PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Breakfast would you choose?

Pages : [1] 2

kuusimo
06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
We are looking at going in October and would love to do a Character Breakfast. Two boys 5 & 3 that go to Disneyland twice a year but we just never saw the need to do a "character" meal. What would you recommend?

bradk
06-07-2006, 11:13 AM
I did both Goofy's Kitchen & Minnie & Friends recently and between the two I enjoyed Minnie much more. Great character interaction (I intentionally booked one of the last seatings for this reason - and booked first seating for Goofy's Kitchen). Food selection wasn't huge, but it was good. GK had more of a selection, but half of it was pointless (peanut butter pizza for breakfast?) and what food they had in common, I preferred at Minnie's. plus you get a button.

that said, i know storytellers at DCA is a favorite and there's always lilo & stitch at PPH (never got to see them in the park last time I was there).

june1st1997
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
We just got back from our first DLR vacation as parents (DD is 3 months old). We did the Minnie & Friends and LOVED IT.

Character interaction was great (and that was with a 3 month old). DD didn't really get it. I'm sure our next trip it will be better. I was also mindful to watch how the characters were with the other children. AMAZING. Capt. hook was Awesome. Really engaged quite a few young boys. We triend to flag him down, but he didn't come near us... I AM CERTAIN this was because she is so young. But the more appropriate characters like Eyore & Chip came by several times. And I saw the Fairy Godmother spend a considerable amout of time wit hteh table next to us. I was very impressed.

Going in I thought... "hmm, she's so young, will this be a waste of money"... And it was THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP. $ well spent.

The reason I chose Minnie... it is IN THE PARK and for me that made all the difference. Having a big sit down breakfast in the park and seeing all those characters just seemed more magical to me.

junglemom
06-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I have only been to Ariels, Minnies and Goofy's. I by far loved Minnies the most.

slp87
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
We did the Storytellers in November and will be there again in a few weeks. It was fabulous!!! The food and the characters were wonderful!! We had the first seating and had the characters to ourselves.

hlbtimes2
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Another vote for Minnie's. We did it March- and LOVED it. We had done Goofys in Oct, and comparing the two, Minnies wins without question.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-07-2006, 11:57 AM
If there is a character lunch or character dinner available, I would opt for it, rather than a character breakfast.

nursemelis374
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
We ate at Storyteller's last Friday and it was awesome! I love eating here! The food and service are great. I also think this is a great place to bring boys!

CariBelle
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
The food at Storyteller's was awesome, but I didn't see anyone getting much character interaction.

DangerMouse
06-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Our family has done character breakfasts at PPH and Goofy's Kitchen. We thought both were a big waste of money and time. I, personally, will not do another character breakfast but if I were forced to go, I would try Minnie's at the Plaza Inn in the park based on many reports on this site.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-07-2006, 05:04 PM
I agree with "DangerMouse." Breakfast is not the sort of meal at which I'd be interested in character interaction. My approach to breakfast, even when visiting San Francisco, where I go out of my way to go to places renowned for their breakfasts (and certainly anywhere else) is that it should be light and easy to digest, AND SHOULD BE GOTTEN OVER WITH AS QUICKLY AND CHEAPLY AS POSSIBLE. When I visit WDW, I eat breakfast (usually oatmeal and toast) at the hotel food court. Period.

It seems to me that lunch or dinner would be a better choice for a character meal. Assuming there is such an animal at DL (there is at WDW -- The Liberty Tree, in the MK, for example).

disneyochem
06-07-2006, 05:23 PM
I'd like to suggest the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at PPH. We have done all of the character meals--and I think your kids would really enjoy the experience. At your kids' ages, a breakfast buffet might be a waste of money. At the L&S breakfast, you are able to order off the meal and even split a meal. It is less chaotic than Goofy's and there is a lot more character interaction. The kids actually get to play games with the characters in addition to dancing and singing. We really enjoyed the calm atmosphere of this breakfast over Goofy's or Plaza Inn.

Plus, I thought the food was good!

tmptink
06-07-2006, 06:46 PM
We ate at Lilo and Stitch in May and we ate at Minnie's in Sept. My 2 1/2 dd liked the L&S better because of the games that they play. The food was better at the Minnie one.

