PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Spotting

doombuggy driver
06-10-2006, 08:06 PM
We were at DLR on May 31-June 2 and on Thursday the 1st we saw Kobe Bryant with his wife, daughter and a DLR VIP. He was leaving the Matterhorn and seemed to be enjoying the Happiest Place on Earth (even after losing to The Suns)!

potzbie
06-10-2006, 08:41 PM
...we saw Kobe Bryant ...

:)
... don't tell me...

A tall black man was wearing a purple number eight basketball jersey?

I've got news for you.
Those jerseys are available everywhere.
[just kidding] ;) :p

zombie pirate
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Is Kobe even married anymore after what happen in Colorodo. I think I saw Jackie Chan with a few other people in La Jolla, California last weekend. A few people where bugging him for autographs. If cerleberties are out enjoying the day let them. My youngest brother is a star MLB baseball player in the American Leaque. He cant even take his Wife, and young kids anywhere. We tried Disneyland once not long ago. Forget it, a few rides, it was to much. The San Diego Zoo was great, A few people said hello, but the SD Zoo is pretty spread out.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-11-2006, 12:00 AM
I've been to DL with a guy who is like a 2nd son to us. He's an actor and stand up comic and people asked him for autographs too. I feel the same way...leave the guy alone, he's there with family and friends to enjoy time away from work. Ugh.

tlovesdis
06-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Is Kobe even married anymore after what happen in Colorodo.

Yes, they are still married and they just had a baby a few weeks ago!

averagedork
06-11-2006, 06:40 AM
I saw Cillian Murphy in Newport last week. I was eating dinner and he was eating his. I was so freaked by him!

GrumpyUTboi
06-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I saw Paul McCartney back on Nov 1 2004, with his wife and 2 children. We walked beside him down mainstreet listening to the host talk about DL. I was maybe 3 feet beside him with my own family. A guest thought that it would be a great idea to go and get a picture and an autograph, and the biggest man that I had ever seen walked up to him, put his hand on his chest and said NO. It was kind of funny, but we acted as if he was just another person and the little grumpy's had no idea.

GrumpyUTboi
06-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Zombie, who is your brother? One of my firiends has two brothers playing in the big leagues. Scott and Willie Eyre. Scott definately gets more attention than Willie.

Opus1guy
06-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Also see:

Star sightings at DLR (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=55992)

...from less than 2 weeks ago.

zombie pirate
06-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Zombie, who is your brother? One of my firiends has two brothers playing in the big leagues. Scott and Willie Eyre. Scott definately gets more attention than Willie.
I promised him that I would not say anything on this web site a few weeks ago when I joined, Besides hes very rich, I dont want him to leave me out of his will. Im a Padres fan anyway. GO PADRES!!!!

zombie pirate
06-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I saw Paul McCartney back on Nov 1 2004, with his wife and 2 children. We walked beside him down mainstreet listening to the host talk about DL. I was maybe 3 feet beside him with my own family. A guest thought that it would be a great idea to go and get a picture and an autograph, and the biggest man that I had ever seen walked up to him, put his hand on his chest and said NO. It was kind of funny, but we acted as if he was just another person and the little grumpy's had no idea.
Paul McCarthy Wow, I would love to see Angus Young. A couple of times When my brother couldnt sign a autograph, Man, you should hear some of the foul lanquage directed twoards him.

Tinkermommy
06-11-2006, 01:01 PM
When my brother couldnt sign a autograph, Man, you should hear some of the foul lanquage directed twoards him.

Sometimes, being polite and considerate can result in a surprise positive experience. Last summer, a friend and I took our collective gaggle of little girls to Disneyland. We were walking through Tomorrowland when one of them said, "Hey! There's Aly & AJ!" They were singing on the stage at Club Buzz. The girls were beside themselves with excitement, so we stopped to buy the CDs for sale nearby. Just as we started to go in, the stage started to go down. I said, "Awww, sorry girls, we missed them." The girls were really disappointed, but not at all whiny. This man dressed in black listened to our conversation, then told us when they'd be back. We ended up chatting for a few minutes, then I asked him jokingly how it was that he had the "inside scoop." He said he was one of their security guys. We're sort of goofballs, so I said that since the girls had missed Aly & AJ, would HE pose for a picture with them? He did, and we all had a good laugh. Before we left, he said we should look for him if we made it back to the afternoon show.

My friend took the kids to the afternoon show while I got in the enormous autograph line. It never would have occurred to us to REALLY go look for him. But when the girls got to the front of the autograph line, he saw them, and said to Aly & AJ, "Hey, these are the kids I was telling you about!" They actually took a moment to talk to the girls and pose for a picture, which I couldn't believe. They were delightful, and they made the girls feel really special.

I suspect if we'd griped and complained about having missed them, we would never have had that experience...