PDA

View Full Version : using a "runner" for FASTPASS

LytNnBug
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM
I have a question regarding using "runner" to pickup FASTPASS tickets for our group next week since we will have Grandma with us and be moving at a slower pace.

Can we send the runner over to DCA to pickup passes when everyone else is in Disneyland or will the system know that the tickets haven't been activated there yet?

thank you! C

bradk
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
they should be active in both parks once they're run through the turnstiles of one.

disneyperson
06-06-2006, 11:29 AM
they should be active in both parks once they're run through the turnstiles of one.
Perhaps not. The system may not accept them if they're not in the park they're currently avtivated for. I'd ask at City Hall to be sure.

The question is a good one. I don't know the answer but please let us know if it lets you or not.

LaJay55
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
I have done this before. You need to going through the entrance of each park once. So you can have everyone go into DCA then exit right away and go over to DL. Once you went inside DL your ability to get fastpass has been activated in both parks and then you can send a runner over to DCA while you all stay in DL.

IFlyAway
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
I just did this last week. My group kept busy at DL while I jumped over to CA and got everyone's fastpass for Soarin'. Didn't have a problem.

sandiegorob
06-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I just did this last week. My group kept busy at DL while I jumped over to CA and got everyone's fastpass for Soarin'. Didn't have a problem.
Same here. Just returned from a weekend trip to the park and I collected FPs for DCA while the family was at DL. The tickets just need be activated at one of the two parks and you won't have a problem.

Disney Vault
06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I guess you learn something everyday. I never would have thought you could do this.

kimmybear
06-06-2006, 02:22 PM
on the subject of fastpass running, is there any particular strategy or method? a.k.a. a certain order people suggest picking them up? :D

charpaul
06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
that depends on what you want to see/do in your day....

In DCA - pick up a Grizzly Rapids (always on it's own system) and then pick either Soarn', Screamn', or Tower for your next one. Then you have two for that park at the same time.:D

In DL - I would pick up a Space Mtn. first!! They always go the fastest... Unless you want to get a Splash Mtn. first so you can go when it is still warm enough to dry..... And then send your runner to Roger Rabbit (again on it's own system) to get a pass for that.

Space and Splash are the two that tend to get the longest wait times and they will run out of passes first on a busy day. It totally depends on what you want to do in your day. Indy - Big Thunder - Buzz would be next on my personal priority list for Fast Pass in DL

ghoofie
06-06-2006, 06:32 PM
After entering DL, (assuming it's morning), go directly to Space and get FP.
Buzz and Star Tours should still be more/less walk-on. Ride them. Go over
to HM. Should be short line if any, again, being early. By then, you may be elgible for another FP. Go to Splash Mountain and get FP. Then go ride Thunder and Mark Twain or Columbia. A nice morning ride around the river.
Maybe by then , or a short time later, get FP for Indy. You can always go in Tiki Room and/or Jungle cruise if it isn't time for another FP. You now have 3 FP's for use during busy times. Space, Splash, Indy. By the way...if you are early enough when you first entered, while you are getting a FP for Space, it may only be a few minute wait...so ride it....use the FP later for a second ride on Space.

Benihodge
06-06-2006, 08:46 PM
You could also get a single rider pass if you dont mind not sitting next to each other in your party.

daisy4me
06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
that depends on what you want to see/do in your day....

In DCA - pick up a Grizzly Rapids (always on it's own system) and then pick either Soarn', Screamn', or Tower for your next one. Then you have two for that park at the same time.:D

In DL - I would pick up a Space Mtn. first!! They always go the fastest... Unless you want to get a Splash Mtn. first so you can go when it is still warm enough to dry..... And then send your runner to Roger Rabbit (again on it's own system) to get a pass for that.

Space and Splash are the two that tend to get the longest wait times and they will run out of passes first on a busy day. It totally depends on what you want to do in your day. Indy - Big Thunder - Buzz would be next on my personal priority list for Fast Pass in DL
Thanks charpaul, that's good info. Any other FP rides with thier own FP system? So that means if you get the ones that have thier own FP then you can go and get any other one?

stan4d_steph
06-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks charpaul, that's good info. Any other FP rides with thier own FP system? So that means if you get the ones that have thier own FP then you can go and get any other one?Here's a good rundown on the FastPass system (http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=fastpass).

BlkPearlCptn
06-10-2006, 07:43 PM
The group I hang with does it all the time. We have never had a problem. We give one person the entry passes, then they run over and get the FP's. So, yup, you can do it.