a girl, but aside from that I could only hear a voice. But I do know that when Ariel was carried off the boat by Eric she was complaining that is was very cold, in bold terms.

HorizonsA
06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe it's a new Cast Member who just got cast to work stage tech. I think it would be amazing to work stage tech for Fantasmic! since so many things go into one show; I'd be excited too. I've seen the stage tech Cast Members work the Pinocchio puppets (You have to be really off to the side to see this), but's it's really cool. Letting guests participate in a Disney parade like Parade of the Stars in Parade of Dreams is one thing since all they do is dance in the street (guided by a dancing instructor, mind you), but letting guests in on a technically complicated show like Fantasmic! is another. What could they do? You can't let them be any of the characters on the Mark Twain, that's what they pay their entertainment Cast Members for. You can't have them work on the Columbia, all of the Cast on there are trained stage tech people. The most that ANY guest could do would be Fantasmic! crowd control.