PDA

View Full Version : The Makings of a Hostess

Squeaky
06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I have a question for anyone who knows and would be kind enough to answer:
Is it standard practice for a Hostess or Host to be hired (or well, promoted) internally, having to accrue a certain amount of tenure as a CM first? Or are Hostesses hired externally, maybe auditioning as face characters do?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Nicki

Squeaky
06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
I have a question for anyone who knows and would be kind enough to answer:
Is it standard practice for a Hostess or Host to be hired (or well, promoted) internally, having to accrue a certain amount of tenure as a CM first? Or are Hostesses hired externally, maybe auditioning as face characters do?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Nicki

ChipmunkStar
06-11-2006, 12:31 PM
What kind of Hostess position are you looking for? Every female CM at the resort is called a Hostess, the only difference is what word comes in front of it (Foods Hostess, Attractions Hostess, Character Hostess, etc.)

Squeaky
06-13-2006, 08:11 PM
What kind of Hostess position are you looking for? Every female CM at the resort is called a Hostess, the only difference is what word comes in front of it (Foods Hostess, Attractions Hostess, Character Hostess, etc.)
A Hostess as in the wonderful CM's who guide tours such as Walk in Walt's Footsteps and Imagination to Celebration tours.

ChipmunkStar
06-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Ah, then you're looking for Tour Hostess... That falls under the category of guest relations. I'm not sure exactly on the specifics of how to work your way up to tours, but I believe you do have to spend a bit of time in other areas at least, you know, Dues-paying time... ;)

TENORDRUMMER
06-14-2006, 07:45 AM
A tour guide host/hostess (guest relations) can be hired from outside, as well as promoted from within. It just depends on the needs of the department and how a person sells themselves, when getting interviewed, that is the key.

Squeaky
06-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Thank you very much ChipmunkStar and TENORDRUMMER! :D Guess I have a long while before I can make my dream come true... lol, maybe I should enter the year of dreams contest! :D

darph nader
06-15-2006, 12:22 AM
I WAS going to make a smarty pants reply about Twinkies or Cupcakes,but it's too late in the day.

(i've GOT to get some sleep)