PDA

View Full Version : How nice... [Cast Members / solo riders]

Wonderbyrd
06-10-2006, 08:07 PM
How nice are the cm when you are riding rides by yourself? I am probably going to disneyland by myself and i am wondering if I am going to have any problems? :confused:

DaddyB
06-10-2006, 08:12 PM
why would you have any problems? You're not the first person to ride a ride by yourself, you probably won't even be the first person that day to ride any given ride by yourself. It happens ALL the time.

And of course, castmembers are always very nice.

Tink60
06-10-2006, 08:13 PM
The CM's are really great. I've gone to DL for a day by myself and they were real chatty when they realized I was alone. It was both and interesting and fun day. I rode what ever I wanted when ever I wanted. Shopped when I felt like it. Stopped to eat when I wanted to. A real day of indulgence. Enjoy yourself.

Another Dimension
06-10-2006, 09:02 PM
The attractions CMs are usually very nice to me when I visit alone.

In Single Rider lines, in Fast Pass lines, in Standby lines and whenever approached with a question, a comment, a complaint or a compliment. :)

Niwel
06-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Hi Wonderbyrd, check out this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) for more about going alone. (I do it all the time)

I Heart Disneyland!
06-10-2006, 11:51 PM
How nice are the cm when you are riding rides by yourself? I am probably going to disneyland by myself and i am wondering if I am going to have any problems? :confused:

I don't know which rides allow single riders, but, I was alone there a few weeks ago for a few hours and NONE of the rides I went to had them. :(

emmah
06-11-2006, 01:04 AM
I don't know which rides allow single riders, but, I was alone there a few weeks ago for a few hours and NONE of the rides I went to had them. :(

all the rides "allow" single riders - there would be massive discrimination litigation if they did not! i've gone to the parks on my own several times and i love it! i think you might be talking about the rides which have single rider queues for busy times - i never use them myself but i know that california screaming, soarin', splash and indiana jones have those special lines.

Colin
06-11-2006, 02:05 AM
indiana jones have those special lines.

I wasn't aware that Indy had SRQ? I always used Fast pass to the max when I was there on my own on my recent visit to go on Indy. I've never seen any signage whereas all the other attractions have signs announcing SRQs. Are you sure about this? Which way do they take you into the attraction?

I feel like I missed out now LOL :)

C°o°lin

Tinkermommy
06-11-2006, 07:53 AM
I wasn't aware that Indy had SRQ?

I don't think Indy has a single rider queue -- at least it's not listed with the others in the park guide they give you when you enter the park.

Splash Mountain does have one, though.

Niwel
06-11-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't think Indy has a single rider queue -- at least it's not listed with the others in the park guide they give you when you enter the park.

it used to -- you'd enter through the exit and take the elvator over. The problem is you would bypass the safety movie so the nixed it -- however -- keep an ear open near the loading area and they will sometimes ask for 1 or 2 people.

Malcon10t
06-11-2006, 01:52 PM
all the rides "allow" single riders - there would be massive discrimination litigation if they did not! i've gone to the parks on my own several times and i love it! i think you might be talking about the rides which have single rider queues for busy times - i never use them myself but i know that california screaming, soarin', splash and indiana jones have those special lines.Grizzly Rapids, Soarin, TOT, Maliboomer, CA Screamin', Splash Mountain, and Indy (my daughter said she has used it) have single rider queues. She hasn't done the single rider queue for a year or so. We *think* Space Mountain has it also (it used to.)

snowsbeau
06-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Grizzly Rapids, Soarin, TOT, Maliboomer, CA Screamin', Splash Mountain, and Indy (my daughter said she has used it) have single rider queues. She hasn't done the single rider queue for a year or so. We *think* Space Mountain has it also (it used to.)

I used the single rider at Indy and Splash last Sunday. They let you enter through the exits. When I asked at Space Mountain about single riders the CM looked at me like I was short and ugly and told me that they didn't do that there. I went on Star Tours instead. No need for a single riders queue there.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Of course, all attractions "allow" single riders. Whether an attraction offers a single-rider queue depends on whether it's set up to do so, whether there's any advantage, for maximizing throughput, in doing so, and whether or not there are any unusual conditions that might cause single-rider privilege to be suspended (I recall an evening in which Soarin' was not offering single-rider because the sloping floor in the queue had become slippery from all the rainwater being tracked in that day).

Another Dimension
06-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Indy has a Single Rider line/pass again??????

Screamin', Soarin, Mullholland Madness, Maliboomer, GRR and Splash Mtn still do...

Space at DL has never had a Single Rider line, Space at WDW still does.

Space at DL needs it... and so does the Tower of Terror. :D

Wonderbyrd
06-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Wonderbyrd, check out this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) for more about going alone. (I do it all the time)
thank you so much for the article it was very helpful!!!!:)

Frogberto
06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I've never had a problem. Especially Splash Mountain -- this is the fastest line you'll ever find in the park!