PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' Space Mountain officially announced, coming Spring 2007

Darkbeer
06-07-2006, 03:34 PM
From a Disneyland Resort Press Release

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57364

Disneyland Resort in California

-- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage -- Inspired by Disney -- Pixar's "Finding Nemo," this all-new E-ticket adventure will take guests on a real (and unbelievable) underwater excursion. (Summer 2007)

-- Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)

Also note, DCA has nothing listed for getting new things in 2007.....

vmjess
06-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I guess I am going to have to find a way to get to DL in the fall of 2007!!!

We usually go every other year- but it is getting too hard to stay away that long!!

simbaNnala101
06-07-2006, 03:38 PM
I hope that when they called finding nemo an E-ticket ride they said that to try to get peoples attention because that Is not going to be an E-ticket ride. Thanx so much for sharing.

~Ash~

olegc
06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I hope that when they called finding nemo an E-ticket ride they said that to try to get peoples attention because that Is not going to be an E-ticket ride. Thanx so much for sharing.

~Ash~

hmm - well I think Disneyland inherited the public culutural view of what an E-ticket is - something that is new, exciting, different, and that everyone wants to see. Not necessarily just a fast coaster or a large flume ride... it's anything that has been "plussed" with new technology and new designs.

so - by that - the Subs will be an e-ticket. The lines will justify that at least...

10-97
06-07-2006, 04:10 PM
The previous Submarine Voyage was an E-ticket ride. I'm confident that the Finding Nemo version will be just as much fun...

hbquikcomjamesl
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
The previous Submarine Voyage was LITERALLY an E-ticket ride, to the day ticket books were abandoned.

By and large, when ticket books were in use, thrill rides were proportionally no more common among E-ticket attractions than D-ticket attractions.

As to the stated subject of the thread, all I can say is that I found the old Space Mountain soundtrack acceptable precisely because it was a "surf guitar" arrangement OF A CLASSICAL PIECE (specifically, the "Aquarium" movement from Carnival of the Animals, by Camille Saint-Saens). This new development sounds like a full-time version of the "Rock-it Mountain" nighttime overlay concept that's been bandied about ad nauseum, and if it is to be full-time, it sounds like it's going to ruin Space Mountain for quite a few people.

As far as I'm concerned, they want a new soundtrack for Space Mountain, they ought to go to John Williams, or maybe James ("Star Trek II/III, Apollo 13, Captain EO underscore") Horner, or Dennis ("ST:TNG episode scores, ST:DS9, ST:Voyager, ST:Enterprise") McCarthy.

Wesley815
06-07-2006, 09:33 PM

~Ash~Based on your signature, you've never even BEEN to Disneyland... save your judgement for people who care. :rolleyes:

Disnerd
06-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I have seen the new Dry projection system at WDI. Trust me. It will be an E-ticket. The effect of zoom along the EAC with the turtles rocks!:)

Disneytwins
06-08-2006, 05:11 AM
How can you judge if a Attraction is good or not without riding it? for heavens sake, its not even open yet!:confused: :confused:

cstephens
06-08-2006, 06:54 AM
Based on your signature, you've never even BEEN to Disneyland... save your judgement for people who care. :rolleyes:

There was a way to respond to that post without being quite as nasty about it.

bradk
06-08-2006, 06:59 AM
it's also technically wrong. there's nothing in the sig to suggest Ash had never been to DL. it's Tine.

Disney Vault
06-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I wonder if it wil still only be changed at night. And why didn't they call it Rockit Mt. like originally?

oohykitten
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
from the Grad Nites it sounds like Rock It is more like a bad Planetarium Laser show. Not a Rock'nRoller Coaster type feel to it at all.

SactoGuy
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
so does this mean they wont have the standard space mountain anymore? I thought the idea was to space mountain in the day and rockit mountain at night?

Darkbeer
06-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Based on what I have read, it looks like the switchover has been nixed due to problems.

