PDA

View Full Version : Going to Club 33 (YEAH!)

mckygirl99
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
I am a complete Disney freak and have been visiting the parks since I was 2 back in '77. I am finally getting the opportunity to go to Club 33 with a friend in August. We will be there for lunch. What should I expect and what should I look for? Do I have to dress a certain way? (She said I didn't but I want to be sure) I intend to take as many pics as I can. I am so EXCITED!! I can't wait!

Oh and they serve alcohol, right?? :p

twist1980
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Thats so great! Make sure you post a report with your pictures when you get back, I'll be looking for it! I'm not sure about the dress code as I've never been, but I know that they serve alcohol!

Have fun!! :)

Osky
06-08-2006, 03:10 PM
You can get some great information off of Opus1Guy's website:

http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/

Also, this website has a good primer of what to expect:

http://www.disneylandclub33.com/

Have fun!

JookyG
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I am a complete Disney freak and have been visiting the parks since I was 2 back in '77. I am finally getting the opportunity to go to Club 33 with a friend in August. We will be there for lunch. What should I expect and what should I look for? Do I have to dress a certain way? (She said I didn't but I want to be sure) I intend to take as many pics as I can. I am so EXCITED!! I can't wait!

Oh and they serve alcohol, right?? :p

I'm totally psyched for you. I got my first visit a few weeks ago--a lifetime dream come true! I had some of the best food ever in my life, and the decor was really nice. Very elegant but not over the top. You know those concept art prints you see at Disney Gallery? Well a lot of the originals are hanging in the Club. The best are the stretching room paintings from the Haunted Mansion. It's sooooo cool!

I know a lot of people wear jeans and t-shirts, but you should shoot a little higher out of respect for what the Club represents. The t-shirt crowd looked REALLY out of place and a little silly among all the elegance.

Speaking of alcohol, make sure to order the chocolate martini. It's the most heavenly drink I've ever had, consumed in one of the most heavenly places on earth.

Also, take a moment to step out on the balcony and see NOS from an angle you've never seen before. You can't take drinks out, but the staff will let you step out and wander for a bit. It's very cool.

Yay!!! Have fun!

Frogberto
06-08-2006, 03:37 PM
The dress code depends on your group, in my experience, and most people, if going JUST for Club 33, do dress up a little bit.

In prior visits, I used to put a sports coat in a locker, and then get it out right before our reservation time. But I noted that the Club 33 staff never enforce any dress codes.

When you arrive at the park, you'll want to check in with Guest Services, who will have the Club 33 guest list for that day. They will check your photo ID, and release your tickets to you. They may also give you further instructions, like telling you to be there 20 minutes before your assigned time, and giving you instructions on where to go for Club 33.

Have a great time, and ask the server to give you a little bit about the history of Club 33 and point out some items of note, or tell you some juicy stories about the celebrities that have been there. Depending on which room you're in, you may want to look for the California Condor, the items from Disney films of the past, or the picture of Walt smoking on the wall.

Have a great time!

erinzgirl
06-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I can't tell you how jealous I am! But I'm so very excited for you too, please do post pix for us not so lucky padders!:D

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Have a super time. I usually go for dinner, so I dress up a bit.

If you get Alistair as your server (I think he's still there), he will tell you all about the Club cheerfully.

Ditto on the balcony tip. You'll feel a bit like Evita in my opinion. It's Magical.

Yes, they have a full bar and wine list. Try not to explode from excitement. It is very cool, no matter how many times you've been there. Have a great time and buy some souveniers (as if we had to tell you that). :D

mckygirl99
06-08-2006, 06:34 PM
You guys are awesome and I am now more excited about the trip! I am going to write down all this great info down. JookyG, thanks for the heads up on the chocolate martini!! I will definitely have to check that out. I also felt that I should dress pretty nice too so thanks for all that input as well!

KarenW2
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Hope you have a great time at the Club. We've always enjoyed it when we've been there for dinners. Be sure to check out the cool stuff to buy too!!

Also, with the dinner reservation, you can park at GCH for "free" (you'll want to tip them, going in and going out, obviously). When you get to the girl at the gate, tell her you're eating at the Club and what name your reservation is under. They'll check the list, then put a "DINING" paper on your windshield.

You might want to have a friend take a photo of you up on the balcony, since the only way you can get access to it is from dining at the Club.

Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back!!

