PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Refurbish Scheduled to Move back to May 25

Disneyfreak
04-25-2002, 06:15 PM
I went on the Disneyland website today and splash mountain is back up but it is set to open on May 25th. Do you think they screwed up or do you think they are ahead of schedual.

Disneyfreak
04-25-2002, 06:35 PM
They said that their is a possibility that it will open on may 25th if everything goes well. I guess everything is going well.

I have been hearing that they were testing it this week and i guess after they tested it there were no problems.

Darkbeer
04-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Today, they had all the logs in the flume, with water. Most of the logs are bare shells, NO SEATING WHATSOEVER. Supposely most logs must be in the ride for thhe computer ride system to work correctly.

The main testing is Saturday, when the few logs with the modified seating will be tested by CM's. If everything goes well on Saturday, then the plan is to retrofit the other logs, and that should keep them on schedule (but Disney and its track record with schedules, late May could easily become June). If they have problems on Saturday, it's back to the drawing boards, and then who knows when Splash will re-open.

Uncle Dick
04-26-2002, 01:19 AM
The date CMs are being told has been moved back from June 15th to May 25th. Looks like we're ahead of schedule!

Disneyfreak
04-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Then I will try and go on saturday and watch. That sounds ineresting. Will they have people riding in them to give the boats weight?

MonorailMan
04-28-2002, 02:57 PM
27 More Days Till SP Opening! :D

Darkbeer
04-28-2002, 04:46 PM
There is another tread talking about the testing, including reports... including that the ride interior is still being worked on (in a major ride), and that the logs were heavy, especially in the front... I wouldn't count on that opening date just yet....

Disney will open the ride when they are ready, and they feel the ride is safe... More information should be come out in the next week or two, after more analysis from the WDI/TDA folks.

Darkbeer
04-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Here is the first photo of the NEW 5 PERSON LOG, from MouseInfo.com...

http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3850

Disneyfreak
04-29-2002, 08:37 PM
I am sure that they are still working on the robots but according to the news the outside and the mehanical part of the ride is doing well and ahead of schedual. The flume had no water except for the bottom of the drops to stop them. The first drop only had water flowing down it.