PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian and Vacation Planning

mickeynminnie
06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi. My girlfriends and I are staying at the GCH in mid-October. None of us have ever stayed there before, any tips for the newbie? We have a Downtown Disney view, and aren't going the concierge thing.

Also, this is my first adults only trip in about 4 years, so any tips for an adult trip are also apprecaited. I am going to have VP do some surprises for us in the room. I don't know if F! will be running or not, but we want to do the dessert buffet if it is. How early do I need to tell VP we want these tickets? We're at 128 days away, is it too early to contact them?

Thanks! :fez:

msgmg68
06-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi. My girlfriends and I are staying at the GCH in mid-October. None of us have ever stayed there before, any tips for the newbie? We have a Downtown Disney view, and aren't going the concierge thing.

Also, this is my first adults only trip in about 4 years, so any tips for an adult trip are also apprecaited. I am going to have VP do some surprises for us in the room. I don't know if F! will be running or not, but we want to do the dessert buffet if it is. How early do I need to tell VP we want these tickets? We're at 128 days away, is it too early to contact them?

Thanks! :fez:

The last time I checked, it was 90 days prior to the date you want. However, call VP because they can give you the exact date to begin calling.

My hubby and I are doing an adults only in a couple of weeks, so I'll be interested to see what type of tips you get from the group.

Have fun!

disneyochem
06-06-2006, 09:33 AM
One of my favorite things to do on a girlfriend-only trip is hang out at the Cove Bar in DCA. You can have a blast just hanging out with friends drinking a margarita with the Paradise Pier area in the background!

Spending adult time in DTD is fun as well. Check out who will be playing at the House of Blues. I like to eat at Catal with adults--with kids I'm always stressed about the amount of money on spending on their food that doesn't get eaten!

Also, the dessert buffet at F! is a must with friends. Yummy, yummy. I do believe that you need to call 30 days in advance (and start calling first thing in the morning). But try to have VP get the ressies for you.

mickeynminnie
06-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow. I just called VP and they took my request for F! now to put in their computer to call in September. I spoke to Barbara who has helped me in the past and she took all my information. I thought for sure they would tell me to call back when we were closer to our trip date.