PDA

View Full Version : Build-a-Bear in Downtown Disney

amcutler
06-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I heard there was a build a bear in downtown...is this just the basic store or do they have disney themed bears you can do as well? if its just the same old we'll probably skip it but if its a one time mickey or something that might be a diff story.

hlbtimes2
06-05-2006, 09:20 PM
They do not offer Disney characters to be stuffed, but they do have a good selection of Disney outfits for the animals. We have Buzz Lightyear bear, Woody Dog, and Ariel Kitty. They also have some Disneyland tshirts and mouse ears.

simbaNnala101
06-05-2006, 09:38 PM
My nefews do it every time that we go down adn we also have the same outfits but my neice got a marie cat to stuff there but that was like 6 months ago so I don't know if they are still there.

~Ash~

bradk
06-05-2006, 11:19 PM
do note that: the disney outfits are available at many BABW stores and the internet, but there are special mickey/minnie outfits (with the tshirt, mickey gloves and mouse ears) that are available only at this store.

also, it's been advised to try the 2nd floor if the 1st one looks too busy. i probably wouldn't recommend making a friend here, but definitely pick up those outfits.

mommy-san
06-06-2006, 05:28 AM
the second floor wasn't open when we were there- closed off with a rope. If you have girls, there is also the 'friends2bmade' station in dtd babw... my daughter loved this idea. Pick a friend and make it- who wouldn't love to do that in real life?

mcow1
06-06-2006, 07:12 AM
I saw the other day that they are soon going to be offering a Mickey and Minnie to stuff.

vmjess
06-06-2006, 08:14 AM
They often have cute disneyland t shirts that are exclusive to the downtown Disney store- We have picked up a different one on each of our last three trips. The last one we got was a 50th tee. We don't build a bear there- we just get a t-shirt for the bears we already have. We would probably do it if they had special disney animals to stuff.

mypupmickey
06-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I saw the other day that they are soon going to be offering a Mickey and Minnie to stuff.

Yep. I was there yesterday (6-6-06) and they are having special thing this weekend, June 9-11, to make your own Mickey & Minnie dolls. $28. for one or $50. for both.

amcutler
06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Always!! Why?! We get there the 12th! Ugh! Did it just say the 9-11th I'm guessing? Maybe if I call and beg....drat.

BlkPearlCptn
06-10-2006, 07:39 PM
The Stitch's that are sold in the parks are the same size as the Build-A-Bear. I took Stitch in (they were cool with it) and bought him the Biker outfit...(they even let me do his costume fitting in the store). So he has the Biker outfit that Stitch wears in the commercial.

bradk
06-12-2006, 06:38 AM
i took an interactive stitch to WDW complete with mouse ears from the mickey mouse outfit (which i got embroidered at MGM - very nice) and various outfits. it was a sick experiment to say the least.

stitch @ epcot (most outfits from the international collection)
http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/883466

stitch @ mk (in his touring outfit, king outfit for CRT and Sword in the Stone, and dressed for MNSSH):
http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/918383

stitch @ mgm:
http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/873698

stitch @ dak:
http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/891220

bradk
06-29-2006, 09:19 AM
just as an FYI: Pooh will be available at BABW as of July 7 (all/most locations).

CariBelle
06-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Brad, those are the MOST adorable pictures I have ever seen! Look at Stitch steaming up the screen with that upsode down kiss! And being offered up to Pride Rock like a Prince!

flower15
07-02-2006, 05:53 AM
I just got back from an 11 day trip that included going to Disneyland. We did not make it over to Downtown Disney, we were trying to get so much into 1 day. Could anyone tell me, when I went to Disneyworld last year, they had a # you could call and order things that you had seen there and hadn't bought. Does Disneyland have a service like that one? Or do you know where I could order from BAB, Mickey ears or shirts. Thanks

bradk
07-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Disneyland has a mail order service called DelivEARS, but I doubt very much they can assist with DTD stores.

you may have to try calling the Anaheim BABW store directly and see if they'll mail order the outfits for you. most disney outfits are actually available on the BABW workshop, but the Mickey/Minnie outfits are not. occasionally you may see them on ebay, but be prepared to pay a little more for it.

Goosegirl
07-03-2006, 08:25 AM
In the past few years that we have gone, there has been a coupon for BABW in the little coupon book that comes with the vacation packages. Does anyone know if this coupon is in the book again this year?

daisy4me
07-03-2006, 09:07 AM
In the past few years that we have gone, there has been a coupon for BABW in the little coupon book that comes with the vacation packages. Does anyone know if this coupon is in the book again this year?
Yes we got ours and used it just last week!

MissKIA
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
What was the discount on the coupon?