PDA

View Full Version : Good and inexpensive place to eat?

Jwebbal
06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Can anyone tell me a good, but not quite so expensive place to eat in or around Disneyland? We go to all kinds of places, but a friend of ours is coming with her family and wanted someplace less expensive. Can anyone suggest something? Thank you!

cirquelover
06-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Well, for outside DLR we really like Mimi's. It's located over by the Hojo. The food is really good, the muffins are spectacular! The prices seem reasonable compared to eating inside Disneyland.

kisroo
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll second Mimi's.

In Downtown Disney, Tortilla Joe's has a walk-up window with pretty decently priced, and delicious food. Whitewater Snacks in the GCH also has great food, amazing portions (you could split some of the menu items easily), and good prices.

~kisroo:)

stan4d_steph
06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Whitewater Snacks, then check out the fantastic GCH lobby. :) I recommend the grilled chicken sandwich with guac and green chiles.

vmjess
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
We love Mimis too- huge portions fair prices.

DianeM
06-04-2006, 08:13 PM
If you have a car, you can drive to Knotts Berry Farm and get take out chicken and boysenberry pie. It's pretty cheap (you'll be in line with locals, not tourists), and you don't have to pay for parking (just ask the guards at the gate where to park for chicken take out). And it's a treat. Knotts berry pie is possibly the best pie in the world. The chicken is very good, too.

Can anyone tell me a good, but not quite so expensive place to eat in or around Disneyland? We go to all kinds of places, but a friend of ours is coming with her family and wanted someplace less expensive. Can anyone suggest something? Thank you!

mulansgirl
06-04-2006, 08:30 PM
White Water Snacks the best little place we accidently found on a trip so far. if you go for breakfast two people can share the breakfast burrito very yummy and if you go for lunch two or three people can share the nachos and get the beef kind the meat is so good it is just yummy cheesy jucy meat goodness in a basket. I have also gotten the kids cheeseburger meal.

I find that by getting the kids meals at disneyland I don't throw as much away and I save money or sharing food is also a great way to save, most portions are quite big and can be easily shared. I do this evry trip, I almost never order for myself anymore just split food cost with the group, plus if you share you can get a tast of many diffrent foods not just the one thing you ordered. like a buffet with out all the strangers in your food.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm afraid I have to be a dissenting voice on Mimi's.
I've eaten once each at two different locations thereof. Both times, I found the food to be barely edible, and not the slightest bit appetizing. Even though now that they're a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bob Evans (of which I own a few shares), I still refuse to ever eat at another Mimi's, even if somebody else is buying.

As far as economical in-park dining goes, I like the chicken at the Plaza Inn.

off-property, there's a Carrow's not all that far away, as well as several Denny's locations.

tod
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Here we go:

Whitewater Snacks on property, in the Grand Californian Hotel
Millie's on Harbor
Mimi's on Harbor
Denny's on Euclid, west of the Resort
Tacos Mi Pueblo, Katella and Walnut, SW corner of the Resort
Subway/McDonald's/KFC/El Pollo Loco/Burger King/7-Eleven all at or near the corner of Ball Road and Anaheim Street, east of the Resort
Jack in the Box on Harbor, south of the Resort Jack in the Box on Katella, west of the Resort Jack in the Box at Ball and Brookhurst, west of the Resort

--t

dehnehsu
06-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I'd recommend Los Sanchez Mexican Food. It's on Harbor (South of Disneyland in Garden Grove) It's only a couple minutes drive from Dizzeyland. Across the street from Target. If you're not looking for fancy atmosphere but good food, and huge portions at a budget price, this is place for you! You can get the food to go too. You know a place is good when you see the locals dining there. There is limited indoor space and plenty of outdoor bench type seating. We eat there at least once every trip.

Word of warning, The Garden Grove Harbor location will move soon, If it hasn't already! It's moving further South to Garden Grove blvd.

http://www.lossanchez.com/home.htm

mckygirl99
06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
I'd recommend Los Sanchez Mexican Food. It's on Harbor (South of Disneyland in Garden Grove) It's only a couple minutes drive from Dizzeyland. Across the street from Target. If you're not looking for fancy atmosphere but good food, and huge portions at a budget price, this is place for you! You can get the food to go too. You know a place is good when you see the locals dining there. There is limited indoor space and plenty of outdoor bench type seating. We eat there at least once every trip.

Word of warning, The Garden Grove Harbor location will move soon, If it hasn't already! It's moving further South to Garden Grove blvd.

http://www.lossanchez.com/home.htm

It's already gone! :(

wabby1
06-05-2006, 01:23 PM
I highly recommend the Crab Cooker in Newport Beach.

http://www.crabcooker.com/

potzbie
06-05-2006, 03:40 PM
No one has mentioned walking across the street (HARBOR BL.) to Tony Roma's (The Rib Place).

Or IHOP.

Or McDonalds.

tod
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
No one has mentioned walking across the street (HARBOR BL.) to Tony Roma's (The Rib Place).

Or IHOP.

Or McDonalds.

What do you make of that? :~D

--t
Hint: There are two Denny's closer to the Resort than the one on Euclid, and I mentioned the McDonald's at Ball and Anaheim, but not the one across the street.

rentayenta
06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
In n Out.

kiwifuz
06-05-2006, 05:08 PM
In n Out.

Yep!! We're from the midwest so we definitely hit In n Out & Carl's Jr. (Hardee's just isn't quite the same still, better but not the same)

I Heart Disneyland!
06-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Bengal BBQ and better hurry because it's going away forever soon. It's across from Indiana Jones and Jungle Cruise.

cstephens
06-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Bengal BBQ and better hurry because it's going away forever soon. It's across from Indiana Jones and Jungle Cruise.

Good, but inexpensive? Definitely not. To get enough for a decent meal, it's pretty expensive to eat there.

And it's not confirmed that it's going away forever, so probably best not to perpetuate that rumour at this time.

I really like Mimi's and I like Tony Roma's ok, but I'd have to be dragged back to the locations across from Disneyland. Service and food are far inferior to other locations of the same chain.

Omnitographer
06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
if you dont mind a bit of a drive in the evening, maybe 20 min or so, Gong's Chinese on the corner of Warner and Goldenwest in Huntington Beach is the best chinese food ive ever had. been since my dad was a batchelor, the family that runs the place moved to america straight from china. you can order family style and enjoy a feast for a good price. the orange chicken is to die for.

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.pmkfyf54z90n_Gongs___

CariBelle
06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Bengal BBQ is on my inexpensive list- two of us eating for under $20 is inexpensive to me.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Good, but inexpensive? Definitely not. To get enough for a decent meal, it's pretty expensive to eat there.

And it's not confirmed that it's going away forever, so probably best not to perpetuate that rumour at this time.

Didn't mean to get you ruffled. I did hear that it was going away forever from a CM, so, that is what I have to go on. Do you work at DL and have other information??? If so, lay it on me because I LOVE Bengal BBQ and was so sad it was going away!!! :(

And, to me, cstephens, I think Bengal BBQ is reasonably priced, so, please don't discount my opinion. Thanks!

I Heart Disneyland!
06-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Bengal BBQ is on my inexpensive list- two of us eating for under $20 is inexpensive to me.

I totally agree! :) :) And it's not deep fried. It's relatively healthy.

dlandnut
06-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I highly recommend the Crab Cooker in Newport Beach.

http://www.crabcooker.com/

I second that, Mr. Wabby. This is my most favorite restaurant in all of So Cal.....a must when I visit DL. :)