PDA

View Full Version : The new menu for Cafe Orleans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mcow1
06-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Disney Dining sent me the new menu in a PDF file. Here it is:
STARTERS
French Onion Soup Sautéed sweet-onion medley in a traditional broth with melted Swiss cheese cup 4.99

New Orleans Gumbo A rich, flavorful stew with chicken, andouille sausage and tasso ham, served with Cajun-style "dirty rice" cup 4.99

Pommes Frites Traditional Parisian-style potatoes, lightly fried and tossed with Parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley, served with a Cajun spice aioli 4.99

La Salade de Maison Our Cafe Orleans signature house salad, featuring tossed baby greens in a raspberry vinaigrette, topped with cherry tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and caramelized pecans. C'est bon! 5.99

Mardi Gras Crab-Salad Sandwich Crab salad with garlic, scallion and diced tomato, lightly tossed in a zesty citrus aioli, served on an onion roll with avocado and sliced tomato 14.99

'The Big Easy" Shrimp Salad Grilled Jumbo shrimp atop wedged lettuce, with asparagus, tomato, avocado, aged prosciutto and shaved Parmesan, lightly tossed in a Lemon-herb vinaigrette 15.99

French Quarter Blackened Chicken Caesar Crisp Romaine hearts tossed in a traditional Caesar dressing, topped with blackened chicken and shaved Parmesan 13.99

Monte Cristo Sliced turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a light batter, fried and served with berry puree 14.99

Three-Cheese Monte Cristo Swiss, mozzarella and double crème Brie in a light batter, fried and served with berry puree 14.99

Freshly Prepared Stuffed Crepes
Delicate crepe - made to order. Served with buttered asparagus and fingerling potatoes.

Chicken Gumbo Crepe Sautéed chicken, andouille sausage, tasso ham, and Creole gumbo sauce 15.99

Seafood Herb Crepe With a traditional Mornay sauce, shaved Parmesan and mozzarella 15.99

DESSERTS

“Mickey" shaped Beignets
Topped with powdered sugar and served with raspberry coulis and vanilla crème anglaise 6.99

Chocolate Crepe Soufflés
Flourless chocolate indulgence! Raspberries wrapped in crepes and baked to perfection, served with raspberry coulis and whipped cream 6.99

Andrew
06-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Three-Cheese Monte Cristo Swiss, mozzarella and double crème Brie in a light batter, fried and served with berry puree 14.99
Heart attack on a plate? I don't care. I'm there.

And I guess this is the promised "veggie" version of the Monte Cristo? I was expecting something with a big slab of portobello mushroom or something; this sounds much better.

kirstie_29
06-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Yummy!!! That all sounds so good, and a lot cheaper than the Blue Bayou's new menu. Now I need to plan my next trip so I can try out the new offerings. Is it said that I am motivated by food? :)

spectromen
06-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Sounds like some former BB menu items migrated over here, albeit with a $2 increase and less atmosphere...but still, overall it sounds really good!

Niwel
06-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Now that sounds perfect!!! Yum! Glad I changed my reservations for July 2.

nursemelis374
06-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Sounds good! I wonder if the Monte Cristo still comes with a sidedish. They used to always let me switch out the pasta salad for something else at Blue Bayou, I wonder if it will be the same?

ETA: It looks like we will also be able to get a Monte Cristo at dinner now! What are the hours going to be?

yellowrosedtxn
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Now that sounds perfect!!! Yum! Glad I changed my reservations for July 2.

I was wondering how you made reservations for Cafe Orleans? I just got an e-mail from someone at Vacation Planners and they said that the restaurant doesn't make reservations.

Thanks.

Niwel
06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I was wondering how you made reservations for Cafe Orleans? I just got an e-mail from someone at Vacation Planners and they said that the restaurant doesn't make reservations.

