PDA

View Full Version : AP Hotel Deals

tinker3
06-05-2006, 01:28 PM
This is my 1st year with a AP. One of the perks I was hoping to use was the discount on the DLR hotels. I thought I read at one time they go as low as $99. I know they just pick an off time to offer it but does anyone know if it is usually at a certain time of year, and how long in advance will they let you know? One more Question, If I wanted to get a room for my parents also, can I do that or do they only let you get one room? I appreciate any feedback.:)

hlbtimes2
06-05-2006, 02:28 PM
They are typically offered during the very slow times of the year, like January. They dont usually give a lot of notice, maybe a couple weeks. Its all based on how full the hotel is. If it is filling up at regular rate, they are not going to offer a huge ap discount. You do get a small discount off the regular rate, but that isnt going to get you close to $100 a night!

I wouldnt plan on getting a good rate until the 50th and the holidays are over.

LLevy
06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
am I wrong or are there actually 2 types of AP discounts? 1) a standard 10% (or something) if the rooms are available, and you can book anytime and 2) a special *really* discounted AP rate that they occasionally announced shortly before they are available and in limited #s.

LL

downingfamily1
06-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Llevy, you are correct. The standard ap discount is 10%. I have found that this is usually off of a pretty high rate though and is not always better than expedia or some of the other discount places. Once in awhile they offer very good ap rates. Sometimes, the ap nights are announced farther ahead than others and it is always worth a try to call and check, even if you have already made your reservations.
Julie

rentayenta
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't know when you are going but Expedia is offering the 4th night free on the DLR hotels October-December 21st. Disneyland.com is offering the 4th night free too but I don't know how long the offer is good for or when it begins; I just know it's offered in December. Having the 4th night free might save you more than an AP discount.

potterphreak
06-06-2006, 08:42 AM
1. yes, you can reserve up to 2 rooms with each AP.
2. I got the AWESOME AP rates of $89 / night Nov. 28th and 29th and then again January 3rd-5th. Can't beat the DLH for $89 a night!

A few times, I have reserved a room from expedia or hotels.com for about $150 a night, and that was worth it too (until my SIL broke her hand in the lobby of the hotel!!!)

Hope that helps!

tinker3
06-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the help! I would love to get a deal in Nov. that's what we are hoping for, but I may just make reservations with expedia's deal, just in case. Thanks again!:)