PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Meal in the Park

Pages : [1] 2

SoCalSnowWhite
04-25-2002, 09:09 PM
What's your favorite meal in the park?
My favorite lunch is a cheeseburger and fries at Club Buzz and favorite dinner is a Clam chowder in a bread bowl at French Market or if it's warm outside Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn eaten inside!! Yum!!!!

tinkfreak
04-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Chili Vasquez @ Rancho Del Zocalo for lunch .

awinner
04-25-2002, 10:20 PM
corn dog @ the wagon and chicken at plaza inn

Uncle Dick
04-26-2002, 02:19 AM
Cheese Nachos and a Dole Whip at the Inn Between.

Iceman
04-26-2002, 07:25 AM
ANYTHING at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen... :D Oops, you said in the park... I guess then I would have to say whatever strikes my fancy on a particular day at the Vineyard Room!

mad4mky
04-26-2002, 07:32 AM
The roast porkloin at the Blue Bayou.
Yummy....:D

80S ERA
04-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Prime Au Jus at the Blue Bayou. Mmmmmmmmmm!:p

mcampisi
04-26-2002, 09:21 AM
Well it used to be the Hungry Bear restaurant for me. They made the best cheeseburgers in the park. Since that may be gone forever, and this place IS techincally in the park since the Grand Californian Hotel is IN DCA, my new favorite place is Whitewater Snacks. The prices and quality of the sandwiches are very good, the atmosphere is nice, I can always find a Mickey Pretzel, and they will even custom make a sandwich for you (like my wife hates white bread, so they will make her a egg salad on wheat fresh).

Last year during vacation with my family, we were waiting for over an hour to eat at ESPN ZONE, really couldn't get a better wait anywhere else and finally decided to leave and go to the snacks place (even though my mom felt it was going to be fast food snacks and wasn't all that keen on it). Bottom line is that we all ended up eating there at least 5 times in the span of 3 days. It's my new lunch spot every trip now.

Gemini Cricket
04-26-2002, 10:19 AM
I don't know if they have this any more...
Cold pasta and shrimp @ the Plaza Inn.
Great carbo loading for the day.
:)

LuvDisney
04-26-2002, 10:27 AM
Mocha at Blue Ribbon. Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou, followed by a mocha. Corn dog at the wagon. Followed by mocha :D

cameraman
04-26-2002, 12:00 PM
any of the bread bowl soups at pacific warf

hairboy079
04-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Even though I have never been to DL, anything with Starbucks or close to starbucks and seafood, preferably sushi, and I will be happy. One thing you need to know, i may be from Illinois, but I was born and lived til i was 7 in washington state. my favorite meal is either calamari battered in butter or sushi with octopus and a mocha or macciato from starbucks!

SUNSHINE4565
04-27-2002, 07:30 PM
definitely... have to say french fries from the INN BETWEEN.. WITH there so called ranch dressing .. which is really yellow!! and a COKE!!!!!!

Wackokid
04-27-2002, 08:09 PM
that place next to pirates of the carribean (outside on the right i think) it has gumbo or something like that... i dont usually like that but i got some and it's pretty good

MonorailMan
04-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Pizza Port, the Cheese Pizza, with A big Coke. :)

The Photographer
04-27-2002, 11:54 PM
Cheeseburger, fries and a Coke at the Golden Horseshoe. Dana makes me laugh every time.

Hyperboy
04-28-2002, 12:00 AM
Love to split a turkey po'boy and gumbo with someone at Ralph Brennans. It's just as expensive as food inside the park, but a hundred times better. Inside the park is just too darned expensive for the low quality food you get.

I used to like the chicken fusilli (sp.?) at Redd Rocketts, but that place has gone WAY downhill in the last year or so. C'est Disneyland!

gn2dlnd
04-28-2002, 01:17 AM
Bunless cheeseburger w/bacon added at the Whitewater, hot wings or ribs from Taste Pilots, or fried chicken at the Plaza Inn, which they're happy to do for me without the breading. Oh, and the PI has the best cobb salad just about anywhere. Used to love Big Thunder Ranch-Zocalo has never been quite as good. Probably my favorite meal I've ever had in the Park would be dinner at Club 33 last summer. I ordered something from every section of the menu, and I tried to order things that I rarely, if ever, would get somewhere else. Appetizer: escargot on tomato (ok), Soup: lobster bisque (sure, I can get it at Hamburger Hamlet, but this was really amazing), Salad: caesar (Yeah, you can get that anywhere, but since the waiter mentioned homemade croutons, I had to try it-however, you don't-ecch), Entree: venison on jumbo sea scallops with mashed potato (really really good), Dessert-actually here is where we took a break from dinner, went out onto the balcony and watched Fantasmic and the Fireworks! Dessert: baked Alaska and coffee. What's in it? Ah don't know, ahl ask a. ;) I wish I could afford to eat meals like that more often, but I'd weigh 400 lbs. All my life going to Disneyland, there have been little rituals about food in the Park. The day would always start off with pancakes at the River Belle, the line for Splash Mt. meant popcorn shrimp from the Harbour Galley, Tom Sawyer's Island was a bag of Fritos and an apple juice from the snack bar in the fort, and at the end of the Electrical Parade we'd tear from the train station steps to Welch's in the Castle, get a grape juice, and watch the fireworks from Captain Hook's ship :) .

Ace
04-28-2002, 09:10 AM
the pizza at pizza port isn't all that good. Plus, Red Ninja says that pizza is better with milk, not coke.

anyway, the best food is the Beef Gumbo at the Royal street Veranda. cheap and good.

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
the pizza at pizza port isn't all that good. Plus, Red Ninja says that pizza is better with milk, not coke.

anyway, the best food is the Beef Gumbo at the Royal street Veranda. cheap and good.

Well, we all have our own opinions.

Mara C.
04-29-2002, 11:39 AM
:cool: :D Iwas told the ESPN Zone was changing thier menu, from Philly Cheesesteak to Chicken Cheesesteak, Any truth to that?:confused:

Ace
04-29-2002, 03:16 PM
maybe.... but my opinion counts as 2. since I said so.

TerryTiger
04-29-2002, 08:41 PM
$$$: Almost anything from the Blue Bayou.

$$: Chicken Fusilli pasta and Southwestern Chicken salad at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port.

$: Corndogs either from Red Cart on Main Street or Corn Dog Castle in DCA.

Ace
04-29-2002, 08:47 PM
$$$$$$$: I'm guessing Club 33, although I have not been there. but since it's pricey, it's good.

corrinhorn
04-29-2002, 09:40 PM
My favorite FREE food is saltines and Bulls Eye B-B-Q sauce (it was my christmas dinner in 2000) However, If I am paying, I will say Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl.