PDA

View Full Version : Lockers in the park

RockDoc07
06-07-2006, 06:25 PM
How safe are they?

Anyone had any bad experiences?

What would you willingly leave in one?

I'm going Father's Day weekend and we're really excited!!!

Also, I know that there aren't specific photo services or things and that really CMs just walk around near the castle and near the main entrance snapping photos but is there any way to flag one of them down for certain things?

Thanks everybody! And thanks for all your advice a few weeks ago for Soarin'! After much deliberation we're going on!!

Peace,
RockDoc

tod
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
I would leave anything in a locker, and have before I have gone on Grizzly River Rapids. Wallet, watch, camera, pick 'em.

The picture-taking CMs have been very accommodating when I have asked them to take a picture with my camera. Other things... I suppose it depends on what you ask for, and how you ask for it.

--t

GrumpyUTboi
06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
The lockers in my opinion are very safe EXCEPT if you are opening the locker and you are not very fast at pushing the buttons, someone can look over your shoulder and see what the pass code is.

Don't blurt out to someone the passcode. I was there at the beginning of May and there were two young girls that were about 15 that put there purses and stuff in a locker and I was waiting to rent a locker. The one girl had the other write down the passcode so that if for some reason she could open up the locker. The 1st girl said the pass code, the 2nd girl didn't get the whole code and asked to repeat it another 2 times. After they were done I told the girls that if I was not an honest person that I now had their pass code and I knew that there were 2 purses in the locker. They got a big attitude with me as a young teenager may get when an adult mentions something to them. The one girl in a nasty tone said that it wasn't the pass code and I looked at her and said okay. I went and selected the open locker button, pressed their pass code in and as they were walking away I held their purses up and asked them if they were theirs. The look that they gave was classic and I again told them that being an old man of 37 that I would forget their pass code in just a few minutes and that they needed to be very careful with their pass code.

As for the pictures I have never handed my camera to one of the CM's that have their own camera in hand to take our picture. They do not get paid to push a button on my camera and who is to say that I won't get a screwy picture from them. I have however asked the people at the place where you pick up your pictures if they could have one of their photographers take a picture some place other than the castle and such. They did so for us, so go ahead and ask.

kiwifuz
06-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I've never had a problem leaving anything in the lockers. My purse, camera, cell phone, etc. I agree about being careful about your pin/passcode though, kind of common sense I suppose. It's just nice that they have the locker system that takes credit cards and allows for entry all day. I hate the places that have keys. What do you do with them??

As for the picture takers, we haven't really asked them to do anything in particular. We did ask them to take a picture with our camera and it turned out better than the one that they took with theirs. But oh well we still bought theirs. :)

SoCalDisneyLover
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
The 1st girl said the pass code, the 2nd girl didn't get the whole code and asked to repeat it another 2 times. After they were done I told the girls that if I was not an honest person that I now had their pass code and I knew that there were 2 purses in the locker. They got a big attitude with me as a young teenager may get when an adult mentions something to them. The one girl in a nasty tone said that it wasn't the pass code and I looked at her and said okay.

Look closely people. This is the future of our country. The movers and shakers of the next generation.

kimmybear
06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
which lockers tend to fill up the fastest? which are in the most convienent places? i've never used a locker before and have no idea where they are, but i think i'm going to need one this trip... any help is appreciated! :D :D :D

stan4d_steph
06-08-2006, 08:09 AM
which lockers tend to fill up the fastest? which are in the most convienent places? i've never used a locker before and have no idea where they are, but i think i'm going to need one this trip... any help is appreciated!There's information on lockers in the MousePlanet park guide (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AA0000) under the Facilities tab.

kimmybear
06-08-2006, 08:13 AM
ahh, thank you. it was very helpful. :D

Nancy
06-08-2006, 08:19 AM
which lockers tend to fill up the fastest? which are in the most convienent places? i've never used a locker before and have no idea where they are, but i think i'm going to need one this trip... any help is appreciated! :D :D :D

We like the lockers on Main Street. Location is good (except when we go to DCA) and I think they fill up fast too. It is our first stop as we enter the park. I switched to lockers when my kids outgrew strolers (which I used for years without maming anyones shins I might add!!!)

Benihodge
06-08-2006, 10:19 AM
How big are the lockers?:)

stan4d_steph
06-08-2006, 10:51 AM
How big are the lockers?:)They come in different sizes. They should be sufficiently large to stow packages or a backpack.

june1st1997
06-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Lokers on Main Street... There are 2 sizes of lockers... A small one... My large Diaper bag did not fit in and a large...which the bag DID fit in. The large ones are on the wall and the small in rows in the middle of the room. Large is $7.00 and small is $6.00.

Benihodge
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks both of you. :)

MrsSmith
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
My husband was in charge of safeguarding the little slip of paper with the locker access code. So of course he lost it.

It took him twenty minutes to get someone to come and open the locker for him.

The part I found most worrying was that the CM didn't even ask for any proof that the locker actually belonged to my husband. He just opened it and walked off. We could have asked them to open any locker we wanted. So if you're going to put valuables in there, it might be a good idea to make sure no one sees you doing it.