PDA

View Full Version : What would YOUR ultimate Disney Dream be?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Swhite
06-08-2006, 04:37 AM
This new campaign has got me thinking...

If you really got to dream big, what would you dream of happening to you when you visited Disneyland Resort?

My sweet husband and I will be going in November to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and in imagining the most exciting adventure ever:

How great would it be to get to spend a night in Walt's apartment! Can you imagine waking up, being able to look down Main Street? Imagine watching cast members getting ready to open up for the day. Imagine the sounds and smells. Wow!

Well, they did say dream....

What would others dream of?

mommy-san
06-08-2006, 05:46 AM
I think my dream would be to stay with my family INSIDE the park for the night... a suite overlooking NOS or Fantasyland. But when I am actually IN the park, my ultimate dream is for a golf cart to take my family everywhere- cause we sure do get tired!

When I was thinking about this I realized that having the park to ourselves wouldn't be all that exciting (amazing opporotunity, yes, but exciting, no)because alot of the energy of Disneyland comes from the other guests.

Phantom2006
06-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Well mine would not be a one day thing. I would like to have a high management job for Disney. I would like to be at the Disneyland Resort though.

merlinjones
06-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Mine would be to hold an official press conference in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle announcing a total restoration program for Walt Disney's historic park, including Tomorrowland, Skyway, PeopleMover, Carousel, Pirate Ship, Cascade Peak, Tahitian Terrace, Golden Horseshoe Revue, Fort Wilderness, Country Bear Jamboree, Mr, Lincoln, Sleeping Beauty Diorama, etc. Plus plans for new E-Ticket attractions and the closure of DCA.

Plus, an announcement that Disney now offered a higher minimum wage for starting cast members than In 'n' Out Burger, and a new benefits/incentive package for full-time employees.

Then there would be a ribbon cuttting for the new Vault Disney Store that offered the entire Walt Disney film, TV and shorts and music library on DVD and CD.

And then a public trial in Town Square for executives who were in compliance with the old regime.

The grand finale would be the Main Street Electrical Parade, back in Disneyland, followed by fireworks, TinkerBell and a John Lasseter announcement of the return of hand-drawn animated fairy tale classics to the feature animation division -- which would conclude with a grand finale set to the theme from Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color and free coffee and donuts.

:)

DangerMouse
06-08-2006, 06:32 AM
I vote for Merlin to win! Oh wait, can I do that? :confused:

Maybe I can just be a guest in his dream? PLEASE??? :D

luckyamber
06-08-2006, 06:51 AM
I think I'd just want to have dinner at club 33.

06-08-2006, 07:00 AM
And then a public trial in Town Square for executives who were in compliance with the old regime.

My dream is to write an Oscar-winning dramatization of the above trial - "Barbarians at the Gates" meets "Inherit The Wind".

Alisonsmom
06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I"d like to invite all my friends to Disneyland and have it all to ourselves!

Michael_Lee
06-08-2006, 07:13 AM
If we're thinking BIG here, I'd want a lifetime membership to Club 33 and a VIP fastpass for all of my family, for life. Oh to dream :-)

Gone2Disneyland
06-08-2006, 07:23 AM
I'd love to be an Imagineer developing new Disneyland attractions. Not only would my goddaughter have fun letting her friends know "My godfather made that," it'd be a really fun challenge balancing creating something new against all us fans hoping the park never changes. :p

wabby1
06-08-2006, 07:28 AM
I could go for the lifetime membership at Club 33, and the opportunity to go behind the scenes, and spend a night in Walt's apartment.

Merlin's dream is a complete restoration of the original park. But doesn't that go against what Walt envisioned? He said the park would never be completed as long as there was imagination and things to enhance it. I miss some of the original stuff, but I love DCA and all of the things that have been added to D/L. Bring back the subs....I miss them....looks like "Finding Nemo" might be the vehicle to do that.....and I don't see why Swiss Family Robinson treehouse needed to become Tarzan's.....so, there's obviously some things I miss. I do agree that Cast Members be paid more....that's a shame that they're not.

merlinjones
06-08-2006, 07:34 AM
>>Merlin's dream is a complete restoration of the original park. But doesn't that go against what Walt envisioned? He said the park would never be completed as long as there was imagination and things to enhance it.<<

For a very complete response:

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/

dlandnut
06-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Old dream: Bring back PeopleMover and Tahitian Terrace.

Current dream: I would love to see the "inner workings" of Disneyland. Go underground, see how DL ticks. See some of the "secrets" that make it run like a well-oiled machine.

Ultimate dream: when I retire, to spend a summer in Southern California and work at..........where else?...............Disneyland!!!

:)

Niwel
06-08-2006, 08:42 AM
A day in the park with Uncle Walt (you did ask what my dream was).

The announcement that they are changing King Arthur's Carrousel into Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday Carrousel. -- and everything that Merlin said....

twist1980
06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
I would love to even see Walt's Main St. apartment with my own eyes! I would also love to dine in Club 33 (lifetime membership would be nice too)! Ooohh...too many choices!

hbquikcomjamesl
06-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Permanent reinstatement of the experimental backstage tour program (that was cancelled after only a few days in operation) from about a year before the debut of "Walt's Footsteps," with the original two itineraries, and all the original printed materials.

Hmm. Still hostile to DCA, after all these years, eh, "merlinjones"? :p

TahoeBob
06-08-2006, 09:35 AM
This is a family board so I can not say what mine would be, but think Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.

merlinjones
06-08-2006, 10:06 AM
>>Hmm. Still hostile to DCA, after all these years, eh, "merlinjones"?<<

Until they "fix" it... sure. ;)

bassett1976
06-08-2006, 10:07 AM
I'm thinking lifetime passes for me and my family to all the Disney parks around the world (Including future parks) and airplane vouchers to get there. Having a suite at each of the places wouldn't hurt either.

Summers would be fun. Start at DL, fly to Japan, fly to HK, Paris and WDW and back to CA!

Gone2Disneyland
06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
This is a family board so I can not say what mine would be, but think Ariel, Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
...and Jasmine. (heavy sigh :) )

Disneymademoiselle
06-08-2006, 11:04 AM

Merlinjones, that is just too funny. ROTFL!!! :p

My ultimate dream...CEO of Disney. What an honor it would be to carry out all the hopes and dreams of Uncle Walt :)

Disney Vault
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I would love to sit in on some of the meetings that go on back in the TDA building.

dlandnut
06-08-2006, 11:24 AM

lol; might be kind of tough with Ariel. :)

honeymoon @disney
06-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Lol, my dream is just to go! I've never had the priviledge, so its a big enough dream for me. We were going to go when I was 12, but my dad got too many speeding tickets and they repo'd his car (wonderful $4000.00 expense). By the time we got our disney fund up again, we were planning a trip for the fall, but then dad ended up moving out a month before! Now I'm planning my honeymoon there in 07 - I figure a honeymoon is one of the few trips I'm guaranteed, so I'm cashing my Disneyland chip in!!

Then there would be a ribbon cuttting for the new Vault Disney Store that offered the entire Walt Disney film, TV and shorts and music library on DVD and CD.

A little off topic, as its not my 'ultimate' dream, but what a great idea! Instead of the whole "This movie is going into the VAULT" *GASP*, it could go in the "Disneyland" vault, available only at the parks! It think stopping selling a movie indefinitally (or until a big anniversary) is kinda crazy - and really annoying.

Smeecanada
06-08-2006, 11:34 AM
My ultimate dream would be a VIP trip to all the Disney parks around the world. What a trip that would be.

I'll just have to settle for a trip to DL - just booked our flight - arriving JUL15-JUL19