Looks like the "Rockin' Space Mountain" will be offered for the entire operating day, but for a limited time, say the extended Spring Break time, then return to the "new" Space Mountain that premiered last year after the promotional period. (Think something like the Holiday makeovers without the need for closing weeks for refurb). They can then bring back "Rockin' " in a year or so if it is popular, or rotate the time of year, say offering it again in the Fall of 2008 to try and drive local attendance.

Benihodge
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I think the soundtrack right now sounds like something right out of a James Bond movie, at least thats what it reminds me of.:D

JookyG
06-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Looks like the "Rockin' Space Mountain" will be offered for the entire operating day, but for a limited time, say the extended Spring Break time, then return to the "new" Space Mountain that premiered last year after the promotional period. (Think something like the Holiday makeovers without the need for closing weeks for refurb). They can then bring back "Rockin' " in a year or so if it is popular, or rotate the time of year, say offering it again in the Fall of 2008 to try and drive local attendance.

Count me as one of the DL loyalists who will be sorely disappointed that the Rockin' version will be full-time. I was looking forward to the nighttime overlay because it meant I could still ride my beloved SM 2.0 during the day. No matter how much I like Rockin', if I can't go on the normal version of my FAVORITE ride, then I will be one unhappy Mouseketeer. I would seriously consider changing my trip plans to avoid Rockin' in that case. I wanted to like the update, but now I hope it's a disaster so that it won't be back, or so they'll work out the bugs and let it be a nighttime overlay again (I really like the idea of nighttime overlays).

Another Dimension
06-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Subs / Nemo will most certainly be an E-ticket ... and the new soundtrack and slight lighting changes rumored for Screamin' haven't been announced yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't coming. :)

Hopefully... Rock It will get the 4 soundtracks WDI wanted it to have.

I am hoping one of those tracks will be the return of the Dick Dale soundtrack... that would be sweet!!!

If Disney is still paying for all that 'mostly bad, un-disney music' in Bash and Sunshine Plaza... Disney can pay Mr. Dale some more green for the re-licensing if necessary.
The track layout is still the same, give or take a few inches here and there... so the old soundtrack should still fit as well as the new soundtrack does.

Dick Dale soundtrack, 2.0 soundtrack, new soundtrack... complete silence... just not Hoobastank!

Good bands don't let random contest winners direct their video! :rolleyes:

Ack! Ack! Ack!

screamin4ever
06-08-2006, 07:50 PM
And the problem with this whole Rock-it Mountain thing is the continual complaints about the band chosen for the soundtrack. And then the Dick Dale, "Third Rock From the Sun" fan club. Just leave the darn thing Space Mountain 2.0!

Seashellmama
06-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Mmmm. Headphones... individually selected soundtrack...

jpeben
06-17-2006, 03:26 PM
So I "might" have went on Rockit Mountain (Grad Nite Version) 7 times last thursday. Let me tell you guys Original Space WAY better. I truly hope they take the time from now until spring to add stuff and change it up because it looks like it was done in 5 mins. Theres so few lights and stuff it just wasn't very good.

Disney Vault
06-17-2006, 03:40 PM
So I "might" have went on Rockit Mountain (Grad Nite Version) 7 times last thursday. Let me tell you guys Original Space WAY better. I truly hope they take the time from now until spring to add stuff and change it up because it looks like it was done in 5 mins. Theres so few lights and stuff it just wasn't very good.
How did the comet look?

chrisaustx
06-17-2006, 10:10 PM
I told you guys Rockit Mountain would never officially be seen by the public. I think the 2007 strategy for Disneyland, is to make some changes to keep the cash coming in the park. If switching the sound track on Space Mountain and doing some good lighting on the ride for a few weeks brings the cash in, so be it, but the whole Rockit Mountain idea seemed doomed from the beginning. I was watching the Finding Nemo DVD today, John Lasseter loves that movie and you can tell by his comments in the DVD. Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage may be the best ride Disneyland has built since Indiana Jones in 1995.

jpeben
06-18-2006, 01:58 AM
The comet was still pitch black, not lighted up at all.

rentayenta
06-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Glad to see Nemo will be opeing in Summer 2007. We'll be there at the end of 2006 and now I have the perfect reason to get us all APs again- we'll be back within a year! :D