Disney Vault
06-09-2006, 11:56 AM
That is so cool. I really hope I can make it inside there at least once someday in my life.

Tinkermommy
06-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Be sure to check out the cool stuff to buy too!!

We were there three weeks ago, and the supply of merchandise was pretty skimpy this trip. To our great disappointment, they did not have the Club 33 ears. They said they had not had them for quite some time, and didn't expect to get any. They didn't have pens any longer, either. (Those were the two things we'd hoped to get...rats!)

They did have a black & gold pin with the 33 logo on it for $10, a shot glass (clear with white logo) which I believe was $18. They also had a retro-looking bar set (which included a martini shaker) for $50. There was a sign for some kind of pin on an easel for $50, but there was no sample. There were a few items of clothing, like polo shirts and a sweater. They also had a limited edition giclee of Walt having coffee in the Club for around $950. They had a limited edition litho (333 pieces) of the same picture, which was $133. (That's what we ended up getting.) Funny story -- I bought the litho and returned to my group, only to realize that I was facing the table at which Walt was pictured in the litho. Same window, same artwork on the wall -- and the table was vacant. We set my little girl up at the table with a coffee cup and had her pose like Walt, then took a picture. That was very kewl.

Of course, for that ultimate bargain in souvenirs -- the ladies room had plenty of those paper towels embossed with the gold logo...LOL!

disneyhound
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Awesome! Please take photos and share your experience with us; especially those who will most likely never get the experience you have waiting!

cstephens
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Of course, for that ultimate bargain in souvenirs -- the ladies room had plenty of those paper towels embossed with the gold logo...LOL!

Those and the cocktail napkins! :)

Opus1guy
06-09-2006, 03:00 PM

Those and the cocktail napkins! :)

Yep. ;)

The bathroom paper towels have just the "33" logo in Gold on them. They are large rectangular deluxe paper towels.

The Club 33 cocktail napkin is much rarer to see, as they don't use Lounge Alley much as a cocktail lounge anymore, and most of the time when they deliver cocktails to your dinner table, they don't use the cocktail napkin.

The Club 33 cocktail napkin is a standard sized square deluxe paper cocktail napkin, and is really the only item in the Club that has both the logo and the entire Club "letterhead" printed on it: "Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland U.S.A." In the traditional "Club Colors" of Blue and Gold.

Personally, I think the Club 33 cocktail napkins make the best free souvenir because of that. Just wander up to the bartender and ask for one. :)

Tinkermommy
06-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Personally, I think the Club 33 cocktail napkins make the best free souvenir because of that. Just wander up to the bartender and ask for one. :)

Well doggone it, that's what we get for ordering a bottle of wine. Totally missed the napkins -- LOL.

However, my daughter had a Mickey Mouse (Club 33 version of the Shirley Temple) that came with an elegant black and gold plastic stirrer. Almost forgot about that!

CariBelle
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
That is so cool. I really hope I can make it inside there at least once someday in my life.

Same here! My friend is going in the near future and has promised to bring me a souvenir, so I guess that will tide me over until I get my chance.

Micki0624
06-10-2006, 09:08 AM
If any of you would like 2 extra guests in the future just let me know and my hubby and I would be happy to oblige.

darph nader
06-10-2006, 01:02 PM
LUCKY PUPPY!:cool:

I Heart Disneyland!
06-11-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm so happy for you! This is a dream I hope I can also fulfill in my life as a DL nerd.

janell
06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Thats great, your going to have a wonderful time. I have been lucky enough to have lunch there myself a few time. Last time I was there for lunch they had a buffet of salads, cheeses, shrimp and a few other things. All really good. Then you pick your meal off a menu. All the food is great. And then there is a buffet for desert. And yes there is alcohol. Don’t forget to buy something thing while your up there. They have a cabinet that has all kinds off Clue 33 things.

Leli
06-12-2006, 01:32 AM
I'll be going sometime in the near future too! I just need to pick a date. My cousin works for a company that has a corporate membership so he can make reservations. He went four weeks in a row, and he doesn't even like Disneyland!

ssturgeo
06-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I am going in November!! I still cannot believe it! Cannot wait to hear about your experience....and appreciate all the tips from others who have been there.

I have not even been thinking about the food!! Just to be there, to drink in the history, the ambience, the magic...something, at age 62, and MANY trips to DL, I never thought I would be privileged to experience!