I called the Disney Dining Line yesterday: (714) 781-DINE and asked when they would open Priority Seating (not a reservation, but you get the next available spot for a party of your size). They said the restaurant opens at the end of June. I asked would it be possible to make them for July 2? He said yes and asked if I wanted it for the same time as my BB one (11:30). I said yes -- so he made the switch and canceled BB.
I've learned with DL that it never hurts to call because things change over there all the time.

yellowrosedtxn
06-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks. I will call them in a little bit to see if they are taking reservations for that time. If not, then I guess the Monte Cristo will just have to wait until next time.

potterphreak
06-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Ok, to relive my old question:
Do you think I can get 2 Montes to go? (instead of at the BB)

Thanks in advance!! I REALLY don't want to "waste" the precious few hours I will have in the park (ok, so I get like, 6-7 hours but that is SOOO little! LOL)

TikiGeek
06-05-2006, 12:23 PM
The new menu sounds great! Yes, a little pricey for a "lite" atmosphere restaurant - but if the food's good...I don't care. I'm looking forward to it. ;)

rentayenta
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
So this is a new restaurant at DL? I am so lost. In any event we are so going to try it in December. :)

mcow1
06-05-2006, 12:26 PM
So this is a new restaurant at DL? I am so lost. In any event we are so going to try it in December. :)
No it's not new. It's just been redone from cafeteria style to full service sit down.

rentayenta
06-05-2006, 12:27 PM
No it's not new. It's just been redone from cafeteria style to full service sit down.

I am seriously having the hardest time picturing where this is.
:confused:

Andrew
06-05-2006, 12:32 PM
The entrance is directly across from the courtyard between Le Bat En Rouge and Pieces of Eight. There's a patio seating area along the upper RoA walkway.

Darkbeer
06-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I am seriously having the hardest time picturing where this is.
:confused:

Basically across from the Blue Bayou. If you can picture the entrance to Pirates, on the right side is the Bread Bowl Gumbo place, then some shops before the Pirates exit. On the other side of the street is where Cafe Orleans is. (Underneath Club 33). Then the French Market is west of Cafe Orleans.

rentayenta
06-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Basically across from the Blue Bayou. If you can picture the entrance to Pirates, on the right side is the Bread Bowl Gumbo place, then some shops before the Pirates exit. On the other side of the street is where Cafe Orleans is. (Underneath Club 33). Then the French Market is west of Cafe Orleans.

Thank you! I seriously could not visualize it until your very descriptive description. The menus sounds good.

kiwifuz
06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I'll definitely be trying this. I'm looking forward to a change in dining options. :)

twist1980
06-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Mmmm...sounds good to me! Thanks for posting the menu!

DianeM
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
If DL is trying to get fewer customes at BB and more at Cafe Orleans, then they have succeeded here. The next time my mother wants to take me out to dinner at DL, I'm going to ask her to take me to Cafe Orleans instead of BB. If she want the POTC ambiance, we can go on the ride right after dinner. The only thing I'll miss is the chocolate mousse at BB. It was awesome. That doesn't seem to be on either menu, though.

Frogberto
06-05-2006, 03:53 PM
If DL is trying to get fewer customes at BB and more at Cafe Orleans, ...

Fewer costumes? Do characters in costumes visit either location? If so, then I am there!

Oh wait a minute... I get it now. Oops.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Heart attack on a plate? I don't care. I'm there.

I'll meet you in the cardiac ward! ;)

SoCalDisneyLover
06-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Proof that the "powers that be" Do read the internet message boards.

I can almost hear the wrangling at Disney over the weekend......"Quick, the online rabble are complaining about the higher prices at Blue Bayou. Better shut them up by releasing the Cafe Orleans menu with the Monte Cristo a few dollars cheaper.

I agree with the person above who said they basically made Cafe Orleans the new table service substitute for BB. They jacked up the prices at BB, while at the same time giving you more food with each order. They guarded against splitting the larger meals by adding the split charge, so you're paying more no matter what you do.

The prices at Cafe Orleans are a bit higher than the former BB prices, although they're apparently constant all day, and if that's the case, then dinner at CO is certainly cheaper than dinner at BB ever was.

If intended purpose was to cure me of my BB lunch habit, and BB Monte Cristo addiction, they've accomplished it. I will likely frequent Cafe Orleans much more frequently than BB in the future.

AVP
06-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Heart attack on a plate? I don't care. I'm there. Add the side of pommes frittes, and I'll join you. Hey - maybe we can split it w/o the $5 charge!

AVP

stan4d_steph
06-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Add the side of pommes frittes, and I'll join you. Hey - maybe we can split it w/o the $5 charge!

AVPI'm up for trying it in the fall! I'm not even going to contemplate calculating the WW points for that thing.