PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Turkey Leg Cart?

FunMom
06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Is it in Frontierland or Adventureland? Does anyone know specifically where it is located? Are there certain hours of service? Thanks.

Darkbeer
06-12-2006, 05:38 PM
There are three that I know off.

At the hub on Main Street, west side near the Frontierland Entrance (in the inner circle sidewalk).

Then in Frontierland itself, near the entrances to the Golden Horseshow and the Mark Twain/Columbia

And then in Fantasyland, The Food Stand across from the entrance to the Matterhorn, at Fantasia Gardens (the old Motor Boat Cruise dock).

FunMom
06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Thank you, Darkbeer!

zombie pirate
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM
As Homer Simpson would say, "Turkey legs, Dark beer." *sounds of guggerling noises, and drooling.

simbaNnala101
06-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Is this turkey cart you are talking about in Disneyland or Disney World? I thought that you could only get those in Disney World.

~Ash~

Darkbeer
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Is this turkey cart you are talking about in Disneyland or Disney World? I thought that you could only get those in Disney World.

~Ash~

The three sites I mentioned are at Disneyland in Anaheim. I don't think they are currently selling Turkey Legs at DCA, though they did when they first opened.

jswtsang
06-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Darkbeer you just made my day. I only knew of 2 carts and lots of times they're sold out by the time I'm hungry enough to want one! I'm going to keep in mind the one by the golden horseshoe now! I must have walked right by it when I wanted one before fantasmic and couldn't find one on mainstreet!

jt

Darkbeer
06-13-2006, 08:06 AM
^They might pull the cart in the evening near the Golden Horseshoe to allow more room for the traffic control issues. The cart is usually just south of the Big Thunder FP machines, along what would be the back fence (the entrance is the North side).

jswtsang
06-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Darkbeer, thanks for the clarification, it's still nice to know I don't have to head all the way back to fantasyland when I want turkey. Last time I was very excited to find the one on main street! :)

jt

Darkbeer
06-14-2006, 07:03 AM
Here is a photo of the Turkey Leg Cart near Big Thunder.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1560306/10/75381539/Large

iwannabeanimagineer
06-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't think they are currently selling Turkey Legs at DCA, though they did when they first opened.
How about condor legs in keeping with the California theme? ;)

Disney Vault
06-14-2006, 04:19 PM
How good are these turkey legs? Of all my trips to DL I have never had one.

iwannabeanimagineer
06-14-2006, 04:29 PM
How good are these turkey legs? Of all my trips to DL I have never had one.
I've never tried them, but I think my brothers like them.

On a semi-related note, at the cart where they sell the turkey legs in the hub, they also sell chimichangas. I was in line for a Coke behind a couple who asked the selling cast member what a chimichanga was. She got this kind of icky expression and answered, "I think it's a fried burrito, but I don't really know, I've never eaten one." I had to laugh.

Oh, and other members of my extended family have said they taste more like ham than turkey.

Disney Vault
06-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I've never tried them, but I think my brothers like them.

On a semi-related note, at the cart where they sell the turkey legs in the hub, they also sell chimichangas. I was in line for a Coke behind a couple who asked the selling cast member what a chimichanga was. She got this kind of icky expression and answered, "I think it's a fried burrito, but I don't really know, I've never eaten one." I had to laugh.

Oh, and other members of my extended family have said they taste more like ham than turkey.
I have wondered for the longest time what a chimichanga is. Never tried looking it up though.

iwannabeanimagineer
06-14-2006, 04:35 PM
I have wondered for the longest time what a chimichanga is. Never tried looking it up though.
Just for fun, I just looked it up on a popular encyclopedia-like web site and I wasn't happy with the language used on the page, so I'm not posting it. Suffice it to say they call it a deep-fried burrito, followed by its history.

Darkbeer
06-14-2006, 06:14 PM
All three Turkey Leg locations also sell Chimichanga's, guess Disney thinks they go together......

Opus1guy
06-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Are those two White House turkeys hobbling around on little carts yet?

Every Cast Member is expected to contribute to the full Guest experience!

;)

Darkbeer
06-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Are those two White House turkeys hobbling around on little carts yet?

Every Cast Member is expected to contribute to the full Guest experience!

;)

One has passed away, the other was still on exhibit yesterday....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1560306/10/75383129/Large

Opus1guy
06-14-2006, 08:19 PM
One has passed away, the other was still on exhibit yesterday....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1560306/10/75383129/Large

Thanks. Kinda sad news, but we all gotta go someday. Even turkeys.

:)

jswtsang
06-15-2006, 07:08 AM
cool, now that I have a pic I can tell where the cart is! :)
As for how the turkey legs are, if you don't like meat off the bone, or if you're picky about weird tendony things, you won't like turkey legs, it's kind of a messy snack/meal at the park. They are however much juicier than one would imagine, I always think of turkey legs as getting dried out in the oven, but since these are just cooked as legs, they stay much moister. They are also a bit salty which is why I like them :) I once went with a friend and he ordered a turkey leg at the cart and the vendor looked at him like he asked for something weird and said "Why?" with a tone of disgust, like they were awful. So my friend said "Ok....one poisoned turkey leg please" :)

It was funny, we couldn't tell if the CM was joking or if he had no idea why people would come to the turkey leg/chimichanga cart to buy <GASP!> a TURKEY LEG! :)

jt

junglemom
06-15-2006, 07:29 AM
"I think it's a fried burrito, but I don't really know, I've never eaten one." I had to laugh.
I had one. Have you ever had an elementary school burrito, or one of those frozen ones. The kind you can buy at a 7-11 and microwave there. Imagine that deep fried. I was hoping for shredded meat inside, but is more of a bean/ground beef mixture. I won't be getting another one.

cstephens
06-15-2006, 08:04 AM
I really like the turkey legs. I was at the park one night and bought one for dinner. Finished it the next day for lunch.

I've thought about buying one and eating it in front of the turkey, but I don't think the turkey is smart enough to understand that I'd be taunting it.

Opus1guy
06-15-2006, 11:22 AM
I've thought about buying one and eating it in front of the turkey, but I don't think the turkey is smart enough to understand that I'd be taunting it.

For me...that would make the taunting even more enjoyable!

;)