PDA

View Full Version : 6/9 Fantasmic cancelled due to tech problems

jennia
06-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Of course, this is the only time we have staked out a spot 3 hours before the show and dealt with crwods, blanket encroachers and tons of kids who walked over our stuff to get to the ducks..... we took it all instride. Even shared crackers with the kiddos. Then the show was cancelled. ARGH!!! We could see the divers on the Hungry Bear side of the Waters of America trying to fix the problem. The announcement said technical difficulties, they were trying to get them resolved a few times and then...... they cancelled the 9PM show. I got there at opening and really wasn't up to staying for the later show (plus the 1 1/2 to 2 hour ride home.)

Sorry to drag on so long, but the question is, how often does this happen? DS just got out for summer break and LOVES Fantasmic. His visit just isn't complete until he sees the show I think. I'm thinking about heading back next week before ALL the local schools are out and I'm wondering what the chances are that we'll have the same thing happen? I've never heard of the Fantasmic show being cancelled so I thought I'd ask here for more input and information. Thanks!!! :D

RockDoc07
06-10-2006, 10:37 PM
If you want to see Fantasmic! in the coming weeks this coming Friday is the last day to see it for I believe a couple weeks since they need the area to set up for the Pirates premiere.

I don't know how long the person in question is going to be around, but hopefully he gets to see it!

I have actually never seen the show. The last time I was at Disney was in 1993 and it was relatively new then. For some reason, no one in my party wanted to go and see it because we were all watching the Main Street Electrical Parade and thus had to skip it.

But..... my gf and I are going this Friday and we're using one day of our three day park hopper pass just to see Fantasmic! on Friday night :) I am so excited and also can't believe our trip is finally less than a week away :)

Hope that everyone is having a good weekend. Thanks so much for all the help and advice you've given me so far in planning my trip and for welcoming me to the board.

Doc

DisneyDustin22
06-10-2006, 11:00 PM
...... how often does this happen?....... I've never heard of the Fantasmic show being cancelled so I thought I'd ask here for more input and information. Thanks!!! :D

It is rare when it does but you'd probably be surprised to know how often it has. Not that its an every week thing. There are numerous things that can cause a show to be cancelled. Usually they are able to fix the problem or at least take out that particular effect for a show until it is resolved. But for a show to be cancelled, not due to weather, most likely would mean that something could not be fixed in time to have the show go on without the effect or whatever was not working to be held out. It could be any number of things, from a faulty gas line to pyro not functioning to something on the island itself that could cause a safety concern for the performers.

jennia
06-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the hold on Fantasmic until the movie premiere. DH and I aren't up to visiting again this soon (disability issues) but we do have Annual Passes so we will catch it later in the summer after the movie premiere. To me that is the best thing about APs, if something is out of commission on one trip we don't sweat it, we can catch it next time!!! :D

Interesting that the show does get cancelled at times. I guess that shows the tricky nature of pyrotechnics! This is the only time we've staked out seats 3 hours in advance and the only time that I've seen the show cancelled.

Vegitabeta
06-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Interesting that the show does get cancelled at times. I guess that shows the tricky nature of pyrotechnics! This is the only time we've staked out seats 3 hours in advance and the only time that I've seen the show cancelled.

Such is life! lol