PDA

View Full Version : My Trip Reports

Colin
06-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Hi All :)

I know that last year when I visited California you all enjoyed reading the Trip Reports I posted here, so I thought I would pop up a post to say that I have just returned from my second trip to California, and I am posting my trip reports up as quickly as I can write them at http://blog.mousekingdom.com I'll pop a note here each time I add new ones :)

I hope you enjoy :)

Colin

(Mods: If theres any problems with me posting a link to another site, can you PM me and i'll put the reports directly onto these forums, it's just this way it just saves me posting in multiple places. Thanks)

ktrm
06-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks so much for the trip report. I always learn something new especially from people that have been to other Disney parks besides Anaheim. I've only been to Anaheim. I also love the perspective on the food from people from other countries. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Where did you get the Nestle Toll House Cookie Sandwich in DCA? I've never seen this and it sounds delicious.

2. What exactly is a Mickey Mouse Mortarboard? Is that the Mickey Mouse Ears?

3. How crowded was it? I am going in July which I know is even more crowded than June.

4. Which Holiday Inn did you stay at and how did you like it?

Well I'm off now to do some different type of Disney stuff. They have an exhibit at the Oakland Museum that shows the History of the making of Disneyland. Original drawings and stuff like that. I might do a trip report of this excursion. Adios.

Colin
06-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey :)

In answer to your questions:

1) Its the Toll House Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, you can buy them most places, most street vendors have them.

2) Mickey Mouse Mortarboard... Well, you know the mortarboards you where when you graduate (from high school in America, or from University in the UK) the square hats with a tassle down the side... Its those but with Mickey Mouse Ears, and it says Disneyland 2006 on it, and you can have your name embroidered too... I graduate from University this year so I wanted a set.

3) It wasn't overly crowded at all... Rides with Longest queues were Splash when it was Hot and... errm Matterhorn always seemed busy, oh and of course Space Mountain... All the rest tended to be less than 20 mins. In DCA Soarin' always seemed busy, and Grizzly River Run was, again when hot.

4) I stayed at the Holiday Inn Anaheim at the Park (which seems to have been renamed Anaheim Palms recently) its the one on Harbor, left as you leave the park and over the I-5. I like the hotel, its not the most modern of hotels, but the rooms are clean and the service is good. The bed's are comfortable and you get free wireless net access, so I am covered on all aspects :)

Glad you enjoyed. Enjoy your Disney Day :)

Colin

hdlzx2
06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I know you are looking forward to the Tiki in WDW...don't, they ruined it with Iago!--still go see it, just know that you will be dissappointed. Nothing is better than the original.
BTW...how do you get an mvp card to ESPN?

Colin
06-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I've just posted 2 more days reports on the same site :)

Yeah i've heard the sound track from WDW and I must admit its not as inspiring :| But I still must see it...

And as for MVP club... visit here... http://www.mvpclub.espnzone.com/
Really not sure why I bothered to be honest. It's only another card i'll carry and never use hehe :)

Colin

kimc0486
06-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey Colin!

Ok...I am computer-illiterate, so bear with me, but I couldn't read all of your blog, only your birthday and the day after-- ) : Any thoughts??

Colin
06-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Hi Kim,

Its a blog site with other entries as well as my own but if you scroll down on the right hand side you will see Catagories. In there is one called 'Trip Diaries' if you click that, it filters out everything else and just leaves you with my trip reports :)

Hope that helps :)

Colin

daisy4me
06-14-2006, 09:37 AM
WOW Colin thanks for the reports. They are great. Im glad you enjoyed everything. I cant wait until next week:D

pisces
06-14-2006, 10:28 AM
I really like your trip reports.

Where's your brother this time?

I don't like parade of dreams either.

You really need to come for the Christmas Fantasy Parade!

It's very true, you can watch the Electrical Parade, get back in time for the Fireworks, and make your way over to Fantasmic....although you do need to hustle a little....but it can be done!

Colin
06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi Pisces

Yeah my brother will be making his appearance in the next installment... Depending how things go though, that may not appear til the weekend... I'm working a lot at the moment and it takes a lot of time to type these things up heh :)

Colin

Colin
06-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey All :)

I've updated the blog with another 2 days reports.

Sorry they coming so slowly, its just I've been working a lot, and this weekend i've had a friend staying so i've not had a lot of time, going to try and get these finished off soon :)

Colin

kimc0486
06-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Did you get any food discounts with the ESPN Zone card? I just signed up after reading parts of your report :D

Colin
06-20-2006, 02:16 AM
To be honest, after signing up for the card, I looked at the menu and realised they really don't actually have a lot of vegetarian choice, so no I didn't actually get the discounts.

You have to go within 30 days of signing up to pick up your membership card though don't you? Otherwise I dont think you can get the discounts....?

Colin

Colin
06-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey Guys :)

I've put another 2 days of my trip online :) Sorry for the delay, lifes pretty hectic right now and it takes me a few hours to write these things up, and I keep putting it off as I don't actually enjoy doing it, but I want to do it for my benefit as much as anyone elses hehe :)

Enjoy!

Colin

Colin
07-02-2006, 05:17 AM
Hi All :)

2 more days have gone up today... Only one more installment to come!

Hope you enjoying reading them :)

Colin

Colin
07-25-2006, 03:43 PM
So very sorry for the delay...

I've finally got the last 2 days of my trip report uploaded!

I've just been so busy and only got around to writing it up today!

Thats the final installment, enjoy :)

Colin