PDA

View Full Version : CDs [Disneyland] music suggestions

mulansgirl
06-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I am making gift baskets for a family trip in october. I am trying to make this trip a very memerable one. Among the things I was going to put in is a princess CD holder and I wanted to put in a few home made CDs of Disney music. I already have the first one figured out it will be each members favorite disney song but I was thinking of doing a few more like Animated movies songs, Live action movies songs, Childrens songs, theme park songs. That last one might be the hard one but my husband and I have a lot of disney CD's and so do the rest of the family. I was just hopeing for sugestions on songs to put on each CD.
so far I was thinking
Animated-?
Live- whale of a tale, portabello Road,
Childrens- Best of friends, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Theme park- Country bears, pirates, grim grinning ghost

I was also going to put a photo CD in each case with pictures of the family at Disneyland. Any help is usefull.

Benihodge
06-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Do you want DisneyLand ride music?

mulansgirl
06-07-2006, 10:14 AM
yup. most of my family have never been to anyother Disney theme park besides Disneyland. I should add its a small world to that huh, it is probably the most iconic disneyland song and my nieces favorite. I am not completely sure how the CD's will turn out but I just kinda want something that makes you feel like you are at Disneyland when you cannot be there after the trip. and hope that some of those songs will bring back pleasant memories. but I cannot afford to spend twenty dollars on each family for one CD.
Does this make any sence?

stan4d_steph
06-07-2006, 10:32 AM
So you want suggestions of what songs to put on the CD?

"it's a small world"
Matterhorn Bobsled yodel
Space Mountain music
A Pirate's Life for Me

AngelBear
06-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh wow, there's so many. I usually check out Amazon when I'm looking for a specific theme. You could search for Disney and check the song lists from the results that come up.

You could also maybe look at a Disneyland map to remind yourself of the attractions and music.

Aside from that, I would recommend getting one of the Coke Corner ragtime piano songs, Mickey Mouse March, um.... Space Mountain music.... Light Parade... I also like to add some short little clips between the songs, stuff like the Big Thunder train whistle, the railroad announcement, safety warnings, and things like that. Stuff that doesn't have a song associated with it, but is so much a part of the atmosphere. You can find lots of Disneyland sound files on the internet.

Hope this helps.

Benihodge
06-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I like the music from the Indiana Jones ride, Pirates of the Caribbean ride, Space Mountain ride, Splash Mount ride, Star Tours ride and there's so many more that I cant think of right now but its a start lol.:D

Gone2Disneyland
06-07-2006, 11:49 AM
If it's a strictly theme park CD you're planning, these are my suggestions, if you have these tracks, to blend in with the theme park "classics":

Walt Disney's Dedication Speech, off the CD that came with that scrapbook hardcover The Disney Treasures, as the first track.

Old announcements spiels peppered throughout the listing (They used to sell them at the park when you could by individual tracks).

Some old ragtime songs for that Main Street USA atmosphere

Either "Son of Man" or "Strangers Like Me" from the Tarzan soundtrack (makes for a good sing-along song)

The themes from either Bonzanza, The Wild Wild West, The Magnificent Seven, or some other big western theme for Frontierland

Some from Billy Hill and the Billys if you have them. ;)

"Welcome" by Jump5 from the CD DisneyMania 2. It's used in the park's new parade "Parade of Dreams"

"When You Wish Upon a Star" for the final song, the version from the Pinocchio soundtrack.

emmah
06-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I really love the fantasyland darkrides medley from the 50th anniversary double CD set. I second the idea of 'wish upon a star' somewhere on your CD - iconic! also, if you have the 50th CD - how about the soundtrack from the fireworks? and the tiki room song of course.

another thing to think about is putting some of the stuff from those disneyland podcasts - the ones that have been discussed on these pages before - onto CD. they really feel like you are walking through the various lands. have fun!:)

SandraVB79
06-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Is it legal to make such CDs? I thought that that was breaking the copyright rules...

mulansgirl
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
As long as I do not sell the CDs that I make, and I own the CD's I am making copies from there is no problem. People have been doing this for years so they do not have to listen to songs they do not like or so they can just listen to a lot of songs they really like. This is how people put songs on their MP3 players and I-pods without using I-tunes. This is for private use only. So no it is legal to make a compolation CD, or there would have been a lot of people in jail in the mid 80's who made workout, and romance tapes for personal use.

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas, they have helped a lot, and given me lots of ideas. AngelBear, I think I am going to take a tape recorder to Disneyland and try and get some of the actual park sounds to put between tracks. Thanks again.