PDA

View Full Version : Best gas prices?

John
06-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I’m going to be making a quick trip to DLR next week and don’t want to spend a lot of time (or fuel) searching for the lowest gasoline prices. Anybody have a line on where to fuel up?

Andrew
06-06-2006, 01:17 PM
The Mobil Station (http://pininthemap.com/22708c077aeeecb7a) at Brookhurst and Crescent usually has decent prices, and their snack shop is well-stocked. We often make it our last stop on the way out of town.

Darkbeer
06-06-2006, 01:45 PM
http://www.orangecountygasprices.com/Anaheim/index.aspx

Right Now, the ARCO on Brookhurst and Ball is cheapest in the area, $3.119 a gallon for regular.

Andrew
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
http://www.orangecountygasprices.com/Anaheim/index.aspx
That's a good resource, thanks.

Right Now, the ARCO on Brookhurst and Ball is cheapest in the area, $3.119 a gallon for regular.

Arco can be counted on to have the cheapest prices of any name-brand station, but they only accept ATM/debit and not credit. I prefer putting purchases, especially made out-of-area, on credit. I get better records, can better manage my cash flow, and can contest fraudulent charges without actually being out the cash.

mcow1
06-06-2006, 03:49 PM
The stations on the east corners of Brookhurst and Chapman (Mobil & Chevron) are usually some of the cheapest around. Or the Shell at Chapman and Euclid.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
There is a Shell station that is never listed in the phone book or on any of the gas websites. It is packed all day and all night. I see CMs there all the time. Gas there is consistantly cheap (within 1-2 cents of the cheapest station all the time).

From the Resort:
Go West on Harbor (away from I-5)
Go South (left) on Chapman. Go past the Crystal Cathedral to Hasler & Chapman. It will be in the right side.

You can continue south on Chapman and get right on I-5 from there.

Sometimes, Valero near the resort is cheap, but not always.

Phantom2006
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
I have noticed that gas around Disneyland is a lot cheaper then gas by my house in Oceanside. I always try to fill up when I am up there.

junglemom
06-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Careful with ARCO stations, they charge you a fee to use your debit cards, which if you aren't filling up makes the gas more expensive than the expensive places.

DianeM
06-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Sometimes even if you are filling up you pay more. My tank holds 17 gallons, but I generally fill up when it gets down to 1-2 gallons, using 15 gallons. That means that with a 45 cent fee for using atm, I am paying 3 cents/gallon more at ARCO. My husband has a 13 gallon tank, so he usually pays 4 cents/gallon more at ARCO. Of course, you could go inside and pay with cash, waiting in line for 5-10 minutes (based on experience) to pay, then returning to wait again to get change. That's what my mother does, but she's retired, so time isn't as crunched for her.

Careful with ARCO stations, they charge you a fee to use your debit cards, which if you aren't filling up makes the gas more expensive than the expensive places.

Darkbeer
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
I bought gas at an ARCO yesterday, drove up, stuck $30 in cash in the special machine in the middle of the island that take cash and debit cards, filled up and was done in just a couple of minutes.

Yes, I did figure out I needed about 9 gallons, and that $30 was the right amount to fill the tank, but not to get change back, but I did that while I was stuck in traffic.

Darkbeer
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
FYI, the ARCO on Ball and Disneyland Drive takes Credit Cards, and there is no extra charge for using them (unlike the Debit Card), so use the Credit option....

daisy4me
06-07-2006, 09:04 AM
FYI, the ARCO on Ball and Disneyland Drive takes Credit Cards, and there is no extra charge for using them (unlike the Debit Card), so use the Credit option....
Thanks that's great to know. So if you push debit your charged but if you push credit, you arent charged:confused: that's kind of strange but OK. That's where we will go to fill up after our trip.THANKS!!:)

John
06-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the great advice! Perhaps I’ll save enough to be able to afford a Monte Cristo at the “new” Café Orleans :D

DianeM
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Wow, that's different. I've never seen an ARCO in my area (Northern California) that takes credit cards. Let's hope this is a trend that will catch on.

MermaidHair
06-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Here is a nifty little web site that will work for any city as long as you have a zip code:
http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=94618

zombie pirate
06-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I dont know where you are comming from, but if its south I would just gas up about 10 miles from the park, around the Marine air base off I-5, or least work it out to where tou have a little over 3/4 tank. after a fun day at the Magic Kingdom, you just want to get on the freeway and head home, or to you hotel room. Keep a ice chest in the shawdows, with drinks, some snacks in a tupperware container, and hit the road. If its durning the weekday depends on the time of day you might hit some lines waiting to gas up. you know how that effects your blood pressure. Better to arrive with enouf gas to put some distance in afterwards.