PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating Question for DCA

yellowrosedtxn
06-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I got my paperwork from AAA travel club and I knew I would get priority seating for something in DCA. Well the PS is for Aladdin or Muppets 3D or Bugs Life or the Wine thing. Now I am not a wine drinker, so that is out. I saw Aladdin last year and I heard the Priority Seating for that show is not a good as being in the balcony so my question is:

Which show should we do the Priority Seating for? Muppets 3D Or It's Tough to be a Bug. Please share your experience with me and help me decide!

Thanks in advance.

Shelley

tod
06-08-2006, 04:50 PM
You can walk into either one and pick your seat as soon as the doors open, so you're not gonna miss much at the other one.

--t

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Might as well use it for Alladin. It's pretty worthless for the other 2 shows.

bradk
06-09-2006, 06:55 AM
i think it's worthless for all 3.

unless you can get there early enough for Aladdin that you can guarantee yourself a seat in the first row of the last section of the orchestra, I'd just opt for waiting for the mezzanine line to open and be the first in that line.

who wants to see a 3d movie from the front anyway? it's the idea of the effects going over other people's heads that enhance the experience.

charpaul
06-09-2006, 09:39 AM
The priority seating for Muppets and Bugs Life are seats right in the MIDDLE of the theater. PRIME SEATING SPOTS!!!! They are reserved behind a special red rope! You really don’t need priority seating to enjoy these shows. But if you think it is worth sitting RIGHT in the middle - check it out.

The priority seating for Aladdin is different. You are lined up in a separate area and get to go into the theater first. You can pick the best seats that YOU can find. I prefer to sit on the floor just behind the aisle where the procession will travel. It is a great place because you get to see Aladdin (and the procession) up close AND get a good view of the carpet ride. I would go with this show for priority. It is the only one worth it in my opinion :D

The old man
06-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Someone here just wrote a horror story about using PS with Aladdin. Search for it. It's very easy to find a middle seat for ITTBAB, but harder for Muppets, so I guess I'd use it for that--though it's barely needed.
David

yellowrosedtxn
06-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Well I guess we will go watch Aladdin again in the priority seating if they allow us to decide where we want to sit. Thanks for all the help! I'll let you know how it goes in our trip report!

Shelley

Susan L
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I posted this on another thread on this subject. PS means first come first seated. So get there early.

Wonderbyrd
06-10-2006, 07:58 PM
do you have to pay to see these shows???

Susan L
06-10-2006, 08:11 PM
No.

tonytone
06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
I got my paperwork from AAA travel club and I knew I would get priority seating for something in DCA. Well the PS is for Aladdin or Muppets 3D or Bugs Life or the Wine thing. Now I am not a wine drinker, so that is out. I saw Aladdin last year and I heard the Priority Seating for that show is not a good as being in the balcony so my question is:

Which show should we do the Priority Seating for? Muppets 3D Or It's Tough to be a Bug. Please share your experience with me and help me decide!

Thanks in advance.

Shelley
Does the AAA package only allow you to choose but one of those shows? I ask because the PS voucher we got through WDTC included vouchers for all of them (Aladdin, Bug's Life, Muppet 3D). :confused:

bradk
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
it's the same for AAA. you get one of those passes with little tabs on the end for each show (at least that's how it was).

AAA and DTC stuff are usually identical except for the logo.

Susan L
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
They are not going to look at your vouchers. PS is first come first seated. So, get there early.

Malcon10t
06-12-2006, 07:22 PM
They are not going to look at your vouchers. PS is first come first seated. So, get there early.
Each time we have used them, we have needed the voucher to get in the PS line. Once in the PS line, you don't need them, but they do let you in a few mins before the line in back. PS is first come first seated, but it also seated before the general group. For Aladdin, priority enters thru the door in front to a line in behind. Non-priority lines up back by TOT. The PS does have a limit for each show.

littlemissgorgeous
06-13-2006, 12:31 AM
We only used our Alladdin vouchers..which was great- front row middle..the life size elephant walked right past us.
Front row is great because you are so close to the actors..did I mention that Alladdin was really cute ;)

yellowrosedtxn
06-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I got the voucher, but it said you could do ONE of those, not all of them. I mean if I can do all of them, that is cool because we were planning to see It's Tough to be a Bug and Muppets 3D because we didn't see them last year. Then we could see Aladdin too if we can get Priority Seating.

daisy4me
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
I checked with my travel agent and there is three tabs so you get PS for each of them. At least with WDTC. The CM is suppose to pull the tab off but it sounds as if they dont??

yellowrosedtxn
06-13-2006, 08:29 AM
COOL! I got a voucher with three tabs as well, but again, I thought that I would only be able to go to one of those shows! HOW COOL! Thanks!

kimmybear
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
only three tabs? i think i got four- aladdin, golden dreams, tough to be a bug, and muppet 3D.

geoffa
06-13-2006, 11:12 AM
only three tabs? i think i got four- aladdin, golden dreams, tough to be a bug, and muppet 3D.

Golden DReams? Why would you want PS for this? It's usually empty!:cool:

geoffa
06-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Golden Dreams? Why would you want PS for this? It's usually empty!:cool:
As for Aladdin if you sit front row stalls you'll get a real crick in the neck trying to watch the magic carpet fly over the audience. Best seats are either front row - rear part of stalls - the elephant and parade walk right past you there too or mezzanine (which is only opened when park is real busy). Can't see PS being much use for any of the other shows - all have good seats and great views IMHO.

daisy4me
06-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes 4 tabs, I really didnt pay attention because Ive been told they arent really necessary but oh well they were cool to get. Actually the whole package is awesome. We like Tinkerbell so that's cool she is all over it:)