PDA

View Full Version : Yet another traffic question! [ONT to DLR]

Mermaid
06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
I am flying into ONT on Thursday June 29 (my bday... yay!!) for a quick one day trip. We get there around 7:30 and will probably be on the road about 8. How long will it take to get to the DLR? It took 45 minutes on MA weekend, but that was a Saturday. Also, if we need to be at the airport by 7:30 on the same day, what time should we leave DL? Is 6:30 enough time? I want to get the most of my day since it is a quick one but I don't want to miss my flight!! Thanks!

Shinku
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
A. Which freeway are you taking to get there?
B. At what time are you flying back home? Around rush hour? Midnight?

45 minutes would not be a bad estimation for driving into Anaheim, however the drive back can be greatly influenced depending on time of day and route of choice.

bassett1976
06-04-2006, 08:33 PM
At 8 am you will run into some Orange County Traffic. If you have someone with you use the carpool lane and it will help a bit. I would estimate at least an hour at that point. Going home I would estimate more than an hour to be safe. Freeway traffic can be horrible and you don't want to miss your flight.

Mermaid
06-04-2006, 08:38 PM
I am planning on the 60 to the 57 to Ball and reverse. I am open to other suggestions though! My flight leaves around 9. I won't have any luggage and will check in the night before (Southwest).

I will have my sister with me so we can use carpool lanes. Is there a carpool exit at the 57? I didn't use them last time because I didn't know when I could get out safely! Here in AZ you can get in and out whenever you want. Thanks!

bassett1976
06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
No carpool exit on the 57 at all. Also, in CA you can only enter/exit the carpool lane in the marked sections. Is a very expensive fine if you do so in front of a police officer. The 60 can be slow and the 57 after Lambert is going to be slow also. I've gotten off a few times and headed West to pick up State College Road and headed south. It might not be the freeway but I've always felt its quicker during rush hour.

adriennek
06-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I would stick with the 60/57 route. The alternative is the 15/91. You wouldn't have carpool lanes until you hit the 91 and but the traffic won't be better than the 60/57 at either time of day.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer to get to DLR in the morning because of traffic, but probably not much longer.

Yes, leaving at 6:30 should be enough time to get to ONT by 7:30.

Adrienne

Mermaid
06-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys!! I am way excited about my trip now that i heard the turnstile will ackowledge my bday! Isn't it dumb the things that excite us!