BQ2
06-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Breakfast? Who sit's still for breakfast? The park is open let's gooooooo. :)

kuusimo
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I have to agree that if we are inside the park I don't know if I could get my active children to sit still for breakfast. That is suppose to be done BEFORE mom! Thanks for the advice though. I had been leaning towards Goofy's kitchen until reading these posts.

taingirlsmom
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
We did Minnie's and Goofy's in Feb. and had a hard time getting to see the characters at Goofy's. At Minnie's, the characters came by many times and really spent time with my girls. Since so many characters came by at Minnie's they did not get restless and want to leave.

littlebugg
06-08-2006, 12:18 AM
We ate at Goofys for dinner in May and we were VERY disappointed. My 7yr old DS waited for Peter Pan and he skipped our table. Only one character out of about 8 that we saw stopped at our table. The food did not appeal to anyone in my family, and were not picky. We were all hungry after leaving, and I was reluctant to try other character meals after spending over $75 for three of us there. I think it was a combination of factors including a big party nearby that affected our experience? Either way....

We skipped Storytellers the next day, but decided to give the Minnie & Friends a try the last day because we were nearby in the park and hungry. We were so pleased with the breakfast it was all tasty and fresh. The characters all came to our table and we chose to sit outside so it wasn't crowded around us at all. We have made it a must do every time.

Have A Great Trip!!!

slp87
06-08-2006, 06:17 AM
The food at Storyteller's was awesome, but I didn't see anyone getting much character interaction.

At least when we were there, the characters don't come around to each table, they are near the entrance and you go to them. I enjoyed this set up because we weren't left waiting on that last one to come by the table. They also have a kids menu that they can order off so you don't have to shell out big bucks for food they won't eat.

Poptart
06-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Another vote for Minnie and Friends.
We went to Storyteller's in November and there were only a few characters whom we didn't know and a park ranger.
Minnie's has the familiar characters such as Tigger, Eeyore, Chip and Dale Captain Hook, a few more than Storyteller's. Captain Hook and Pooh were extremely good with my 15 mo. old and came by several times. Minnie took her time signing autographs for the 2 and 4 year olds. All took time to pose for pictures.

The food that you get for the price isn't worth it, but if character interaction is important, than you'll get your money's worth at Minnie's.

The food is mediocre and not a huge selection that you'd think for $20something per adult.

CariBelle
06-08-2006, 08:13 AM
At least when we were there, the characters don't come around to each table, they are near the entrance and you go to them. I enjoyed this set up because we weren't left waiting on that last one to come by the table. They also have a kids menu that they can order off so you don't have to shell out big bucks for food they won't eat.

When we went there were only 3 characters there, Chip (or ot could have been Dale) and two monkeys which I assume are from Brother Bear (? I haven't seen it).

hlbtimes2
06-08-2006, 08:29 AM
When we went there were only 3 characters there, Chip (or ot could have been Dale) and two monkeys which I assume are from Brother Bear (? I haven't seen it).
Monkeys? I'm guessing from jungle book. There are no monkeys in the forest with Koda. :D

twist1980
06-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I'd like to suggest the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at PPH. We have done all of the character meals--and I think your kids would really enjoy the experience. At your kids' ages, a breakfast buffet might be a waste of money. At the L&S breakfast, you are able to order off the meal and even split a meal. It is less chaotic than Goofy's and there is a lot more character interaction. The kids actually get to play games with the characters in addition to dancing and singing. We really enjoyed the calm atmosphere of this breakfast over Goofy's or Plaza Inn.

Plus, I thought the food was good!

I'm doing the Lilo and Stitch breakfast in a couple of weeks for my boyfriends 6 yo DS (and us too)! I thought that would be what he would like the best and kids just love Stitch!

I also liked the idea of being able to order off the menu, but mostly for my sake as I'm not a big breakfast eater. I don't want to spend $20 for me to eat one plate of food!

CariBelle
06-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Monkeys? I'm guessing from jungle book. There are no monkeys in the forest with Koda. :D

Oops lol I don't think they were from Jungle Book though, I didn't recognize any of them. Is there a purple gorilla in a movie?

bradk
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM
all I can come up with are King Louie from Jungle Book and Turk from Tarzan, neither of which I'd define as purple, or even Abu from Aladdin.

when i heard purple gorilla all i can think of is that scene from F! but I doubt those guys are making public appearances.

CariBelle
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Edit- The "purple" one is Turk. Maybe Rafiki was the other one.